Go Back   theDIBB > Disney Vacation Club > General DVC Discussion
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.
Attraction Tickets Direct
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 12 Apr 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
#1
Hendriks
Proud to wear my Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 16
Advice on Resale SSR /AKL

Hello All

Currently at DIsney -- . We added on last year at Copper and used our banked points to come April-- and have a trip booked for Oct as well

Because of the late booking for April ie last Nov when we added on, we couldn't get full availability at CC, and did a split stay at SSR and CC

We really liked SSR and stayed in Paddocks

We know have addonitis as we want to come each April and October

We really liked SSR and thinking of adding on here


With the refurbs happening would you avoid SSR in 2020?
Or view it as opportunity in that come 2021 one will have new rooms?


Advice on offering on a contract

I have seen that the average price paid in Feb was $98 on DVC REsales for a contract at SSR
ROFR happened on $97

I have seen a 220 point contract that has 2018 banked points with our use year of June, ie ideal for Next april going for $104
It a foreign seller

Looking at Fidelty they have a few 200 contracts for 92 to $95 with just 2019 points


Should i offer $95 ? or $98 the average? or as it has some 2018 points I have to offer extra ?

Thanks for advice
Hendriks is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
#2
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

 
YorkshireT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 16
Location: God's Own Country
Mobile

Originally Posted by Hendriks View Post
Hello All

Currently at DIsney -- . We added on last year at Copper and used our banked points to come April-- and have a trip booked for Oct as well

Because of the late booking for April ie last Nov when we added on, we couldn't get full availability at CC, and did a split stay at SSR and CC

We really liked SSR and stayed in Paddocks

We know have addonitis as we want to come each April and October

We really liked SSR and thinking of adding on here


With the refurbs happening would you avoid SSR in 2020?
Or view it as opportunity in that come 2021 one will have new rooms?


Advice on offering on a contract

I have seen that the average price paid in Feb was $98 on DVC REsales for a contract at SSR
ROFR happened on $97

I have seen a 220 point contract that has 2018 banked points with our use year of June, ie ideal for Next april going for $104
It a foreign seller

Looking at Fidelty they have a few 200 contracts for 92 to $95 with just 2019 points


Should i offer $95 ? or $98 the average? or as it has some 2018 points I have to offer extra ?

Thanks for advice
Hi Hendrik's

SSR, there's conflicting info on when refurb will start, April, July and December all suggested. I now have a feeling it may start summer, and last a out 2 years.
The only thing I'm not keen on at SSR is the rooms. The new ones look lovely, so definately an 'opportunity'.
Prices at all resorts recently gave depressed very slightly so a good time to buy.
Traditionally it has been better to buy a loaded contract assuming you can rent a point for $14 each, the loaded was more expensive but only by about 6-7 a point. That gap has maybe narrowed now.
I'd consult the ROFR thread on the other board to see what offer levels are getting through and offer towards bottom end.
That is always how I've done it.
__________________
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Endless Summer, Hard Rock, Cruise, Busch
Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
#3
Hendriks
Thread Starter
Proud to wear my Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 16
Thanks Yorkshire T

I could always offer low and then of they refuse offer more?
Hendriks is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 19, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
#4
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

 
YorkshireT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 16
Location: God's Own Country
Mobile

Originally Posted by Hendriks View Post
Thanks Yorkshire T

I could always offer low and then of they refuse offer more?
Of course, go in low, but remember more chance of ROFR. Seems ROFR has not been quite as aggressive recently.
__________________
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Endless Summer, Hard Rock, Cruise, Busch
Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 19, 05:17 AM  
Link to this Post
#5
Jax1970
Imagineer
 
Jax1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 06

Jax1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I think that Disney are looking to buy back December UY SSR contracts currently. I asked about a direct purchase of SSR just a couple of days ago, and apparently they are waitlisting for Dec UY, and I wouldnt be the first on the list.
__________________
Jax1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
One final Osborne lights trip
Reply With Quote
Jax1970 is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Listener
Unread 13 Apr 19, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
#6
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

 
YorkshireT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 16
Location: God's Own Country
Originally Posted by Jax1970 View Post
I think that Disney are looking to buy back December UY SSR contracts currently. I asked about a direct purchase of SSR just a couple of days ago, and apparently they are waitlisting for Dec UY, and I wouldnt be the first on the list.
They always are looking to buy back and have had long for SSR for some time, they did when I was looking last. But theyll only buy back if at the right price. They often dont seem that bothered about selling either, theyd rather keep people hanging on so theyll buy the latest resort at much higher margin.
Out of interest, why go on a waitlist for SSR direct (unless you want minimum points for benefits) when you can buy it now for $50 a point cheaper resale?
__________________
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Endless Summer, Hard Rock, Cruise, Busch
Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 19, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
#7
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

 
Mr Tom Morrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 14
Location: The Tiki Room.

Mr Tom Morrow's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I hasten to add we aren't adding on any more!
However due to this thread I looked at a few resale sites. Some really good contracts out there and quite a few are loaded.
Not a bad time to buy as a small drop has taken place over the last few months.
__________________

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

'Morrow and Morrow. For the people dot com'

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Second Trip Of 2019 - Back To SSR
Reply With Quote
Mr Tom Morrow is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Listener
Unread 13 Apr 19, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
#8
Jasonharry
VIP Dibber

 
Join Date: Aug 17
Mobile

We just paid $106 for a fully loaded contract including banked points from 2018 which we will resell to recoup some of the cost and we dont have available annual leave to use them anyway, even at that ROFR took 35 days and looking at data they took a lot of SSR points back lately.
We may have got through at a lower price point but it is a bit of a gamble and dependant how willing you are to possibly go through ROFR a few times and wait it out.
Jasonharry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Reply
Ocean Florida

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump

Florida Magical Tours

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

theDIBB Menu


US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2788
CaxtonFX  $1.2693
Covent Garden FX  $1.2852
FAIRFX  $1.2700
John Lewis  $1.2822
M&S  $1.2514
Post Office  $1.2616
Sainsburys  $1.2745
TESCO  $1.2774
Travelex  $1.2720
Updated: 18:03 22/04/2019

theDIBB Charities
Cancer Research UK
DIBB Members have Donated: £10,130
£


Macmillan Cancer Support
DIBB Members have Donated: £1,080
£

Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1311
CaxtonFX  €1.1274
Covent Garden FX  €1.1363
FAIRFX  €1.1300
John Lewis  €1.1405
M&S  €1.1106
Post Office  €1.1219
Sainsburys  €1.1325
TESCO  €1.1350
Travelex  €1.1252
Updated: 18:03 22/04/2019

Orlando Weather
Florida Time
Mon 22nd Apr 1:05pm
Now: 26C/79F
Clear Sky
Clear Sky
Cloud Cover: 5%
Wind: 5mph - NE Arrow points to where the wind is coming from.
Pressure: 1022mb
Humidity: 31%
Illuminations Smoke
Updated: 16:59 22/04/2019