Notices

Old 19 Nov 17, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
The Duchess does Christmas Cocktails at DLP

It doesn’t seem that long that I was finishing my last trip report from DLP (probably because it took me months to get round to it!) but this time next week I will be at the Radisson Blu, Manchester Airport hitting the free bar in the business class lounge

Yes, after what can only be described as the most challenging 6 months of my working life, I have booked some time off and have a trip planned to the most magical place on earth at Christmastime - Disneyland Paris

As I returned last January from my first (almost) solo trip with a new positive outlook on life, this year has been a big turning point for me and I have started to rediscover who I am and have relearned how to be single again - and have discovered that it has a whole lot of benefits, such as being able to plan a Christmas trip to DLP on my terms and without having to consider any other opinions. It’s been a very liberating experience and I’m actually very excited for this trip, looking forward to it in a way that just wasn’t possible back in January

So - plans. As it turns out, I don’t have any, other than to have a whole lot of fun and to try a whole lot of cocktails! I have set myself the challenge of trying a new cocktail each day and reporting back to my fellow Glowtini Girls, Anna and Rachel as the three of us have a post Christmas trip planned - and I can assure you that when I say planned, I really do mean “planned!” We have already had a very lengthy planning session and have each day carefully mapped out, so I figure I can afford to wing it a little on this trip

As i arrive, Christmas will be in full swing at the parks, with lots of extra shows and parades, so these will be my main priorities as these will have finished by the time I go back in January - everything else will be taken at a leisurely pace with lots of hot chocolate breaks along the way. My only must do is a meet with Santa Goofy - I’ve been a good girl all year and I’m hoping for some bling under my tree, so need to get my request in early

I fly out early Monday 27th - ironically this would have been my wedding anniversary, but I’m heading out to help DLP celebrate their’s which seems far more appropriate

I’m staying at the Newport Bay Hotel in a Compass Club room - my usual favourite Sequoia Lodge has no Golden Forest rooms left, so it will be nice to try somewhere new for a change.

I’m there for 4 nights, so have lots of time to chill out (quite literally as it will be freezing weather!) and take in the Christmas atmosphere before I board the Eurostar back home on the 1st - I should arrive home just in time to open my advent calendar!

Trippie will follow - and will be finished much quicker than my last one

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 17, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
plutofan1
Imagineer

Mobile

Looking forward to following
Love compass club at Newport bay
Have a fab time 😊
plutofan1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 17, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

oh fab,lookng foreard to this xx
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 17, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

Have a fabulous time.
Old 20 Nov 17, 02:36 AM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Ooh, I can’t wait to read all about this. You’re going to have such a fabulous time!
Old 20 Nov 17, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Looking forward to reading well done and good for you
You go girl 😊
Old 21 Nov 17, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 101
Eeek! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to hear all about it

Twitter - @rpaisley79 / Instagram - rachelpaisley79

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Click here for my Disneyland Paris Trip Reports
Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 17, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by plutofan1 View Post
Looking forward to following
Love compass club at Newport bay
Have a fab time 😊
Thank you - it’s been a long time since I stayed here, so looking forward to it for a change

Originally Posted by mobeckwith View Post
oh fab,lookng foreard to this xx
Thank you

Originally Posted by Jedi Princess View Post
Have a fabulous time.
Thank you

Originally Posted by hornetgirl View Post
Ooh, I can’t wait to read all about this. You’re going to have such a fabulous time!
I certainly hope so

Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
Looking forward to reading well done and good for you
You go girl 😊
Thank you

Originally Posted by Beaker7929 View Post
Eeek! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to hear all about it
I’ll keep you updated - especially on the cocktails

Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 17, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Last day at work finally over, just got house to clean, hair to dye and packing to do

Old 24 Nov 17, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Have a great trip