Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 15 Apr 19, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaH
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile American girl doll shop

Hi folks,

On our trip to Orlando in October our youngest will be turning 6. For her birthday she wants to go to the American Girl store in the Florida Mall (thanks Youtube! ). Anyway I just would like to
Know anyone’s experience if they’ve been. Apparently they gave a cafe where you can have lunch with your doll 🤨. Any info would be greatly appreciated x
EmmaH is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

THey do you have to reserve it you will need to keep an eye on the web site for booking dates to come available they only release them about 12 weeks in advance currently up to the 13/14 July
E prepared to spend a good few dollars
Don’t for get to sign up for promos and coupons

Edited at 03:30 PM.
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

We went to the one in NYC, yes be prepared to have deep pockets! DD saved her birthday and christmas money for the doll, i promised her a matching outfit, luckily she was happy for just matching tshirts! The add ons are endless, hair dressing, piercings etc! DD just wanted the doll of the year. They are very similar to the our generation dolls here and thos clothes etc fit. We spent a fortune in there!

The cafe was quite expensive, but as werent that hungry they let us have kids meals. The afternoon tea looked nice and wished we had gone for that! You get a free dessert too. Doll sits at your table in a chair and gets own cup and plate. Nice little touches!
Old 16 Apr 19, 04:19 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

I didn't find the café expensive at all especially compared to the prices of the dolls. We went for my daughter's birthday last year despite her being 12 and we all really enjoyed it. They even have dolls you can borrow if you haven't brought one with you. I thought the food was surprisingly good as well.
Old 16 Apr 19, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

My daughter loves her AG dolls, had her first when she was 6 and is now 8 and will soon be buying 3rd doll. We've visited Orlando shop a few times, book cafe on line it's an easy process, afternoon tea was good value. Its not a very big shop but still has plenty of stock. We are visiting the NY shop in Nov, I have never seen a shop like it, its huge,easy to spend a day there ( not that I'd want too).

As others have said it's not cheap but my dd loves them and plays with them all the time, we buy Our Generation accessories for them at home from Smyths also sold in Target in FL a lot cheaper than AG items.
Old 16 Apr 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mightyfraz
Getting Excited

The last time we visited Florida, DD2 was desperate to go and buy a doll. In the end we went a couple of times and ate in the cafe. The dolls and accessories are expensive but you have to put that at the back of your mind as DD2 was over the moon buying one having watched you tube videos before we went. The food in the cafe was good and I didn’t find it expensive, DD2 brought her doll and they gave the doll a seat, DD2 absolutely loved it and when we went to NYC the following years went to American Girl again.
Mightyfraz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm a veteran of 3 years to the shrine of American Girl. DD is an AG addict, along with Our Generation, and the Walmart and Smyths versions. She has a bedroom full of them (mostly the cheaper versions). We have just been to AG in LA where her Wellie Wisher got her ears pierced in the Salon. Always managed to avoid the cafe, although the food looks pretty good.
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaH
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Thanks for all the replies. Sounds like a must (albeit an expensive one! ). The things we do for our little ones 😄
EmmaH is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Nells77
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

My girls are saving money to come to Florida and I’ve said if they want one they can use that 😁 I’ll buy them anything else but if they want to spend that amount of money on a doll they can use their own!
I wonder if when it comes to it they will actually buy one 🤔
Nells77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List