Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 15 Apr 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
flutterfly
Very Serious Dibber

Inflatable Bed

Hi everyone,

It is looking increasingly unlikely that we will be able to secure a fold-down bed at CBR this summer. These rooms have become a bookable category recently and there is now no availability.

I still hope to ask at check in but … I need a plan B!

Has anyone ever brought an air bed / ready bed?

Any recommendations of make?

Did it work well?

Did you request bedding?

Thanks so much in advance.
CBR 2015, 2017, 2019 and 2023
flutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

We got one for NYC as our kids are 16 (b) and 12 (g) and didn’t want to share a bed.
I got an all in one blow up with sleeping bag, 2kg so small and light, was about £35, so comfy that daughter didn’t want to take it in turns with the big bed!
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
liamaxina
VIP Dibber

liamaxina's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We bought on from Walmart when my brother came away with my DS and I. We only had a studio so we bought a blow-up bed from Walmart which he slept on. I can't remember how much it cost but it wasn't much and he just left it behind at the end. We're doing the same this time for my nephew. My brother blew his up every night but I will get a pump for my nephew's one. I think they were only a few dollars.
Old 15 Apr 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
weeleighluigi
Imagineer

How old is the person who will be sleeping in the air bed?

Our youngest is (suspected) autistic and has sensory issues, I still put her to bed and have to stay in her room til she is sleeping and sneak out like a ninja every night. She is now 7.

Last year, despite being in a villa with an abundance of beds, we took her ready bed, it's inflatable and has a duvet attached.and used it in our bedroom. She is used to it as it normally comes out at home if she is poorly so she can sleep in our room or down stairs (easier than cleaning duvets and mattresses!)
All we did was bulk it out with a duvet to make it a little comfier which she said we didn't need to, she happily slept on it for the 3 weeks we were there.

My older daughter (12) would happily sleep on an inflatable bed for a 2 week holiday too.
weeleighluigi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
flutterfly
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by dreamadream View Post
We got one for NYC as our kids are 16 (b) and 12 (g) and didn’t want to share a bed.
I got an all in one blow up with sleeping bag, 2kg so small and light, was about £35, so comfy that daughter didn’t want to take it in turns with the big bed!
That's so reassuring to hear. Do you remember the make at all? Don't want to buy an unsuitable one. Did you put anything under it? Thanks.
flutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
flutterfly
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by liamaxina View Post
We bought on from Walmart when my brother came away with my DS and I. We only had a studio so we bought a blow-up bed from Walmart which he slept on. I can't remember how much it cost but it wasn't much and he just left it behind at the end. We're doing the same this time for my nephew. My brother blew his up every night but I will get a pump for my nephew's one. I think they were only a few dollars.
I was actually thinking of going to Walmart if we have no luck on check in. But we have no car and are not planning on any shopping so think we will probably pop one in a case just to be safe! Thanks.
Old 16 Apr 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
flutterfly
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by weeleighluigi View Post
How old is the person who will be sleeping in the air bed?

Our youngest is (suspected) autistic and has sensory issues, I still put her to bed and have to stay in her room til she is sleeping and sneak out like a ninja every night. She is now 7.

Last year, despite being in a villa with an abundance of beds, we took her ready bed, it's inflatable and has a duvet attached.and used it in our bedroom. She is used to it as it normally comes out at home if she is poorly so she can sleep in our room or down stairs (easier than cleaning duvets and mattresses!)
All we did was bulk it out with a duvet to make it a little comfier which she said we didn't need to, she happily slept on it for the 3 weeks we were there.

My older daughter (12) would happily sleep on an inflatable bed for a 2 week holiday too.
I so appreciate the reassurance. My daughter will be six but is extremely tall. Age 10-11 clothes. The ready beds do look appealing though - good to get her something she will like! Thanks.
Old 16 Apr 19, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’m buying the trespass one from Argos at £14.99 . Since we booked last April akl have removed the bunk beds so that’s stuffed us a little as for obvious reasons my 15 yr old son can’t really sleep with my mum. So blow up it will be because I dont want to change resorts again
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
flutterfly
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
I’m buying the trespass one from Argos at £14.99 . Since we booked last April akl have removed the bunk beds so that’s stuffed us a little as for obvious reasons my 15 yr old son can’t really sleep with my mum. So blow up it will be because I dont want to change resorts again
I know it is perfectly within their rights but it catches a bit to pay £7000 and bring a blow up mattress. I really hope they will help me at check-in.

I am sorry to see that has happened to you. We had always wanted to stay at AKL in the past too.
Old 16 Apr 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
tigerfee
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I did it when taking my neice and nephew. They were both teenagers and wouldn't share a bed.
We just propped it against a wall during the day. It done the job and we just binned it at the end of the holiday.
tigerfee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List