Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 17 Apr 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
chipndalefan
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by macy View Post
We have booked parking in T2 West, didn't realise it was a 10 min walk. Do you know if the walk is all outside too ? We usually book the T2 opposite the old terminal and I assumed wrongly it was that one. Pleased I read your post as at least we will be prepared now.
They were still constructing last time we were at the airport (it's fully open now) but I believe it is an outside walk. According to the official Manchester airport parking website it's 8mins.
chipndalefan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by chipndalefan View Post
They were still constructing last time we were at the airport (it's fully open now) but I believe it is an outside walk. According to the official Manchester airport parking website it's 8mins.
The airport have now put more info on their car parking when booking. I have changed ours to the East car park but really need to be as close as possible for this holiday. We were there the same time last year and the cars were all covered in dust , sounds as if things are similar this year too. Thank you for confirming , once it is all finished the good things is they have more onsite parking now.
macy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

I noticed the new T2 East & West parking last weekend when I picked my wife up as she returned from Orlando a couple of weeks after me as she often does, her having retired 5 years ahead of me and counting.

I was unable to park in the usual (East) side of the car park to go and meet her in Arrivals as a sign said that East was only for pre-booked parking. So I continued along the road for a couple of minutes to the West car park which is very big so loads of new spaces added.

As has been mentioned the walk is around 8 minutes incl outside once you leave the car park but you can save yourself a couple of minutes by parking towards the end nearest the East car park where the lifts are.

If I had a choice I’d choose East as quicker to get to by car and less walking but obviously we’re just talking a few minutes. M&G continues to be in East.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
I noticed the new T2 East & West parking last weekend when I picked my wife up as she returned from Orlando a couple of weeks after me as she often does, her having retired 5 years ahead of me and counting.

I was unable to park in the usual (East) side of the car park to go and meet her in Arrivals as a sign said that East was only for pre-booked parking. So I continued along the road for a couple of minutes to the West car park which is very big so loads of new spaces added.

As has been mentioned the walk is around 8 minutes incl outside once you leave the car park but you can save yourself a couple of minutes by parking towards the end nearest the East car park where the lifts are.

If I had a choice I’d choose East as quicker to get to by car and less walking but obviously we’re just talking a few minutes. M&G continues to be in East.
I've just changed our booking from West to East car park. Due to one of us having limited ability to walk this holiday I hoped it was the nearest option. Thanks for confirming this sounds as if I will see a big difference since we were there last April.
macy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

Our booking/paperwork didn’t mention East or West so we just drove into the East prepaid and the barrier raised ok (this was this week).

Satnav was getting very confused as it’s a new road layout (for those not normally flying from Manchester).
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Our booking/paperwork didn’t mention East or West so we just drove into the East prepaid and the barrier raised ok (this was this week).

Satnav was getting very confused as it’s a new road layout (for those not normally flying from Manchester).
Thanks for mentioning the new road layout, I knew there had been a lot of changes but thought the road network was the same as last year. When we used the East multi last year it was jam packed and we really struggled to find an empty parking bay. Hoping that is is better now they have built another multi story close by.
Old 22 Apr 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

Originally Posted by macy View Post
Thanks for mentioning the new road layout, I knew there had been a lot of changes but thought the road network was the same as last year. When we used the East multi last year it was jam packed and we really struggled to find an empty parking bay. Hoping that is is better now they have built another multi story close by.
We stayed overnight in Wilmslow and the satnav was trying to route us a longer way, the link road wasn’t even on the map (car is 2018 so not very old maps).

It’s fairly well signposted though so you should be ok.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
We stayed overnight in Wilmslow and the satnav was trying to route us a longer way, the link road wasn’t even on the map (car is 2018 so not very old maps).

It’s fairly well signposted though so you should be ok.
If it's signposted that should help, it's always so busy that you can miss the turn off into the Multi story quite easily. Good to be aware in advance , so thanks for that.