Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 27 Dec 18, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
Mistakes happen. They tried to sort it - for free. TBH., I think they seemed to do a reasonable job.
Life doesn't always go as planned.

Sorry this is a contrary view but we all make mistakes.
I understand they might run into problems, supplying certain items, but the point really is, they should have informed us, that there was an issue before we went to collect our order. This would have given us more of an opportunity to replace the missing turkey crown. I put my order in as good faith, so expect to be informed of any issues in good time, rather than a day before Christmas leaving me running round at the last few hours trying to get a Turkey Crown.. x
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 18, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We had our order cancelled by M&as, apparently the day we ordered no payments went through, they handled that really badly so we decided to go to Waitrose instead, having read this thread I’m so pleased we did. It sounds like they handled the problems badly.
Nicksgirl I would definitely complain to them they should have made you aware before you went to collect.
emmabanana is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 18, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by emmabanana View Post
We had our order cancelled by M&as, apparently the day we ordered no payments went through, they handled that really badly so we decided to go to Waitrose instead, having read this thread I’m so pleased we did. It sounds like they handled the problems badly.
Nicksgirl I would definitely complain to them they should have made you aware before you went to collect.
Agree Em. xx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 18, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by emmabanana View Post
I do agree, it’s how it is handled. Waitrose kept in contact when our order went awry and more than compensated us. If I’ve learnt anything, it’s that I’d arrange my online delivery for the 22nd to allow us to remedy any problems before Christmas Day.
Posiesmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

I'm totally late to this party but same thing happened to us, we were having an early christmas lunch with family and i'd ordered the turkey for 10-12 people. Girl came out holding a tiny turkey crown and said our turkey hadn't been delivered and they'd put this with it instead but she didn't know why as it was far to small.

She spoke to her manager who told her to take me down to the food hall and i could have whatever i wanted for free. Didn't have a turkey big enough and suggested taking the largest turkey she could find plus something else (ham or stuffed roll thing), i just wanted turkey so i said 2 6 person turkeys would work and she said yip it's your's just pick them.

Was actually super impressed but looks like that was just the girls in our store looking at the substitution and thinking well that's a stupid idea and sorting it for the customers. Plus getting the whole thing for free was pretty good although a rather costly mistake for them as she mentioned it had happened to another customer as well.
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gtyrel10 View Post
I'm totally late to this party but same thing happened to us, we were having an early christmas lunch with family and i'd ordered the turkey for 10-12 people. Girl came out holding a tiny turkey crown and said our turkey hadn't been delivered and they'd put this with it instead but she didn't know why as it was far to small.

She spoke to her manager who told her to take me down to the food hall and i could have whatever i wanted for free. Didn't have a turkey big enough and suggested taking the largest turkey she could find plus something else (ham or stuffed roll thing), i just wanted turkey so i said 2 6 person turkeys would work and she said yip it's your's just pick them.

Was actually super impressed but looks like that was just the girls in our store looking at the substitution and thinking well that's a stupid idea and sorting it for the customers. Plus getting the whole thing for free was pretty good although a rather costly mistake for them as she mentioned it had happened to another customer as well.
We spent Christmas in Devon and I ordered some bits and picked the worst shop (in DH opinion) to collect them from as I didn't know the area So we had to go into the centre of Exeter on the 23rd December having driven past a food only store on the way in

No queue, offered a chocolate when the assistant ticked us off his list. Very nice girl gave me our few things and I paid the balance. Discovered when we got home that they hadn't charged us for the chocolate gateau thing - £15! I do remember her chatting away about how she used to make them at school and I guess she forgot to scan it - thank you M&S.

I do agree with others that the veg etc isn't as good as it used to be. I no longer order the roasties or veg packs as the last time I did, it was bendy dried looking carrot sticks and the potatoes tasted really weird. Desserts are still good though as was the red cabbage and gravy!