Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 3 Dec 18, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Enjoying reading along. Cookie looks good😊
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
I’m seriously thinking about adding a few days on in NYC before or after Disney if we go back after our October trip?

I went with my girlfriends to celebrate our 40ths in 2016 which we really enjoyed and I would really like to go back with my family sometime, as I think tagging it onto a Florida trip would be a good way of doing it.

Enjoying following along.

Kat
It was definitely good tagging NYC onto the beginning of our trip. It was quite full on so we did wind down later in the Orlando holiday!

Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by Minnie Mum View Post
Enjoying reading along. Cookie looks good😊
Thanks, love a cookie!
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Day 3-Saturday 20th October

We were up at 6am and out of the room at 7:40. Went to TOTR to book tickets for later which again was super easy!

We were pretty hungry at this point and wandering round the area we were indecisive and ended up at...

Chick-fil-a

I ordered the Chick-fil-a biscuit meal and Arron the egg white grill meal, both with coffee(there wasn't much choice on a cold morning!).

The coffee was proper black strong stuff and neither of us enjoyed it. But the food was good. I never got my hash browns but the amount we had wad enough.

This was $16.61 altogether and we sat in and then walked out with our coffees.

Arron grabbed a banana for $0.79 from Duane Reade while we waited for the Nintendo store to open.

We walked back to the Rockefeller and got lost!

We eventually refound our way and ordered a white chocolate mocha for $5.72 in the concourse.

Took us 10 minutes plus to find our way out again

From here we went to Central Park for hours!

Popped to one of the stalls for a large water for $3. Walked from 6th Avenue entrance and left the park at Museum of Natural History much later on.

There were food carts on the road along here.

We bought food from Veli's food truck. Arron fancied a hotdogand I only wanted fries.

This was $10, the fries were exactly what I wanted! We quite enjoyed the NYC street food as such.

It also filled a hole until dinner...well kind of

We managed to skip a huge queue with our Explorer passes in the Museum of Natural History and perused the floors for a couple of hours.

At this point we made the amazing decision to go and get a cookie.

Levain

My cousin kept recommending these cookies and it was only a few streets away.

When we got there, there was a queue! So we waited for around 10 minutes as it is a teeny tiny bakery.

I ordered a chocolate chip walnut and a chocolate peanut butter which was $8 for both.

The stuff dreams are made of. These are verging on rock cake thickness but the inside is warm with melting chocolate and cookie dough.
Honestly, just so nice.

We went via the Lincoln Centre to Buffalo Wild wings but it was busy, so stopped for a drink in TGI Fridays.

Arron got a Sam Adams Oktoberfest and me a tropical raspberry tea.

It was really odd in there as it was an old school bar so didn't seem very 'TGIs'. It was $20 with tip and headed to TOTR from here.

It was bloody freezing at the top and we watched the sunset before heading for dinner.

Schnippers

This place was round the corner from our hotel and we walked past ALOT. But looking at the menu we decided it was worth a go.

So you queue to order, get a buzzer and they bring it to your table.

From the 'special menu' Arron ordered the Tuna melt and a Corona and I ordered the Mac and Joe with the peach melba shake

As is seen here it was $36.75

Arron loved the tuna, he said it was simple but really fresh and full of tuna.

My Mac and Joe was ace. It is basically mac cheese with sloppy Joe on top. I make a good Joe at home and this was realy grat comfort food.
The shake was also delicious, what could go wrong with peach and raspberry?!?

This was a great meal and reasonably priced too. Yum.

After dinner we did go to Duane Reade where we spent $4.30 on strawberry & kiwi snapple and orangeade snapple.

And we ate the other cookie and M & Ms.

And we went to bed at 9:30.
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

What a fab day, you weren't lying about the cookie the other day! Those look amazing, I'm so jealous! Another fab day off food (and drinks ) xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

I am so sorry for the delay on updates I've been busy with work and Xmas!

Day 4-Sunday 21st October

We both woke up at 5am and chilled before finishing packing everything up. We were out before 8am and headed to Duane Reade to grab suncream and a few bits.

We wanted breakfast so loitered until the restaurant opened.

Hard Rock Cafe

We were the first people in for breakfast, we headed down the stairs and were seated really near the buffet.

This was most of the selection apart from some pastries, the waffle was mine and pancake was Arron's and these were cooked to order. The waffle was huge so I couldn't finish it.
Loved the fruit cups though!

It was nice in there and got busier after we sat down, they still played music videos even at 8am!

We paid $50 with tip and left just before 9am. It was pricey but we ate a lot!

After this we popped in a couple of shops before going back to the room. We checked out and walked to Port Authority to get the airport shuttle bus.

We got to the airport at 11:30 for our 3:30 flight

BRKLYN Beer Garden

At the airport after check in we sat here in Terminal 3. We had to order using IPads and swiping our cards(which we couldn't seem to do ha). Arron got a Bud Light and I got the blueberry rooibos tea.

We paid $17 for the two, no photos of the beer...

The tea was horrid! I was disappointed as it really dried my mouth out and tasted really grassy

We sat elsewhere at 1pm and I went to grab snacks.

Snack

I paid $10 for a mocha and a doughnut.

This was all fine, I should've got a fancier doughnut but oh well!

Arron grabbed a banana and a Clif flapjack for $8ish.

He was glad he had something less sweet and unhealthy!

We boarded the plane around 2:50 and took off at 4pm! The flight only took 2 hours and 7 minutes thankfully.

Plane snacks were just a mix of crisps, but it was nice to have a snack on the flight.

We got off the flight, straight on the monorail and our luggage was already waiting!
So our Magical Express was on the way to Pop at 7:15.

Off the bus before 8 and we were in Building 10, Room 148 which was a ground floor corner room

We hopped on the Disney Springs bus at 8:20.

Blaze pizza

Starting with QSDP tonight, we went over to Blaze from the bus stop. Arron got a spicy base with bacon, chicken, jalapenos, olives, onions and peppers with a Yuengling beer and I got the BBQ chicken with pineapple and the Passion agua fresca.
Used 2 QS credits but it would've been $35 otherwise.

The pizzas were ace, Arron loved his completely! My only issue was because mine was white based it was a tad too cheesy/creamy for me but otherwise good.

After eating we wandered around DS until hopping on the bus at 10:30.

I picked up our refill mugs and Arron bought milk before heading back to the room and going to bed at 11:20.
Old 13 Dec 18, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Wow that buffet looks immense! So many choices.

The blaze pizzas look lovely, love how quick the journey and transfers were. Looking forward to the next update xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 18, 02:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Skittl1321
Getting Excited

Mobile

Really enjoying reading along.
I have a quick new York trip in March. I think Levian will have to go on my list.

I love Blaze pizza. Such a good idea.
Skittl1321 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 18, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Wow that buffet looks immense! So many choices.

The blaze pizzas look lovely, love how quick the journey and transfers were. Looking forward to the next update xx
Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
Really enjoying reading along.
I have a quick new York trip in March. I think Levian will have to go on my list.

I love Blaze pizza. Such a good idea.
Blaze is a great idea! And the actual process was so easy too.

The buffet was really good! As I said, the fruit cups were stellar.

And yes definitely go to Levain, there are 2 in a similar area and the cookies are
Old 27 Dec 18, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

So sorry for the MEGA delay. I had a really busy time at work, then went to see my family before Xmas, did Xmas in Brighton afterwards...and relax.

I'll attempt to put up a few days from now!

Day 5-Monday 22nd October

The day started at 6:15, the fridge was bright and noisy so I didn't sleep amazingly.

We headed out at 7:25 and were into MK at 8am, so we had lots of photos taken on our way through.

Be Our Guest

We got to the podium and checked in but the lady mentioned that we needed to order. We got inside and re-placed our order.

I was Beauty and the Beast themed today too. And the order assistant said she loved it which was nice!

I ordered the croissant doughnut with cocoa and Arron the meat and cheese with milk.

We sat in the Rose Gallery, my food was really nice but lukewarm and the cocoa wasn't hot enough either! Arron enjoyed his too. The pastries meant we had more than enough food too.

We used our QS credits here and it would've cost $56 otherwise. We left at 9:15.

We did rides until 11ish when Arron got a banana and a bottle of water for $6(outrageous!) and then we went to get $100 onto a giftcard for Food and Wine.

We stayed at MK until 1:30 where we travelled across to Epcot.

Food and Wine

We went over to Light Lab at 2:45 and decided to grab the RGB Flight.

These were cherry, blueberry and kiwi and were $9.50 on our recently purchased giftcard!

The cherry was nicest, kiwi was a bit wishy washy. But this was a nice shared start to F & W.

We next went to Flavors of Fire where Arron got the charred Chimichurri skirt steak and used a snack credit, it would'be been $7.25.

He thought it was really flavourful and enjoyed it.

Mexico was next where Arron grabbed the extra fancy Margarita for $12.25. And i'm sure you know by now, that he loved it.

I like the Coco exhibit a lot!

We were into Norway and Arron decided at the last minute to order the Einstok and he chose the toasted port version for $9.50 on debit card.

This was quite nice, I have found an appreciation for porters recently though

I decided I would like a drink and we were in China so I got the Tipsy Ducks in Love!

This was $11.19 on the gift card and it was so nice!

Arron was a tad jealous of my drink. It was creamy, coffee, chocolate and yum!

We walked through a couple of countries before needing further refreshment in Italy.

We ordered the Margarita made with limoncello here for $10.

I don't usually like Margaritas but it was smoother than normal because of the limoncello. We sat on the bridge enjoying this.

Next up was The American Adventure at 5pm. Arron grabbed a Reg stag lemonade and I got the lobster roll. $12 for the drink and snack credit on the food!

The lobster was delicious and the drink was much nicer than I remembered! While we were here Kenny G started playing. I have no idea who he is

We went through to Japan and noseyed around the shop before I got the teriyaki bun using a snack credit.

Arron wasn't keen on this but I love teriyaki so ate it all

He got a sake on the giftcard...

I left him to drink it as it was strong!

We wandered through the Rose and Crown, its a weird concept to me as they do all the strange concoctions that you don't even see here!

Ireland was up next and Arron really wanted to try the sausages, and used a snack credit.

He declared these his favourite thing he had tried at the festival so was very happy!

Arron took some photos of a lovely duck in Canada.

I was ordering the cheddar cheese soup at this point and used credit card for $5

This was so thick and cheesy, much more like a sauce than a soup. We shared and I was glad we had!

This was the end of our F & W, we went to ride Soarin' next and left Epcot at 8pm.

Pop

We filledc our mugs with cocoa/tea and I bought the deluxe brownie on my Amex.

Only ate a bit of it tonight but it was very chocolatey!

In bed by 10pm.
Old 30 Dec 18, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

...And another day appears.

Day 6-Tuesday 23rd October

I woke up at 6am, waited for a little bit and then wandered down to the food court to fill our mugs with tea.

We were off to Hollywood Studios, called an Uber as the bus queue was so long! Slinky already had a 60 minute queue before 9am

We rode ToT x 3 then TSM and were off at 10:15.

Woody's Lunchbox

We mobile ordered using our QS before riding Toy Story Mania then went to collect afterwards! I ordered the turkey breakfast sandwich and a water, Arron ordered the breakfast bowl and a Bud

Arron regretted getting the beer , both choices had quite a bit of egg in them and were quite substantial portions so we possibly could've shared.
I liked mine but it got a bit samey.

We rode ToT, RnR and Star Tours followed by Muppets.

Baseline Tap

After seeing it elsewhere, we popped into Baseline Tap for a drink. Arron ordered the 22oz Golden Road beer and I ordered the 16oz Bloody orange Ace cider. These were $21.34 on the giftcard.

We really liked it in here, they were playing good music and it was relatively quiet with a more adult atmosphere.

I also thought my cider was fruity and an easy drinker.

We left HS just after 2pm, it was hot today! We were stood at the bus stop for a little while.

Got into MK at 2:45 and went on a few rides before going to pick up our wristbands, map and starter pack for MNSSHP.

Now we had that sorted, we mobile ordered and decided to ea at 4:30.

Peco's Bill

I had the Southwest salad with chicken, Arron had the combo fajitas and we both got strawberry lemonades with 2 QS credits.

I love the salad in here, even without the toppings! There was loads of different textures and I am a big sweetcorn fan.

Arron said his was too filling and he was a bit jealous of mine! We both left some of our drinks as they were a tad sweet.

We spent the evening collecting sweets and doing rides, as is demonstrated in the below photo of sweets!

We did special Space Mountain which was really cool/weird!

At 8:45 I went to Storybook Treats to get the Maleficent ice cream, which was lime, dark chocolate and sprinkles.

I really liked the lime, but lime is my favourite citrus and the horns were really good and chocolatey.

We did the Haunted Mansion photopasses and got a space for the late parade whered we snacked on some of our treats.

We left straight after and got in at 12:15, here are our hauls...