Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Apr 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

Mobile Mia - Lhr 20:40 delayed 3 hour

Anyone know why?

It is what it is but just out of interest

Looks like a train journey home for us as we’ll miss our connecting flight and all others that day are fully booked 🙈

Oh well, we love a bit of travel day excitement 💖
choccielover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

All I can see is the outward flight left Heathrow nearly 4 hours late.
Sunset lakes 01, Weston Hills 03,Indian Ridge 04, Davenport 04, Westridge 06 & 07, Florida Pines 08, Lake Berkley 09, Windsor Hills 10, Emerald Island 12, Westridge 13, Legacy Park 15, Eagle Pointe 16, Loma Linda & Windsor Hills 17, Westridge 18, Bella Vida 19
FLORIDA MASTERS WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2015
HOLIDAY GENIE / TRAVELUP WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2016
dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

You don’t mention an airline, but presume you mean BA208. It’s delayed because the outbound BA209 from LHR was almost 4 hours late departing, and will not arrive in MIA until 21:55.

BA208 currently scheduled to depart at 23:40 and arrive LHR around 13:00.

Has BA actually told you that they can’t rebook your connection? Flights showing sold out at this point does not always mean they are completely sold when there are delays and cancellations, BA can close availability while it sorts out the rebooking. There is a flight from San Francisco tonight which is cancelled, that might actually help you if some poeple from that will miss their connection. However, given the end of school holidays, you might be right.

Can’t tell the reason for the delay, it just says “operational”, which could be anything. If they can’t rebook you, you may be eligible for EC261 compensation.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Seems like a day for delays... Virgin VS15 today LGW to MCO was delayed 5 hours to 18:00, not due to arrive MCO till 22:00 instead of 17:20 (I only watch the flights Im using in September)

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

Mobile

Yup it’s BA and I spent a lovely 45 mins on the phone to BA and they tried every combination of airports and couldn’t get me home so I’m sticking with the LHR flight and will train it home

Not sure about luggage, will they let me collect at LHR?
choccielover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

I knew it was BA as been on that flight before. The previous flight arrived on time back in Heathrow this morning so the delay happened at Heathrow so maybe gone tech or crew issues. Hope you get sorted.
Sunset lakes 01, Weston Hills 03,Indian Ridge 04, Davenport 04, Westridge 06 & 07, Florida Pines 08, Lake Berkley 09, Windsor Hills 10, Emerald Island 12, Westridge 13, Legacy Park 15, Eagle Pointe 16, Loma Linda & Windsor Hills 17, Westridge 18, Bella Vida 19
FLORIDA MASTERS WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2015
HOLIDAY GENIE / TRAVELUP WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2016
dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by choccielover View Post
Yup it’s BA and I spent a lovely 45 mins on the phone to BA and they tried every combination of airports and couldn’t get me home so I’m sticking with the LHR flight and will train it home

Not sure about luggage, will they let me collect at LHR?
You’ll have to get it at LHR if you are not booked into a connecting flight. Make sure it’s clear that BA could not get you to MAN, you will likely be eligible for EC261 compensation.

Originally Posted by dave View Post
The previous flight arrived on time back in Heathrow this morning
It’s a different aircraft, unconnected to yesterday’s flight.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
choccyface
Excited about Disney

Mobile

This happened to us last year - BA put on a coach go take us from Heathrow to Manchester
choccyface is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

Mobile

They’ve put me on a connecting flight to Leeds with instructions to make my own way to man...

Flight left from MIA over 3hrs late so does that make us eligible?
Old 22 Apr 19, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

Also - I’m not intending on going directly to MAN (though I will have to to collect my car) does this make any difference?

I’m going home, the intending to get an early train to the airport tomorrow then go straight to work from there