Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 16 Mar 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
hawdanoost
Proud to wear my Ears

Charging devices

In these days of multiple devices I have been checking various sites for info on charging at the sequoia lodge. On a couple of sites it has been said that you can’t charge overnight! One site said that when the main lights went off the charging stopped! Is this correct? We have always stayed at the Cheyenne before and I have never noticed this happening before. Thanks.
hawdanoost is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

We always leave our phones etc on charge over night at the Sequoia. If your room has to have a card in slot for electricity then as long as you have one in then there power is to the room even with no lights on.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

That's definitely not right. As the previous poster says as long as you put a card in the slot to trigger the electricity then you will be able to continue to charge at any time.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 101
Top tip! Take a UK multi plug with you as Sequoia Lodge rooms don't have many plug sockets (not like the newly refurbished Cheyenne which has European, UK and USB sockets!)

I take a 4 way plug and plug it in under the telly using an adaptor and hey presto I have 4 UK plug sockets to plug into

Twitter - @rpaisley79 / Instagram - rachelpaisley79

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Click here for my Disneyland Paris Trip Reports
Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beaker7929 View Post
Top tip! Take a UK multi plug with you as Sequoia Lodge rooms don't have many plug sockets (not like the newly refurbished Cheyenne which has European, UK and USB sockets!)

I take a 4 way plug and plug it in under the telly using an adaptor and hey presto I have 4 UK plug sockets to plug into
That's what we do too - it's so nice to be able to charge everything in one go and the fact that it has a long cable so you can sit on the bed with your hairdryer!
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
hawdanoost
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks everyone. I usually take an extension with me after reading about it here a few years ago. Great tip.
hawdanoost is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Just a tip if you can buy one or a couple of these you can charger 2 usbs off one plug

cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 101
Originally Posted by cartoonp View Post
Just a tip if you can buy one or a couple of these you can charger 2 usbs off one plug

Ooh now they look good! And take up much less packing space than a 4-way adaptor

Twitter - @rpaisley79 / Instagram - rachelpaisley79

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Click here for my Disneyland Paris Trip Reports
Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Beaker7929 View Post
Ooh now they look good! And take up much less packing space than a 4-way adaptor
only 2 or 5 pound I check see if they got any more
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I have one with 3 spaces for usb, got it on Amazon. Most say that once more are plugged in that it doesn't charge as quickly. I also have little battery chargers. I have 2 smaller ones, one that charges nearly a whole phone 🙄, one does one whole and a half charge, and I just got one that has charged my phone 4 times and the kindle fire once all on one charge of the actual pack. Can get them on Amazon and they're handy if you're planning on using your phone for a lot of photos during the day. Xx
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List