Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 12 Mar 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Oo lovely, following.
My first time at CBR this November on QSDP looking forward to some resort pics too and some advice on where to request a room
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

Also following with interest as we are QSDP at CBR in July. We did QSDP at POFQ a last time we went and we found lots that we liked to eat in the Food Court there but I'm not sure we will be as lucky at CBR. Hopefully, your blog will convince me that we won't starve. (Well, I won't starve because I like my food too much but DD may struggle a bit.)
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Fab start looking forward to reading along
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Thanks for sharing!
Last time we had QSDP was late 2016 and I've been out of the loop since then so need to get back up to speed with it all as we go in June , again with QSDP, (will pay OOP for any TS )

Enjoy your holiday! Not at all jealous!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Fab start! Love a live report.

Interested to hear how you find doing it as I also plan to do a live food report of our September/October trip. 😊

Hope you have an amazing time!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Diz
Apprentice Imagineer

Great start well done will be following as we are on QSDP for the start of our trip this summer for the first time
Diz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsWturns30
Trying for More Ears

Day 2 - Magic Kingdom

Hey all!

Thanks for following along and the positive feedback so far!

Today was MK day (part 1 - we are back again next week for DHs birthday!)

Taking full advantage of the jet lag situation I had booked us an 8.15 reservation at Be Our Guest, we hopped on the bus at about 7ish (having been awake since 4.30) and headed to MK. We arrived about 7.25/30 along with all the other hoards of breakfasters, but it was a pretty smooth entry to the park & we got some fab photo pass pics in front of liberty station and Cinderella’s castle without crowds of people.

I had pre-ordered our breakfasts on the mydisneyexperience website - you can do this a month in advance, this made for a pretty smooth check in at BoG and allowed us to get on fairly swiftly and get a table in the ballroom. The cast member did check that we didn’t want to make any changes to our pre-order. Breakfast and lunch at BoG are QS credits. So for 4 meal credits we had

Kids pancakes, served with yoghurt, fruit and the pink stuff is some kind of berry foam.

Kids cereals (it was rice crispies - there was no choice on this) with fruit

DH and I both had ‘feast a la gaston’ - bacon, sausage, potato, scrambled egg & fruit

The were also some pastries included too

Was it worth it?! - well I think if I’d have paid out of pocket (would have been nearly $100) I’d have been sorely disappointed... it’s a lot of money for not a great deal of stuff, but for the experience of eating in the Beasts castle & getting early entry to the park meaning some fab family photos without the crowds - I’m pleased we went.

Having a big breakfast kind of threw off meal/eating schedules for the day!

Next on the food hit list were a massive Mickey cookie and a bag of blue raspberry candy floss from the big top shop near the dumbo elephants/barnstormer x 2 snack credits

you can see that biscuit is bigger than Jimbo’s face! Both of those snacks were all day family efforts.

The kids then shared a foot long hotdog from Casey’s corner with fries and a bottle of water. Although they just have it plain (one will have ketchup) they both really enjoyed it and said it was the juiciest hotdog they’d ever eaten x 1 meal credit

DH and I weren’t hugely hungry yet so I had an Orange Cream Float - Fanta served with a vanilla soft serve & orange sorbet mix. It was pretty refreshing, Eve wasn’t so keen, it is a bit tart.

When we were finally hungry DH and I decided to also have a Caseys, both of us opting for the foot long with Mac n cheese and bacon with fries and a drink - I mobile ordered this - it was ready in less than 10mins and I skipped a huge queue! These were bloomin’ lovely, my hot dog itch is scratched!

Later on in the day Jimbo wanted popcorn - he didn’t like it. Too salty

And Eve had a cookie sundae from next door to Friars Nook... it took 3 of us to finish it!

We were staring to flag again at this point (lasted until 5pm today) so headed back to resort, the kids have had a bowl of cereal before bed and I’m still full from the hotdog!

Total used today -

7 meal credits
5 snack credits
My smart watch is telling lies today and only saying I’ve done 11000 steps but Jimbos kiddy garmin hit 21000 steps and DH was at 15500 so I reckon I probably fell somewhere in between!

Tomorrow we’ve given ourselves a down day following advice from Dibbers, we may hit Blizzard beach for the morning, Jimbo wants to play crazy golf so Eve and I may explore Disney springs, we are being quite fluid about tomorrow’s plans so I’ve no idea where our food travels will take us!

Catch you all tomorrow!

MrsWturns30 x

Edited at 12:39 AM.
MrsWturns30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsWturns30
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney Nanny View Post
Oo lovely, following.
My first time at CBR this November on QSDP looking forward to some resort pics too and some advice on where to request a room
Re: room request

We are in a preferred room (was the only ones available when I booked) so are in Barbados (it’s the island next to OPR) it’s handy being closer to the main area as that’s where the big pool is, but to be fair even the 2 islands over the other side of the lake aren’t that far a walk away - these 2 islands (I can’t think of their names) are the ones that will have the skyliner overhead.
MrsWturns30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsWturns30
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
Fab start! Love a live report.

Interested to hear how you find doing it as I also plan to do a live food report of our September/October trip. 😊

Hope you have an amazing time!
I’m really enjoying doing the report! Having the dining plan has meant that the food has been a big part of the build up for me as it’s ‘new’ - when we’ve visited Disney before we generally just bought a pack lunch!

My memory these days is pretty terrible (I blame the kids) so by picture taking and documenting I’ve got a journal to help me remember when I’m home and dreaming of Disney again!

To be fair the kids are really getting into it too, they won’t let daddy eat anything until a picture has been taken! It’s also giving me something to do when the kids are asleep of an evening - id only usually be wasting time on Facebook anyway.
Old 13 Mar 19, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Another good day. I agree about breakfast at BOG - great value on the dining plan, but not so great if paying oop. Do you have lunch booked at all? That's one of our favourites.
Looking forward to seeing where you end up on your down day. Wolfgang Puck Express, Blaze, D-Luxe and Polite Pig are all great QS places at Disney Springs if you end up there

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List