Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 18 Apr 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Busby
Excited about Disney

Avis, Extra driver with BA executive member

I have recently booked our fly drive with BA for this August. What is the process to get the additional free driver. I have joined the BA executive club and added my number to the booking.
Do I need to do anything else? do you get anything showing up on the booking saying about the extra driver or do we just show additional driver license at the car hire pick up?

This is our first time with Avis so any advice would be great
Busby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Busby View Post
I have recently booked our fly drive with BA for this August. What is the process to get the additional free driver. I have joined the BA executive club and added my number to the booking.
Do I need to do anything else? do you get anything showing up on the booking saying about the extra driver or do we just show additional driver license at the car hire pick up?

Add them at the desk (or garage if you have also signed-up to AVIS Preferred - which is advised on here). Make sure the amended retail agreement has their name as an extra driver and that you are not being charged (they seem to get the nocharge bit wrong a few times)

They are well aware of BA and the extra driver. Your boarding pass will have your exec number printered on it, but I've never known them to ask for it.
Spouse is also covered regardless and does not need to be on agreement or use the BA extra driver. For spouse you don't need to do anything.

Edited at 11:14 AM.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Busby
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by fredflintstone View Post
Add them at the desk (or garage if you have also signed-up to AVIS Preferred - which is advised on here). Make sure the amended retail agreement has their name as an extra driver and that you are not being charged (they seem to get the nocharge bit wrong a few times)

They are well aware of BA and the extra driver. Your boarding pass will have your exec number printered on it, but I've never known them to ask for it.
Spouse is also covered regardless and does not need to be on agreement or use the BA extra driver. For spouse you don't need to do anything.
Interesting about the Spouse part, I've never heard about that. My Wife will be the second driver so all should be good.
Busby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Interesting about the Spouse part, I've never heard about that. My Wife will be the second driver so all should be good.
Yes, all will be good. You'll find it in their FAQ's and I always use the BA extra driver for my DD. I always ask, as at garage desk adding DD, but always told spouse automatically included as are life time partners living at same address (they stress same address).

Might be worth adding AVIS preferred and getting it linked to your booking (other threads will say how they did this) as this allows you to miss the desk and go straight to the garage office. No hard sell there.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23

From the Avis Preferred T's and C's

4. Who May Drive the Car

A. You represent that you are a capable and validly licensed driver. You agree that we have the right to verify that your license has been validly issued and is in good standing; and that we may refuse to rent to you if your license has been suspended, revoked, otherwise restricted in any way, or if your driving record is unsatisfactory to us.

B. We reserve the right to deny rentals based upon information about your license status or driving record provided by the Motor Vehicle Department of the State/Province, which issued your license.

C. Except where otherwise specifically authorized by applicable law, only you, your spouse or domestic partner, or, if you rent from us under your employer’s corporate account agreement, your employer or a regular fellow employee incidental to business duties may drive the car, but only with your prior permission. The other driver must be at least 25 years old and must be a capable and validly licensed driver.

Regards

Gary
Old 21 Apr 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
lifes2comp
Excited about Disney

Yep just to reiterate the same, always do a BA flydrive and Avis Preferred. I always prepay fuel so go to the kiosk in garage anyway, always told this. Spouse is included as standard with Avis and don’t even need to show licence at time of rental etc.

I remember being surprised the first time as always had to add elsewhere and thought a useful benefit with BA Exec! Not needed

Not that she ever drives over there!
lifes2comp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List