Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 28 Aug 20, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Meal plan ideas

Anybody doing meal planning for the big return next week, DD is used to school meals but will be having pack lunches when she goes back to school, so need to plan out hearty meals for tea( she will be very hungry!)

Made shepherds pie tonight and frozen one down, spag bol in freezer too, jacket potatoes will feature one day too,

Any other ideas? Need a quick and easy tea for gym night!

Edited at 09:55 PM.
Bootrip2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 20, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I do baked potatoes in the slow cooker and prepare the fillings and refrigerate or chuck on a tin of beans ready in 2 minutes
Slow cooker chilli and microwave rice slow cooker chicken fajitas chuck it all in in the morning
Wack the wrapsxin the micro 2 mins serve
I’ve more slow cooker suggestions if you want
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 20, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

DH has just said what about=your slow cooker toad in the hole ( one of his go to fwhen I’m at the villa ) brown sausages either make your own Yorkshire batter or use a mix
Put browed sausages in the slow cooker add batter now this sounds daft put a clean dish towel I find the glass cloth type ones best over the top of the pot put the lid on and cook on high for 2and a half hours
It’s my mothers trick if she’d been caught up in other things but it’s delish honest
Ps I serve with onion gravy that’s pre made frozen and then reheated

Edited at 10:21 PM.
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
DH has just said what about=your slow cooker toad in the hole ( one of his go to fwhen I’m at the villa ) brown sausages either make your own Yorkshire batter or use a mix
Put browed sausages in the slow cooker add batter now this sounds daft put a clean dish towel I find the glass cloth type ones best over the top of the pot put the lid on and cook on high for 2and a half hours
It’s my mothers trick if she’d been caught up in other things but it’s delish honest
Ps I serve with onion gravy that’s pre made frozen and then reheated
I wish i could double ‘like’ this post one of mine and DH fav meals and didnt realise i could do in slow cooker!
Old 28 Aug 20, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We love one pot meals. They are so easy, done in the slow cooker and I love tea being made when we come home.
Campfire stew is a favourite. I tend to cut the veg up the night before and put in the slow cooker in the morning.

pinchofnom/recipes/campfire-stew/
pinchofnom/recipes/slow-...age-casserole/
We also like diet cola chicken. You could adapt it to go in the slow cooker.
Chilli but I like to make it with stewing steak rather than mince.

On nights when daughter is running we also find stir fry and jacket potato ( never tried in slow cooker, will give it a go !) to be easy and quick.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 20, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Tre85
VIP Dibber

Pasta bake with salad and garlic bread.
Sausage and mash with veg
Curry or chilli and rice
Chicken stew
Old 28 Aug 20, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Just be aware the potatoe in slow cooker baked the flesh can be a little darker but tastes so much better than the microwave version
I o the tatties and toad in the hole for our bone fire night party’s and they are
Always first=to go
Old 29 Aug 20, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Just be aware the potatoe in slow cooker baked the flesh can be a little darker but tastes so much better than the microwave version
I o the tatties and toad in the hole for our bone fire night party’s and they are
Always first=to go
How do you cook baked potatoes in the slow cooker?
Our slow cooker is redundant because no one likes stews apart from me and I don’t know what else to use it for.
Son cant eat sausage or any spice and daughter wont eat mince so its hard work 😒
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 20, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

We feed our grandchildren 3 or 4 days a week (depending on shifts). I asked if they had any ideas for next week and they asked for mince and tattles, chicken casserole, salmon and rice and stew. They are only 6 and 7 years old - no fish fingers for them!
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

No fishfingers for Gdks I;here either
Tonight it was a avocado prawns and black bean salad with fresh berries and yogurt to follow then olives before bed they 3/4 / 8 and 14 and all ate olive sourdough bread and plain grilled. Basa fish with it
They hate fish fingers chicken nuggets etc