Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 29 Dec 18, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My favourite present: our holiday to Florida in April (which DH has told me is my birthday & Xmas present for the next 10 years, 😂 ). Also my lovely perfume from my sis (La vie est Belle).
DS - loves his exercise bike (his choice btw - he’s a complete fitness freak - doesn’t get it from me! Although I might borrow it for 10 mins a day to tone up before we go on holiday!).
DD (12) In love with her Pandora bracelet & Lilo/Stitch charm.
DD (10) Very very happy with her laptop!
DD(7) loves her ‘Our Generation’ ice cream van.

Other hits were slime kits, ROBLOX gaming cards, oh and the dollars which all my kids got ($100 each).

The only disappointment was my DS who opened some Calvin Klein pants I’d got for him (cost a fortune), and said “I’ve got some already “ (admittedly he has - which he had previously bought himself- but as he only had 3 pairs of them I thought I’d get him some more! I think he’d rather I’d got him a football shirt for the local team he supports (in addition to supporting Arsenal!).
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 18, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

I think DS’s favourite present was a Bowtruckle I popped into the top of his stocking!

OH got him some trainers that I knew he’d not like and I was right! Those have gone back
Otherwise it was all fairly successful

Edited at 12:08 AM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 18, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Hels80
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by JLH View Post
I got my youngest tickets to see Post Malone (he had asked but I said they sold out ), I was expecting some sort of bigger reaction , we did a worded clue but he was very blasé about it However as soon as he opened it he was on his phone texting his girlfriend that he got a ticket and every day since then he keeps bringing it up in every conversation that he's going to see Post Malone, so I guess that was the winner ! where did you get the scratchcard that sounds like a good idea.
Ahhh these teens like to stay cool. Got it off the not on the high street website.
Best Western I drive 1997, Regal Palms 2009, Wedding at Beuna Vista Palace 04/08/09, Coco Key 2010, Art of Animation, RPR Universal, Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014, RPR & Disney's Swan 2017, Rosen Inn @ Pointe, Hard Rock Hotel, Port Orleans French 2018.

DLP: :
Best Western MLV 2007, Hotel Cheyenne 2008, Sequoia Lodge 2010, Dream Castle 2011, Kyriad MLV Torcy 2012, Hotel El'ysee 2012, Hotel Cheyenne 2013, Sequoia Lodge 2015.
Hels80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 18, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
chippyminton
slightly serious Dibber

DS1 - a big snuggly fleece dressing gown
DS2 - gaming controllers that he’d asked for, the surprise was the limited edition colour I managed to get
DD - tracked down the trainers she was after.
chippyminton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 18, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

All goods with an apple logo on were hit with my four, anything non electrical was a miss 🙄
Old 30 Dec 18, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post

DH loved his programmable smart light bulbs - my bedroom and lounge have turned into a Disco, and he's now 'creating something' with his raspberry pi in order to do more with them.

My Mum is in love with her Echo Dot, her and Alexa have become BFF's and apparently 'have a chat' in the mornings..

No real misses.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 18, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I got a sonos speaker for the kitchen, didn't want Alexa but it came with it and I now love it!

Girls (16) both got Iphone 8's. They have put up with the same cheap phones since they were 12 and had been told we'd never get them iphones so they were surprised.

Miss was probably the chocolates my Mum bought me, she had a radiator leak on Christmas Eve morning and some presents got wet. She gave me the chocolates but they were contaminated with the radiator liquid so had to throw them away!
Old 30 Dec 18, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

DD18 loved a Skinny Dip backpack I bought her (which I was thrilled that she liked it as I can rarely choose clothing she likes) She also liked a little gold-coloured sun necklace also from Skinny Dip.

She laughed at my homemade cardboard laptop with iou a laptop for university written on the screen (going to buy it nearer to her leaving for uni)

Only fail was a Disney Stitch sweatshirt from Primark which she liked but didn’t like it when she tried it on, but that can be exchanged.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 18, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
not2old4disney
slightly serious Dibber

Almost everything was a hit here with only one miss really! DD is delighted with her backstreet boys world tour tickets, DS1 very happy with his computer games, superdry gear and pop vinyls, DS2 delighted with his upgraded phone and all are delighted with their echo dots!

The one miss was that we'd got DS2 colour changing LED lights for his room (a 5m length of them thinking he'd want it up round his shelves or something) he always fiddles about with the lights DS1 has in his room so thought we were onto a winner - turns out he wanted the ones that backlight the tv - made worse by the fact that we bought those ones for his sister easily fixed though! Thankfully they weren't expensive and very thankful for the great timing of an offer for free 30 day amazon prime trial that allowed me to get same day delivery for the right ones which are now being very happily used!
not2old4disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 18, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Had to look impressed by one of my DHs gifts... thankfully far more restrained than previous years... but bot sure what possessed him to buy me a toaster egg cooker thing, he said he thought it would come in handy:
We already have a perfectly good toaster and pans plus various egg poachers, boilers and omelette makers that we never use...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List