Photo, Video & Vlogs Photography, Video and Vlog discussions

Old 23 May 20, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile Music that's youtube safe?

Hive mind ... it's my DS birthday soon and I'm gathering messages from family and friends as video clips. I'd hoped to put stevie wonder happy birthday as backing track. Fine for home, but a few folk had hoped I'd put it on youtube as a private video and share the link.

Understandably youtube wont like that. Is there a way I can put something similar on it?
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Mobile

Bump ... anyone?
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
the_weird_one
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

You may still be able to use the song; what would happen is you'd not be able to monetise the video for yourself and any advert revenue is given to the copyright holder.
the_weird_one is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
kaytronika
slightly serious Dibber

Youtube has it's own audio library full of tracks you can use, you have to credit some of the authors, but the library will tell you which:

youtube/audiolibrary/music?nv=1
kaytronika is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

I am not very technical so this might be of no use at all but my sons school made a video of messages from all the staff for the kids to watch at home, they used Vimeo (I think that’s what it’s called).

They emailed us the link and the passcode to access the video so we could watch it from home. They used a well know pop song that the kids sing in class, I’m not sure how that is affected by copyright but it might be ok as it’s not for public consumption like YouTube
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Mobile

YouTube also has a private system where you can message a vid around. As stated most copyright owners will just not let you make money out of it. Some will not let you use it at all. The best way is to search for the piece you want on YouTube. If it is on there, particularly if there are several versions it should be OK. Copyright owners can take it down if they want. If the video is automatically muted and the copyright owner makes no claim then it will be ok after 30 days. There is a small chance it may be taken down but I don’t think they would. Try the private method.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by kaytronika View Post
Youtube has it's own audio library full of tracks you can use, you have to credit some of the authors, but the library will tell you which:

youtube/audiolibrary/music?nv=1
I've only just seen this ... but that is a useful link. I'll be using that. Thank you!
Old 28 Jul 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Peter H View Post
YouTube also has a private system where you can message a vid around. As stated most copyright owners will just not let you make money out of it. Some will not let you use it at all. The best way is to search for the piece you want on YouTube. If it is on there, particularly if there are several versions it should be OK. Copyright owners can take it down if they want. If the video is automatically muted and the copyright owner makes no claim then it will be ok after 30 days. There is a small chance it may be taken down but I don’t think they would. Try the private method.
Thank you, I'll look into this option as well.
Old 13 Aug 20, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Manny Haines
Dibbing with Tink

Last year I tired to upload our Florida vid onto our “Private” YouTube account and I got a message to say if failed copyright.
I’m sure it gave the time pointS where copyright was infringed.

One time was in the villa capturing some spectacular lightning and the radio was on in the background and somehow YouTube picked up Sia, swinging from her chandelier. The other time was in the car with radio on and it picked up whatever was playing on the radio.
They must have FBI listing software as you could hardly hear the song over the air con blasting and us laughing at a pelican fly (for a bit) alongside the car at 50mph..

Had to ruddy re-do and upload a whole new “edited” version.

Still, it’s a great way to store videos for free, rather than pay for a Cloud based system.
Manny Haines is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List