Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Oct 20, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
When is POR re-opening? I know someone who's interested in staying there. I've checked the Disney website and can't find a date on there.
There is no opening date for the resort as of yet.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
Thanks.
I found my original email that they sent me so I replied via that. If I don’t hear anything I’ll maybe phone them.
I found a scribbled note with the phone number!
001 800 328 0327. They are on usa time and looks like I was told to choose option 1
scottishgirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by meanwoodwhite View Post
£164 a night at All Star Movies. Think my definition of "value" is different than Disney's
In (September) 2010 we got Riverside for just over £100 per night including quick service as part of a Thompson package !
Times change !
Old 23 Oct 20, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

So the other half as added on 2 days at pop century to our booking at music next December. We will be getting a new booking reference. How does a split stay look in the app, how long has it taken for the change to appear in the app or have you had to do it yourself? Will I need to rebook park days?
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by meanwoodwhite View Post
£164 a night at All Star Movies. Think my definition of "value" is different than Disney's
Movies has always been the most expensive all stars resort, probably why they chose to open that one first. Hoping one of the others re-opens before August though still a saving of £800 over our 19 nights if we swap from cbr. Without the free dining we’ve always been happy staying at all stars in the past.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
So the other half as added on 2 days at pop century to our booking at music next December. We will be getting a new booking reference. How does a split stay look in the app, how long has it taken for the change to appear in the app or have you had to do it yourself? Will I need to rebook park days?
We added 2 days to our Disney stay and switched to the YC- went to link booking and currently all our theme park reservations stand, though we were told we’d have to book them again. I’ll just keep checking in case they disappear.
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jojo_3596 View Post
We added 2 days to our Disney stay and switched to the YC- went to link booking and currently all our theme park reservations stand, though we were told we’d have to book them again. I’ll just keep checking in case they disappear.
Did you manually have to link your booking again or did it appear by itself?
Old 23 Oct 20, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Ok, confirmation email has the original reference number for my music reservation which is linked in MDE & a new reference number for the 2 pop days added today. If i try and link the pop booking reference number, will that make a mess of the booking in the MDE app?
Old 24 Oct 20, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
When is POR re-opening? I know someone who's interested in staying there. I've checked the Disney website and can't find a date on there.
I don't know if POR will open next summer although the fact they have now added All Star Movies now gives me some hope.

Perhaps they'll open up some resorts on a short term basis as demand increases for those particular months.

Who knows at this stage?
I am booked at POR for 5 nights with 21 day ults.
If I re-book at another mod resort for 7 days, I can get the new offer and it works out cheaper but i will have to give up my 21 day tix, I was going to change them to AP anyway when I got to Disney BUT on day 19 or 20 so as I could get the benefit of my 21 day advance park reservations but it looks like I'll have to give that up and make do with 14 days THEN change to AP Gold (DVC discount).

Its worth it for me to change now whilst there's still availability!
BUT I HATE the thoughts of not going to POR especially as Jambo House is not open either and we have 2 weeks booked there on DVC points. It wont be the same if there's no food offerings! Not sure what to do about that. Just hoping they might at least open up The Mara.

Edit to say; I've never been to Saana, so that would be a new experience. However whole point of staying at Jambo was that everything near to hand and not much walking as my mobility isn't great and a 1/2 day in the parks is enough for me nowadays!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM

Edited at 06:14 PM.
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
In (September) 2010 we got Riverside for just over £100 per night including quick service as part of a Thompson package !
Times change !
That was 10 years ago though. And I bet you thought it was expensive at the time.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List