Notices

Old 13 Apr 17, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Lolly90
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by phoebe23 View Post
We stayed 5 nights on Cape Cod in a tiny cottage - lovely Michaels Cottages in Brewster. Took ferry over to Martha's Vineyard for the day - fab!
Sounds great - I'd like to make it over to Martha's Vineyard, but not sure we will have the time!

Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
I will be following your thread.

We have just booked flights to New York and going to be doing a New England Road Trip, so will be interested in where you will be staying.

Happy planning!
Thank you for reading. How exciting, that will be a great trip!

Originally Posted by 16offtodisney! View Post
Ohh , will be following this, i am hoping to go in a few years x
Thanks for reading along. It's a trip I've wanted to do for a while!

Originally Posted by fa$$a View Post
Just subscribed 👍🏻 We will be visiting next September so I'm really intrigued in your trip, it sounds amazing. Can't wait to hear more.
Claire
Thank you for following Hopefully you get some ideas for your trip!
Lolly90 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 17, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Following along. Looks a fantastic trip !
WileyCoyote is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 17, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Will be following along to this
Old 30 Apr 17, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We're staying at the Seafarer in Chatham, I've done a pre trippy and will be trying to do a live trippy while we are there.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 17, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Lolly90
Excited about Disney

What We've Got Planned - Days 1 to 4:

Day 1

We're due to land in Boston around 12:30, so I'm hoping we will have some of the afternoon to do a bit of exploring. We're just going to take a taxi from the airport to the hotel. Our hotel isn't far from the Prudential Center so we'll probably head there for a look around and if the weather is good, I'd like to do the Skywalk Observatory. We'll finish the day with dinner at The Cheesecake Factory!

Day 2

This morning breakfast will be at my favourite place IHOP! We'll go to the one in Cambridge and then spend some time wandering around Harvard University.

We may grab lunch at Shake Shack if we are hungry at this point then head to Boston Common for a look around and a ride on a Swan Boats. The rest of the day will be spent walking the Freedom Trail to Bunker Hill. We have tickets for The Old State House so we will probably look in there on our way along the trail.

Dinner will be at Boston Burger Company and we may head over to Cheers Bar for a drink!

Day 3

We'll grab a quick breakfast this morning, possibly from Flour Bakery before heading to Fenway Park. Unfortunately Boston Red Sox are away when we are in Boston, so we won't be able to see a game. Hopefully we will be able to do a tour of Fenway Park instead this morning. Tickets are released for this 14 days in advance.

We're then going to do the Old Town Trolley Tour. I'd like to get off in Beacon Hill for a wander and Long Wharf. We got a harbour cruise ticket included with our trolley tour so we may do this if we have time. I'd also like to have a look at the Boston Tea Party Ship. We'll finish the day with a bit of shopping along Newbury Street.

No specific plans for dinner tonight, I have a list of recommended restaurants so we will choose from that on the day!

Day 4

Today we will be leaving Boston and heading up the Maine coast to Portland. I knew when I booked that this day would be Labor Day but I didn't realise this would mean all the local car hire places would be closed. So, we're going to have to get a taxi back to the airport to pick up our car. We will be getting a Midsize SUV from Budget. Our first stop will be at Kittery Outlets for some shopping and lunch. The next stop will be York Lighthouse, first of a few lighthouses we will see this trip.

We'd also like to make a stop in Kennebunkport, which looks like a really nice little town for a wander. A visit to H B Provisions is on my list for some Whoopie Pies. Our final stop will be Portland Head Lighthouse.

We'll then check in to our hotel and head for dinner at Flatbread Company.
Lolly90 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 17, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We were staying at the Daniel Webster on Main Street, Sandwich on 4 July a few years ago. We were aware of "crowds" gathering outside so we joined them - Stars & Stripes in our hands.

Not quite the crowds of the other famous Main Street parade I guess but a nice experience anyway.

We also had a wander around Harvard. We caught the subway near MIT to get there.

Mick
Old 5 Jul 17, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Lolly90
Excited about Disney

What We've Got Planned - Days 5 to 8:

Day 5

This morning we're going to spend some time having a general wander around Portland. I'd like to have a walk down Commercial Street and see the Old Port. A donut from Holy Donut and Whoopie Pies from Two Fat Cats are on my list of snacks to try. We may also head down to Eastern Promenade.

Next up will be a bit of shopping at The Maine Mall and lunch at Panda Express. We'll then be on our way to Bar Harbor, which should take around 3 hours. I don't think we'll have time to do anything when we arrive, so it will probably just be a quick dinner from Side Street Café.

Day 6

Today will be a full day exploring Acadia National Park. I have lots planned but we will just fit in what we can. We're going to drive the Park Loop Road, stopping at Sand Beach to hike the Great Head Trailhead, Beehive and the Gorham Mountain Trail.

We may head into Northeast Harbor for a late lunch/early dinner at Colonel's Deli then continue the drive along Park Loop Road. We'll finish the day by heading up Cadillac Mountain.

Day 7

We'll be heading back into Acadia for another full day. We plan on hiring some bikes in the morning and cycling the carriage roads around Eagle Lake.

Next we'll drive to Jordan Pond House for a lunch of popovers, then walk the trail around Jordan Pond and a hike up South Bubble trail. Depending on time we may head into Southwest Harbor before heading back to the hotel.

Day 8

Today we will be leaving Bar Harbor and heading to North Conway. We'd like to head to Schoodic Peninsula, to Schoodic Point & Blueberry Hill before beginning the 4 hour drive to the White Mountains.

After checking into the hotel, we'll head to Settlers Green for some outlet shopping and a quick dinner at somewhere like Applebee's.

Old 10 Jul 17, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Lolly90
Excited about Disney

What We've Got Planned - Days 9 to 13:

Day 9

This morning we're going to drive the Kancamagus Highway to Lincoln. We'll probably make a few stops along the way, including Sabbaday Falls. We're also going to make stops at a few of the covered bridges we want to see while we are here, such as Saco River and Swift River.

The afternoon will be spent exploring Franconia Notch State Park. Flume Gorge, The Basin and Cannon Mountain Aerial Tramway are on our list of things to see/do. We're going to make our way back to North Conway via Crawford Notch Road, which is supposed to be another scenic route.

Dinner will be at Sea Dog Brewing Company, which is just a short walk from our hotel.

Day 10

First stop today will be Cathedral Ledge Lookout, which looks like an amazing view point. Next up will be a short walk to Diana's Baths and then another short hike to Crystal Cascade Falls.

We'll begin the afternoon with a drive to the summit of Mount Washington. This looks a bit scary, with the sharp drops and no barriers. We'll then head back towards North Conway and make a visit to the Conway Scenic Railroad station.

I'm hoping we'll have some time this afternoon/early evening to have a wander around North Conway town, have dinner and take a look in all the little shops etc.

Day 11

Today we'll be leaving New Hampshire and heading to Vermont. We plan on driving part of Route 100, another scenic road, to Weston. We'll take a short stop in this quaint town and visit The Vermont Country Store, for some lunch/snacks.

We'll then continue to Manchester and check-in to our hotel. I'd like to just spend some time seeing the town and taking photos, especially of the First Congregational Church. This to me is what I picture when I think of small towns in New England.

The plan next is the Manchester Designer Outlets, for some more shopping and we'll grab dinner from somewhere nearby.

Day 12

Before leaving Manchester, the plan is to have some breakfast at Up For Breakfast and then drive Skyline Drive, up Equinox Mountain.

We'll then be on our way to Great Barrington, to explore The Berkshires. It will be quite a quiet day, spent generally wandering around Great Barrington, visiting any shops and grabbing some lunch. We may make a stop in Lenox or another of the small towns on the way.

I'm not sure if we will head out to dinner this evening, as we may have a late lunch. There is a cinema and bowling nearby, so that's an option for this evening.

Day 13

Today we'll be leaving Great Barrington and heading to Newport. I'd like to make a stop in Mystic, Connecticut, which comes highly recommended, as this will be our only chance to see this state as we don't have an overnight here. The Seaport area looks like an interesting place for a wander.

Once we arrive in Newport, I'd like to spend some time walking along Thames St, having a look in the shops, side streets and visiting Bowen's Wharf before ending the day with dinner at Smoke House.

Old 21 Jul 17, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Lolly90
Excited about Disney

What We've Got Planned - Days 14 to 17:

Day 14

After breakfast in a nearby IHOP, we're going to head down to Cliff Walk & spend some time walking along here. I'd like to walk to Rough Point & get a view of The Breakers. We'll then head back to the car and drive along Ocean Drive, making a few stops along the way.

We'll grab some lunch in Newport before making our way to Cape Cod. After checking in, we'll head down to Chatham Main Street for a look before getting some dinner. We may go to Chatham Pier Fish Market.

Day 15

We'll probably grab some breakfast in Chatham before heading up to Provincetown for the day. We have booked with Art's Dune Tours, for a 1 hour tour at 10am of the Provincetown sand dunes, which I'm really looking forward to.

Next, we'll spend some time walking up and down Commercial Street. I have a list of things we'd like to see, like MacMillan Pier, Public Library & a couple of food places to visit too. I'd also like to visit the Pilgrim Monument & possibly the Provincetown Museum.

We're then going to spend the rest of the day visiting a couple of the National Seashore Beaches, such as Race Point Beach & Nauset Light Beach. Hopefully we'll catch a sunset at one of the beaches before finishing the day with dinner at Chatham Squire.

Day 16

Today will be our last full day of the trip We're going to head to South Dennis & rent some bikes from Barb's Bike Shop, to cycle the Cape Cod Rail Trail. Hopefully we'll make it to Nickerson State Park in Brewster & spend some time here before heading back.

Next, we'll head back to Chatham for lunch & spend the rest of the day exploring here. Chatham Lighthouse, Lighthouse Beach & Chatham Bars Inn on our list of things to see. We may have another walk along Main Street or head to Oyster Pond to end the day.

We'd like to go somewhere a little nicer for our final dinner; Del Mar Bar & Bistro is on my list.

Day 17

We plan on leaving Cape Cod early today, as I've read traffic on a Sunday can be a bit of nightmare & we need to make it back to Boston for our flight home. Breakfast will be at the IHOP in Hyannis; a great way to end the holiday. We may head to Wrentham Village Outlets on the way, if we feel the need for any more shopping.

Once we're back in Boston, I'd like to park up and spend our last few hours wandering around Boston & possibly have an early dinner at The Cheesecake Factory before heading to the airport. Our flight is at half 7, so we should have time to do this but if not there are plenty of food options at the airport. We're due to land back in London on Monday around 7am.

So, that's all our plans! It's going to be a very busy trip but I think we'll get to see so many different things. Only 42 days to go now, so we're super excited.
Old 23 Jul 17, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Wow - you are soooooo organised.

We are going in 11 days time and apart from our hotels being booked, a couple of things in New York arranged and a few definite things I want to visit on our trip, we have nothing sorted!

I may have to get some ideas from you!
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List