Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 20 Jul 20, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyhm
VIP Dibber

Travel from CDG advice please

Hi all,

So all looking ok for our trip to DLP in August so far. I have finally received info on flights from Disneyland Paris after waiting 4 weeks so able to sort seats etc on flights.

What I am struggling with is the transport options from CDG to DLP. I am so used to WDW that this is boggling my mind a little! We usually get the Magical Express so booked the Disney transport but they have since released the minimal departure times and I am regretting it. I am going to ask Disney to refund me the money for the transfer but looking at other options and don't know which is best so hoping Dibbers that are used to DLP can help me.

We get into CDG at 12:05 and the next train to DLP is at 12:38 or 14:58. Not knowing how long it will take to get through immigration, baggage collection etc I don't know whether it is best to get train or pay for private transfer? My son doesn't travel well in cars on fast windy roads so train would be preferable if the times work

Sorry, that is a massive post lol! I am a WDW planning pro but complete fish out of water here...
Disneyhm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Private transfer can be as cheap as TGV train or Disney shuttle. Try RS Transports.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymike
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Private transfer can be as cheap as TGV train or Disney shuttle. Try RS Transports.
Certainly at the moment this seems to be doubly the case. TGV price was super high compared to usual for this past weekend, may be because they are limiting capacity.
disneymike is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I've only done the CDG-MLV transfer by TGV once, in 2017. But what I remember of that experience was
- Land at CDG
- Clear immigration/customs - this took an hour, although I was on an international long haul flight and there was at least one or two other planes that got in at the same time. It was completely chaotic.
- Collect luggage
- Walk through the incredibly poorly designed terminals and take a transfer train (? inter-terminal train?) to another area which was where the TGV trains left from, try to figure out how to buy a ticket, find the TGV platform.

Basically it took a lot longer than I expected.

However, the TGV is by far the fastest means of getting between CDG and MLV at just 10 minutes for the journey! The buses/cars would take a bit longer, and even longer if you went the RER route (that involves transferring through central Paris). So I did like the TGV a lot. Downsides was the price (more expensive than other options) and that there were only limited departure timings for the TGV.
Old 20 Jul 20, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Private transfer meet you at Arrivals and the journey is 40 min door to door (whereas with the TGV you then need to walk to your hotel).
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
alihendy
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by Disneyhm View Post
Hi all,

So all looking ok for our trip to DLP in August so far. I have finally received info on flights from Disneyland Paris after waiting 4 weeks so able to sort seats etc on flights.

What I am struggling with is the transport options from CDG to DLP. I am so used to WDW that this is boggling my mind a little! We usually get the Magical Express so booked the Disney transport but they have since released the minimal departure times and I am regretting it. I am going to ask Disney to refund me the money for the transfer but looking at other options and don't know which is best so hoping Dibbers that are used to DLP can help me.

We get into CDG at 12:05 and the next train to DLP is at 12:38 or 14:58. Not knowing how long it will take to get through immigration, baggage collection etc I don't know whether it is best to get train or pay for private transfer? My son doesn't travel well in cars on fast windy roads so train would be preferable if the times work

Sorry, that is a massive post lol! I am a WDW planning pro but complete fish out of water here...

I am so glad you asked this question, we are also orlando planning pro's but have after having to cancel 3 trips this year have decided to try paris to get our disney fix.

We are planning to stay at Newport Bayso were weighing up the fast train vs an uber/private transfer.

After reading the replies think we will go for the transfer as we will have a two year old so will probably work out easier providing we can find one with a car seat
alihendy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

There are several firms used by Dibbers - have a search of the forum. I only have experience of RS Transports who were significantly cheaper than the others. They were fine - but in fairness, I have seen a couple of reports on here over the past year of them turning up late to the airport. I would use them again though.
Old 28 Jul 20, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
disneymike

Mobile

For anyone still looking at this, I got an email this morning...TGV is having an August sale and the prices are way way down from what they've been recently.
disneymike is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyhm
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disneymike View Post
For anyone still looking at this, I got an email this morning...TGV is having an August sale and the prices are way way down from what they've been recently.
Do I just search TGV on Google for their own site or do you find it through Trainline etc? Sorry for being a bit thick lol. Still need to try and get hold of Disney to see if I can get my £140 transfer money back but begrudge paying £7-£10 a phone call.
Disneyhm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
disneymike

No worries The site you're looking for is oui.sncf, which is also in English luckily! There's also a mobile app where you can use mobile tickets, saves you waiting in any queues/picking them up on confusing machines in the station.

Edited at 11:30 AM.