Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 9 Feb 19, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Day 7 - mini golf while dad played real golf, lunch at goods to go and trails end dinner

Dad was playing golf today with his friend from home who spends several months a year in Florida (not jealous at all!) I dropped him off at 7am (yes that did mean I was up at 6.30 &#128584 came back to the room and went back to bed for an hour or so, early mornings starting to catch up!

We then had breakfast in the room, and for a change I have a photo! I had strawberry eggo waffles bought during our shop, I love these, ate them out on the patio watching the golfers

We then decided to play a round of mini golf so headed off to winter summer land, it was HOT!

Headed back to the room around 12 as dad had called to say he’d been dropped off and decided we would head to the pool for a couple of hours as it was so warm and just grabbed a light lunch from goods to go as I needed room for trails end later 😉

I’m sure Dad and Pete has burgers but I don’t have a photo, let’s be honest it’s a standard Disney burger. Mum and I had the tuna sandwich with home made chips, I love these they’re the best of what’s a pretty poor range of options at goods to go let’s be honest! I also treated myself to a beer 😁 and we took our refillable mugs. We made a lot of use from these this time as we were so close to hospitality house.

Beer

Tuna sandwich - yum I did remove some of the onions as there were a LOT on this.

Having enjoyed our leisurely afternoon at the pool we headed back to the room and showered and dressed ready to head to trails end, we took the bus to MK and then the boat to fort wilderness as this always works out the quickest in my experience and we were heading into MK for a few hours after. Now let’s be honest buffet pictures aren’t ever the best but I will include a few here, I had one of the restaurants speciality cocktails which was a apple

moonshine I think? Note fail there. We really enjoy trails end and I think it’s a good value meal even if you’re not on the dining plan.

Cocktail

General food pics

Gummy bears totally a healthy dessert 😉

We then headed back to MK via the boat and spent a couple of hours in the park before we headed back to the resort 😁

Edited at 10:15 AM.
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Mobile

Garden grill is one we will definitely do again, possibly every time if we have ddp it was fab! We too prefer citricos to narcoossees

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
You are taunting me with the Garden Grill breakfast, I really want to go back. That mountain of tater tots in your photo is just begging me to dig in.

A pity about the slow service at Yak and Yeti, all of the food looks great though.

We are big Olivia’s fans, we ate there numerous times we stayed at OKW and have returned for future visits even when we’ve stayed elsewhere. Your salmon looks beautiful and I can confirm that the fried chicken is very good.

Citricos looks fabulous, especially the desserts. We really loved our meal there, and I’d say we prefer it to Narcoossee’s. I feels a little more special, and I think actually eating in the main building really adds to the experience,

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Mobile

Day 8 - cape May cafe breakfast, and basically nothing else 🙈

Today turned out to be a bit of a weird one to say the least! We had breakfast at cape May at 9.30 which is a favourite of ours, definitely one of the better breakfast character buffets in my opinion and one I recommend, there are always some good veggie options here and smoked salmon which I love

And this is where it falls apart lol! We headed into Hollywood studios for the day and time got away from us, my parents headed back to the resort after the fastpasses as it was really warm again and dad had ridden rock n rollercoaster with us and felt a bit rough, oops!

Pete and I had a couple of cream cheese pretzels around 5ish? Which I apparently didn’t take a photo of and then we were so busy hitting rides with shortish queue times (45 mins standby for slinky dog dash and 15 for toy story mania) that we didn’t eat anything else 😂

We must have popped to goods to go when we got back to the resort as I do have a photo of some beers but no record of food 😂 Epcot tomorrow and I promise I do better for photos 😆

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
Old 9 Feb 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Mobile

Day 9 - Epcot

Today was our second and final day of the trip at Epcot as we’d planned them for before food and wine finished at the weekend.

We had a bit of breakfast in the room, more eggo waffles and coffee from the coffee maker in room. Before we headed to Epcot. We had another wine tasting booked today 😁

Disclaimer before we start I absolutely don’t have photos of everything we ate. I know for a fact we ate scallops which I have no photo of, and I think we repeated some of the food from the first food and wine day. It was at least a bit quieter today but it was 32c again! Not what you want for a proper food consumption day 😉

So we started the day with Starbucks and I totally don’t have photos but know dad and I had Frappuccino’s (java chip and strawberry and cream) and mom had an iced coffee.

We must have been thirsty because we followed this up with a visit to the light lab. 😂 this was entertaining but the drinks were Uber sweet even for me and I totally have a sweet tooth, not bad for a couple of snack credits, still sad the flask drink had gone before we got there

We then did a couple of fastpasses (love the new frozen ride) before heading to the festival centre for our second wine tasting, this time Argentinian wines. I can’t recommend these enough, they’re not very expensive, quite interesting and you get 3 pours of wine to try and info about them. Bit of a fail as I didn’t photograph the wine, but here’s a couple of photos about the vineyard.

Obviously I didn’t feel I’d had too much wine at this point because I followed this up with some Disney wine from the Silverado winery, Chardonnay I think?

We then headed out for the main task of the day food consumption 😁 snack credits were used on the following

Scampi dip (not sure this was the full name) this was yummy and garlicky mom wasn’t impressed by the smell lol, I’d eat it again tho it was a decent portion for something so rich

Pete had the snails in a croissant 😉 he loves these, weirdo

At some point before this we had food in Canada which I don’t have photos of, I think this is because we were perched on a wall in the shade trying not to succumb to the heat! Pete had the sausage, dad had the beef and I had the cheese dip which was almost soup like from Ireland

Next I had the Brazilian moqueca seafood stew, this was so good I had another later 😂

I also had the hummus fries in Morocco which were really spicy but delightful 😁 we then went back to USA and had more lobster rolls, definitely a top pick for us.

We must have gone to do some rides next, and I remember us getting slushes in Italy (no photo lol) but I think we tapped out on food for a while because it was soooo hot!

We then headed to sunshine seasons as mom was hungry, as a diabetic that doesn’t eat garlic there aren’t a lot of choices at the food booths. She got a sandwich which I don’t have a photo of and I had the peanut butter and jelly cupcake, which looks fab but didn’t taste great I’m afraid, it was clammy and far too sweet 🙄 live and learn I suppose, picture as it was pretty

In another fail I know for a fact we had dole whips with rum while we watched illuminations and Pete had a brisket poutine? All great but you guessed it no photos!

And that was Epcot eating done for the trip! I maintain that food and wine and the ddp are a match made in heaven while the majority of food items are a snack credit. Can’t beat it 😁

Old 9 Feb 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Totally agree about the DDP being perfect for Food & Wine, I don't think we'd try nearly as much OOP.

You've reminded me how much we love Trail's End dinner, it's just perfect for us.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Totally agree about the DDP being perfect for Food & Wine, I don't think we'd try nearly as much OOP.

You've reminded me how much we love Trail's End dinner, it's just perfect for us.
No us either it would cost a fortune! We must have used 20 or so snack credits at food and wine.

Love trails end it’s definitely a hidden gem in my opinion and I would pay for it even off plan.

Old 9 Feb 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Trails End buffet is supposed to be great value when paying OOP, or so I've read, we've never made it over there. But I'm sure I've seen that the kitchen is shared with Hoop dee doo so it's the same kitchen cooking the food for both restaurants. It sure looks good in your photos and is one I'll have to add to my list for some day...

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Trails End is great for a picnic lunch too - you can get a massive pile of chicken pieces, bread, potato salad etc for a bargainous price and eat it on the beach.
Old 16 Feb 19, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Great photos. Thanks for posting. Getting me in the mood for next month!
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 19, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Great photos, really enjoyed reading your food trip. Trails End is my favourite, I can't get enough of the corn bread with honey butter and the salmon, amazing!

Thanks for sharing.