Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning Discussion > General Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.
Florida Tix
Unread 12 Apr 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Honeymoon! Hawaii :)

Hey all .

So weve decided we are definitely having our honeymoon in Hawaii .

We really want to do a cruise, Disney, RCL, Norwegian being our preferred lines (in that order. To be honest we arent overly keen on the idea of Norwegian as we like to dress up and have formal nights etc, however they do have no at sea days..)

So our options are:

Fly to Vancouver, 2 nights there, then cruise Disney/RCL to Honolulu and then do 5(ish) nights in Aulani and then fly home from there.

Problem being - flights seem ridiculous because theyre not return. Would we be better staying another night or so in Vancouver at the end to get return flights and then just book a one way flight from Hawaii?

Or we get return flights to HNL, do 5(ish) nights in Aulani, the 7 night cruise with NCL and then 2/3 nights in another part of HNL. Meaning we can get return flights and we cut out the days at sea, but were not overly keen on NCL.

Are there any travel agents I should be talking to about this? I was just going to DIY but Im not sure where to start!

Any thoughts welcome we are looking at 2021 - getting married next year but theres no way we can afford both in a year!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unexpected Holiday - Off to Kos!
Unread 12 Apr 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

I know what you say about NCL but it was an amazing itinerary especially overnighting in port. In each port we rented a convertible and had a fantastic time. Driving the Volanoes NP on Big Island in a Mustang is a memory that will stay with me forever.
It was 12 years ago now that we went on Pride of America and at the time NCL had three ships sailing out of Honolulu so prices were really competitive. Nowadays its relatively expensive for not the best cruise experience imo. Having said that it was our first cruise and got us hooked - weve now done 48 cruises, so it didnt put us off!
We did it diy by booking the cruise through Vacationstogo - shop around is my advice.

Edited at 12:25 PM.
Omega1 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
I know what you say about NCL but it was an amazing itinerary especially overnighting in port. In each port we rented a convertible and had a fantastic time. Driving the Volanoes NP on Big Island in a Mustang is a memory that will stay with me forever.
It was 12 years ago now that we went on Pride of America and at the time NCL had three ships sailing out of Honolulu so prices were really competitive. Nowadays its relatively expensive for not the best cruise experience imo. Having said that it was our first cruise and got us hooked - weve now done 48 cruises, so it didnt put us off!
We did it diy by booking the cruise through Vacationstogo - shop around is my advice.
Thank you for replying

Royal Caribbean can do us a package with 3 nights in Vancouver prior to the cruise and then 4/5 nights in Honolulu without a hotel so we can book Aulani separately.
I think we will most likely be taking them up on this as it seems to take some of the stress away

Just have to make sure I find the best sea sickness tablets and take them prior to the cruise this time!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 16 Apr 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
ashc13
Getting Excited

Mobile

No tips. Sounds fab! Enjoy the planning - wedding and honeymoon!
ashc13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I also have no tips, but you had mentioned your wedding on the theatre fans thread. Just wanted to say how wonderful your honeymoon sounds 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Croatia June, then Vietnam July
Unread 16 Apr 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I also have no tips, but you had mentioned your wedding on the theatre fans thread. Just wanted to say how wonderful your honeymoon sounds 😀
Thank you! Now to get in the money to pay for it all haha
Unread 16 Apr 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We had an amazing honeymoon in Hawaii. Its an amazing set of Islands
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 17 Apr 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
We had an amazing honeymoon in Hawaii. Its an amazing set of Islands
It looks beautiful! So much to see and do, but also the ability to just really relax when we want to!
ResalesDVC