Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 1 Jul 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
Good news, they agreed with me about her care needs, so got highest rate, and until 2028, so relieved, although i know she will probably have to transfer to PIP or whatever at 16years old.
Fantastic , one less thing to have to deal with for a few years, I hate renewing my daughters, her claim runs out end of this month, the forms have gone in but we had a letter a couple of weeks ago that said due to current covid19 situation her current claim had automatically been extended by 6 months until January next year... presume due to limited staff in the offices?, ive tried ringing but with no success so far.
So pleased it’s finally sorted for you x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Fantastic , one less thing to have to deal with for a few years, I hate renewing my daughters, her claim runs out end of this month, the forms have gone in but we had a letter a couple of weeks ago that said due to current covid19 situation her current claim had automatically been extended by 6 months until January next year... presume due to limited staff in the offices?, ive tried ringing but with no success so far.
So pleased it’s finally sorted for you x
They are running behind, i sent her form in October when they first sent renewal, but they didnt even look at it until i chased 2 weeks before it ran out in january. Then man con was done within about a week, i think they do serm to be dropping every one, probably to save money! The tribunal on the phone was difficult and i was quite nervous and they seemed to double question everything.
Good luck with your DD form, they are just so damn depressing! Its good they have automatically extended claim tho. X
Old 1 Jul 20, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Well done on succeeding with your appeal!

So many give up because of the hard work involved in getting all the evidence together but it is worth it in the end.
I do think they just try to reduce all down, since her last claim she had a brain tumour and surgery, how was that ever going to make life easier? I only had an additional 2 letters to send after my initial form, i think they do expect people to give up, as mostly we are too damn tired being carers to fill out complicated forms!
Old 1 Jul 20, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
Good news, they agreed with me about her care needs, so got highest rate, and until 2028, so relieved, although i know she will probably have to transfer to PIP or whatever at 16years old.
fantastic news you must be so relieved
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Nannad
Apprentice Imagineer

Really good news, I hate those forms, stresses me out just thinking about them, my husband has it till 2028 also.
Nannad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

Brilliant news... it’s what you deserve so you can help your daughter.
Old 4 Jul 20, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
shez
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

shez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
So pleased for you.. when my daughter got to 16 she had to apply for pip.. got turned down mandatory turned down.. put in an appeal and had a fantastic assessor/ consultant ring me to apologise for everything and he was disgusted how she’d been treated.. she was awarded it for 5 years enhanced on both care and mobility and assured me she would never have to go through this again... it was so stressful for us all but my advise is persevere and you will succeed in the end.

Private villa 00, Comfort Inn LBV 02, ASMu 05, AKL 07, PORS 09, ASMu 11, OKW 13, Clarion Inn 15,Double tree and Best western 19,Clarion inn 22,
shez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List