Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 18 Apr 19, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Mobile Alamo bill higher than expected?

Just checking if this is normal
Pre paid Alamo car hire and after returning car yesterday get bill which is hundreds of dollars more but with total as zero? 😕
Old 18 Apr 19, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Had this when I came home last week guy when I chef the car back in
His read out said $600 way more than I’d paid had to go the kiosk
To sort it wasn’t the only one about 10 folk in front all with the same issue did eventually get a print out that said zero at the bottom
Just check that final,slip folks as long as you have zero it should be fine but ,y paper work for at least 3 months after returning now just in case
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Mmm, I thought they had moved away from that system.

My March receipt just shows 'pre paid voucher' then an amount at the end which for me was in relation to fuel.

Prior to this you got a receipt that showed these details:-
Vehicle details
All the costs - mine showed $778 for a 4 week hire
Then all the taxes etc taking it to $812.77
After that was 'Voucher - external exchange'
Amount due $0

Does yours look like that?

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 07:34 AM. Reason: Spelling
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

They had but it was a right shambles when I came home MR T
Wonder how many folk will get stung I wasn’t leaving till I got a bill with zero owed apart from the$35 for fule
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
They had but it was a right shambles when I came home MR T
Wonder how many folk will get stung I wasn’t leaving till I got a bill with zero owed apart from the$35 for fule
Wise words. Those of us who visit regularly or read the car forum on here know all about the $0 issue.

As you say though loads don't and either dont read the receipt or think it will be ok in the end - it wont!

Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Brinko
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Wise words. Those of us who visit regularly or read the car forum on here know all about the $0 issue.

As you say though loads don't and either dont read the receipt or think it will be ok in the end - it wont!
Could you please explain to me the $0 issue, and what to look out for!

I go in a few weeks, and don't fancy getting stung for additional!
Especially as all my fees will probably be doubled as I had to purchase the "Young Drivers Fee"

Thanks!
Brinko is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Brinko View Post
Could you please explain to me the $0 issue, and what to look out for!

I go in a few weeks, and don't fancy getting stung for additional!
Especially as all my fees will probably be doubled as I had to purchase the "Young Drivers Fee"

Thanks!
OK. You have paid for a 'package' with car hire. That includes everything from the rental cost to the airport taxes, state taxes and some small amounts such as tire disposal fee etc.
This is standard across all the firms.
That should be the full amount sorted unless you add things later.
For example a child seat, or pre pay for fuel and bring the car back empty.
If you do none of these things you want a contract that the barrier Guy gives you to show $0 owing - triple check this. If not happy refuse it!

When you return the car you are directed to a row to park up. The staff scan the barcode on the windscreen and issue you a receipt from their handheld machine. Check it is also $0.

If not ask, if they can't help go to the kiosk in the garage. DO NOT LEAVE until you are happy.

Old 18 Apr 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Brinko
Gone all Goofy

OK. You have paid for a 'package' with car hire. That includes everything from the rental cost to the airport taxes, state taxes and some small amounts such as tire disposal fee etc.
If you do none of these things you want a contract that the barrier Guy gives you to show $0 owing - triple check this. If not happy refuse it!

When you return the car you are directed to a row to park up. The staff scan the barcode on the windscreen and issue you a receipt from their handheld machine. Check it is also $0.

If not ask, if they can't help go to the kiosk in the garage. DO NOT LEAVE until you are happy.
So the only extra that I have is the "Fuel Service Option, Full - Empty" obviously that has been pre-paid, so it should still say 0 when I go to leave the garage. Judging from that I should not have to pay a penny?

Is there a reason people have been getting charged? Or is Alamo just trying their luck.

Thanks!
Brinko is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
LPCKG
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

LPCKG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

Thank you for providing such a detailed note. It’s our first time back in almost 3 years and we’ve booked and prepaid with Alamo. I didn’t have any problems last time but at the end of a holiday these things can sometimes catch you out. I wanted to book a Tollpass this year. Has anyone encountered any issues on returning the vehicle? I understand people have had to wait for charges to be applied but we’re driving up from Fort Lauderdale post cruise then returning via Miami at the end of our holiday so it offers a convenient solution on any day we drive through tolls - which is only likely to be on the journey from FLL and back to MIA.
Hilton Orlando & Portofino Bay Resort 2016 / Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress & Royal Pacific Resort 2010 / Orlando World Center Marriott Resort 2009 / Hard Rock Hotel 2006 / Portofino Bay Resort 2005 / Port Orleans Riverside 2004 / Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort 2003 / Orange Lake Resort & Country Club 1992 / Vistana Resort 1988

Edited at 09:26 AM.
LPCKG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Over charging hasn’t been an issue for us for a good 2/3 years we do 3/4 trips a year but at the beginning of this month it seeemed to be
A real problem I saw most folks returning cars well those that scrutinised the bill had issues the quest the kiosk got way bigger after me
Just check at the barrier on the way out it says zero and when they hand you back the slip when you take the car back it says zero if you already paid for fule
Tolls and admin fee won’t show up till later on your CC if you use the
Toll pass we have our own MR T I’m sure just pays at the toll booth