Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 26 Oct 23, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
#41
Aims
Imagineer
 
Aims's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 09
Location: San Diego, CA USA
Just read Day 4 in San Diego 😃👍 You had what I consider my perfect Old Town day- a good mooch around and a meal with margaritas at Cafe Coyote. You visited at such a great time of year too with all the Dia de los Muertos decorations out.

My sister used to be a guide in the Whaley House for many years and she told me a few paranormal occurrences that happened to her on the job- a couple of them quite spine-tingling! 👀

The USS Midway is so fascinating, isn’t it! It took my husband a year after it opened as a museum to convince me to go- I was so certain it was going to be boring lol I loved it though and have been back a few times because there is just so much and you always miss something. The docents are all great to talk to, as well. 😊
__________________


Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 23, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
#42
anji
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
anji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 04
Location: Southampton
Originally Posted by Aims View Post
Just read Day 4 in San Diego 😃👍 You had what I consider my perfect Old Town day- a good mooch around and a meal with margaritas at Cafe Coyote. You visited at such a great time of year too with all the Dia de los Muertos decorations out.

My sister used to be a guide in the Whaley House for many years and she told me a few paranormal occurrences that happened to her on the job- a couple of them quite spine-tingling! 👀

The USS Midway is so fascinating, isn’t it! It took my husband a year after it opened as a museum to convince me to go- I was so certain it was going to be boring lol I loved it though and have been back a few times because there is just so much and you always miss something. The docents are all great to talk to, as well. 😊
Thanks Aims! Glad you're enjoying reading. Your sister must have had an amazing time at Whaley House - I can imagine it being very creepy when less people are around. Did she do the night tours?

I loved the Midway, despite thinking it would grow boring too. You appreciate how slick it must all have to run to work properly with so many people aboard, and the planes too. We talked to a fair few people on our way round, especially in the engine room and the computer hub.
__________________

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 23, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
#43
Aims
Imagineer
 
Aims's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 09
Location: San Diego, CA USA
Originally Posted by anji View Post
Thanks Aims! Glad you're enjoying reading. Your sister must have had an amazing time at Whaley House - I can imagine it being very creepy when less people are around. Did she do the night tours?

I loved the Midway, despite thinking it would grow boring too. You appreciate how slick it must all have to run to work properly with so many people aboard, and the planes too. We talked to a fair few people on our way round, especially in the engine room and the computer hub.
Hi anji! Back when my sister worked at the Whaley House they weren’t doing night tours yet- this was some time ago. The things she experienced were when it was just her and one other guide in the house- that other guide was the woman who saved the Whaley House from being knocked down and founded the museum. She was the expert on the house and it’s history, wrote some books on the family etc. Whenever something eerie happened in the house, this lady would tell my sister “Oh, that’s just Thomas, he’s here today.” 😄 She knew all the ghosts!
__________________


Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 23, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
#44
anji
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
anji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 04
Location: Southampton
Day 5 now posted - fun at the Zoo!
__________________

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 23, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
#45
Stan1805
Serious Dibber
 
Stan1805's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 17
Loving reading your report so far. Takes me back to last September when we done our trip. Portside cafe was our favourite quick breakfast place. So relaxing. Breakfast Republic was our favourite sit down. Looking forward to reading along with the rest of your trip.
Stan1805 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 23, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
#46
anji
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
anji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 04
Location: Southampton
Originally Posted by Aims View Post
Hi anji! Back when my sister worked at the Whaley House they weren’t doing night tours yet- this was some time ago. The things she experienced were when it was just her and one other guide in the house- that other guide was the woman who saved the Whaley House from being knocked down and founded the museum. She was the expert on the house and it’s history, wrote some books on the family etc. Whenever something eerie happened in the house, this lady would tell my sister “Oh, that’s just Thomas, he’s here today.” 😄 She knew all the ghosts!
Interesting! We heard a lot about Thomas
__________________

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 23, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
#47
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Nov 10
Location: Falmouth
I have just read your Balboa Park day 5 and it was awesome.

Balboa Park and particularly the Zoo are really good!
__________________

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 02:57 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 23, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
#48
anji
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
anji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 04
Location: Southampton
The road trip starts - Day 6 up!
__________________

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023

Edited at 06:20 PM.
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 23, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
#49
anji
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
anji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 04
Location: Southampton
Catalina Island Day 7 posted
__________________

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 23, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
#50
smithlane
VIP Dibber
 
smithlane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 15
What a fabulous day to Catalina Island, I must add that to the list of LA must do’s!
Shame about the weather but Avalon looked really lovely and quaint 😊
__________________
All my previous reports can be found HERE

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DIBB Savings
AttractionTickets.com

Get £10 off each Disney Ticket with the code ATDIBB10

Get up to £50 off per room at Disney or Universal with the code DIBBHOTELS


theDIBB Blog
One of the the five worlds found in Epic Universe, How to Train Your Dragon... Read More »
Disney announced that a new nighttime show, “Disney Dreams That Soar,” will run nightly at... Read More »
Walt Disney World Resort guests can get ready to have a “glowing’’ good time when... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2190
CaxtonFX  $1.2155
Covent Garden FX  $1.2409
FAIRFX  $1.2196
John Lewis  $1.2205
M&S  $1.2001
Post Office  $1.1981
Sainsburys  $1.2180
TESCO  $1.2192
Travelex  $1.2213
Updated: 07:00 15/04/2024
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1452
CaxtonFX  €1.1405
Covent Garden FX  €1.1625
FAIRFX  €1.1451
John Lewis  €1.1479
M&S  €1.1293
Post Office  €1.1271
Sainsburys  €1.1445
TESCO  €1.1453
Travelex  €1.1465
Updated: 07:00 15/04/2024

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now



X