Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Apr 19, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by candycat75 View Post
The neighbours said sorry and offered to have the dog put down. I think they are worried about it as they have recently had a baby.
so very sorry about your loss, but sad to see another dog put down when we don't know the poor things background... they have had a baby... why didn't they think of this when they got the dog.
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

It is a criminal offence to have a dog 'Dangerously out of Control'. Ring the police. They may not be interested, but they often are where a dog jumps up at a person etc causing some injury. Owner can be arrested, bailed, DNA sample taken and prosecuted. Makes little difference if on their property- the law was changed a few years back.

Edit- I note they have offered to have it put down(!) well I suppose that is up to you.

Edited at 06:17 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
It is a criminal offence to have a dog 'Dangerously out of Control'. Ring the police. They may not be interested, but they often are where a dog jumps up at a person etc causing some injury. Owner can be arrested, bailed, DNA sample taken and prosecuted. Makes little difference if on their property- the law was changed a few years back.

Edit- I note they have offered to have it put down(!) well I suppose that is up to you.
A cat is not a person, that’s why if you run over a cat you don’t have to do anything. It’s also why if a cat gets into your house and wreck the place the owner is not responsible where a dog owner would be.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post

Playing devils advocate here... is a dog that chases and kills a cat on its own land “dangerously out of control”.?

I do however find it odd that they’ve immediately offered to have the dog put to sleep which to me indicates they believe there is an underlying issue?
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post

I’m not sure anything can be done but ringing the police on 101 they could give you the correct advice. I would decline the owners offer of having the dog put down, but maybe insist on some extra training for the dog and them with a dog behaviouralist to maybe prevent another incident with another cat.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Playing devils advocate here... is a dog that chases and kills a cat on its own land “dangerously out of control”.?

I do however find it odd that they’ve immediately offered to have the dog put to sleep which to me indicates they believe there is an underlying issue?
Possibly not, depends on circumstances - did OP see it, and go in the garden and have a reasonable apprehension that they too could be attacked- was the dog ravaging the cat? Probably not, but if yes, would probably pass the threshold.
Old 22 Apr 19, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
5gotodisney
Excited about Disney

Our cat was attacked by a neighbors two dogs a couple of years ago, they were being taken for a walk past our house and dragged the cat out from our hedge, where he was sitting, although the neighbor had them on a lead she wasn’t strong enough to stop them, thankfully our cat did survive although he did need treatment and we asked the neighbor to pay the vets bill, which they did. At the time, I reported it to the police and local dog warden and was told that basically they could only take action if the dog attacked a human and that there was nothing that could be done if they attack an animal. Sorry to hear about what happened to your cat.
5gotodisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyNikki
slightly serious Dibber

In law. They have caused criminal damage to your property. They will get away with this as the circumstances were it happened on their land.
So sorry bet you are heartbroken xx
DisneyNikki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by candycat75 View Post
My neighbours dog attacked my cat yesterday and unfortunately he died on the way to the vet. Obviously I'm devastated but really worried as I have 2 other cats. Is there anything I can do about the dog? And if if I report it to rspca will they do anything?
What do you want to happen? The neighbours have already offered to have the dog euthanised so I’m not sure what else you want to happen?
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Ideally I'd like the dog gone not put to sleep but just away from me and my 2 other cats, like I said there's only a small fence between 2 houses. As far as I'm aware they still have it and haven't had it put to sleep.