Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 19 Apr 19, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6

Thanks Grapesoda, I'd not even thought about how to carry it all Thanks for the heads up
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Grapesoda View Post
I saw a lot of people with suitcases with them, easy to put all your shopping into and wheel about!
I think i would do this if I didn't have a car to put all my stuff into whilst shopping... those bags get heavy, when you keep buying hahaha!
Yes you see this a lot especially at the outlets. Makes me smile to see people come out of the shops laden with carrier bags then throw all the wrappings into the bin and cram the item into a suitcase. Sometimes you see whole families with a case each !
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Heehee, really?!
It takes serious shopping to a whole new level I guess.
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
disneycarla
Apprentice Imagineer

We use lyft really good went to the outlets and Florida mail we stayed at the French quarter last year
Old 19 Apr 19, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi how many times have you been, can't imagine not having a car to go and explore. There is so much offsite even for some meals etc. For us a car is a must even thought we spend 10 days approx onsite and use the transport as it is so good. We then follow this with some days at a golf resort.
jdouds is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Hi how many times have you been, can't imagine not having a car to go and explore. There is so much offsite even for some meals etc. For us a car is a must even thought we spend 10 days approx onsite and use the transport as it is so good. We then follow this with some days at a golf resort.
This'll be my 10th I think. Hired a vehicle for the first holiday in 2000 but we stayed in a villa then. Since being on site, I dont bother.
Old 19 Apr 19, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

i am a 66 year old woman, who frequently travels alone. I use Uber regularly and have never had a problem or felt unsafe.

I did once take a taxi from WDW and had my debit card number stolen after a long and confusing trip to the airport.

I feel much safe with Uber where you are given the identity of the driver.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shifu View Post
Thanks for your help everyone. I'm glad to hear that its doable.

I had no idea about the reg number option MissAliJS, that gives me a bit more confidence for future possibilities, thanks for that.

Alidoll, good to hear that its straightforward , thanks.

CartoonP...I think if I was going in February, I'd certainly do this, useful to know, but now I feel the July heat too much, sadly, and I'd be wiped out before starting shopping haha

Disney332 "Mears at the hotel called by the CMs at the front, Mears for return as they are at all malls."... my kind of easiness My son and I will be doing this I think . Have got many cabs from the hotel in the past, but never from outside 'the disney bubble' . Thank you.

Thanks everyone. Off to investigate shopping malls. Looking for a place with a Disney Outlet, teen boy/mens clothes, and any little bargain bits if they still exist.
We love the Vineland Premium Oulets

It has a disney outlet (cheap stuff that you can use a $200 gift card in ) and a mountain of cheap designer shops ... mrs D332 loves ugg!

Also its the nearest to wdw, so the cheapest fare.

Disney332
Old 19 Apr 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi we are similar 13 times in 18 years . We love onsite with ddp but then like to chill in a relaxed golf resort but still pop into Disney for some evenings .
jdouds is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Stayed onsite in Feb and I went to the outlets solo in a Lyft. I have used Uber in the past but this time Lyft had a coupon for 50% off the next 10 rides so I went with them. I also used them to get from Disney Springs back to Epcot for the fireworks and we took them back to the airport. I've also used them in California. At the outlets there is also a Mears taxi stand so there's no way you will get stuck there and I'm nearly sure there's a stand at the mall too, haven't been there since 2017 but I do recall seeing lots of Mears taxis about.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List