Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 11 Jan 09, 01:01 AM  
Link to this Post
tinks_friend
Apprentice Imagineer

Once again worldwide travel have come up trumps for me as hubby has too many serious conditions,and they outquoted everyone £200, when all others wanted at least £700
tinks_friend is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 09, 01:03 AM  
Link to this Post

We also used World Wide Travel cost £240 others wanted £600.

Jean
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 09, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Thomsork
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Big Nige View Post
My son Charlie has Spina Bifida and is in a wheelchair most times, my 4 year old son Ted has ADHD and Autism and my daughter Sasha 15 has ADD and Dyslexia and we're looking for cover. We have had Travel Insurance, my wife usually gets it, but she's unable to find any this year.

I was wondering if anyone could be of any help, and recommend any insurers?
Hi Nige,

We used Fortis and got the annual insurance as we had 2 trips in a 12 month period, it cost £125 for 4 people and we weren't loaded for Adam who has spina bifida and hydrocephalus. Provided you haven't had a recent inpatient visit then yours may not be loaded either.

fortisinsurance/pol...-lines/travel/

As you well know they will put you through to another department and ask you the usual medical questions.

Good luck

Ray.

Edited at 09:32 PM.
Thomsork is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 09, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
tnkrbell
Imagineer

tnkrbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 13
Guidebook Reviews: 1
My DS and DPs use AIB travel insurance. Am not 100% certain what the cost is. They get yearly ones and have never had problems with cover my DS who has SB&H
I myself use Jardine Lloyd Thompson Insurance and it costs about 65e could be less. That price as well is a yearly offer

November Pre Trippie
Our Happily Ever After 29/10/2014 Cypress Grove Estate House Wedding Day Report
2 weeks of offsites/onsites food report
tnkrbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 09, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We use Free Spirit.

free-spirit/

DS21 has acromegaly (Endocrine condition). It can cause heart disease and diabetes, but he doesn't have either as he was diagnosed very young and is on correct treatment & monitoring. The important thing with them seems to be whether or not someone has been in hospital in past 6 months - then they might put the price up, but usually the price is not too bad.

The whole family can be covered under the same policy even if the others don't have any medical conditions.
Old 13 Jan 09, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
tnkrbell
Imagineer

tnkrbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 13
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Generally if you get an annual policy it will cover you world wide

November Pre Trippie
Our Happily Ever After 29/10/2014 Cypress Grove Estate House Wedding Day Report
2 weeks of offsites/onsites food report
tnkrbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 09, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
elliemay
Imagineer

Id go with axa, my mil has just had a heart stent put in last July and flew out to florida in sept. She had been quoted upto a ridiculous £3000 from one insurer, then went to axa on another matter and happend to ask did they do holiday insurance and they said yes she explained her illnesses and the stent and they said fine its a bit dear £120 ok, she paid it there and then
Old 18 Jan 09, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Thomsork
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Big Nige View Post
We had an inpatient visit in September, with youngest DS, but was 4 months ago, will be going in 9 months.

Thanks Ray
Found these guys very helpful. May use these in future visits.

Going to Canada in November, would they cover that also?
Get the annual policy mate.

Ray
Thomsork is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 09, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Thomsork View Post
Hi Nige,

We used Fortis and got the annual insurance as we had 2 trips in a 12 month period, it cost £125 for 4 people and we weren't loaded for Adam who has spina bifida and hydrocephalus. Provided you haven't had a recent inpatient visit then yours may not be loaded either.

fortisinsurance/pol...-lines/travel/

As you well know they will put you through to another department and ask you the usual medical questions.

Good luck

Ray.
Ray how did you get a quote from Fotis I can't get a contact number and the website says borkers only

having just phoned Norwich Union which was India then they said can't insure your son , do you want to go ahead :angry: eh NO !

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 09, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Thomsork
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
Ray how did you get a quote from Fotis I can't get a contact number and the website says borkers only

having just phoned Norwich Union which was India then they said can't insure your son , do you want to go ahead :angry: eh NO !
Hi there,
Ring them on this number: 0845 122 3296 quoting the scheme code CT1, for special needs insurance.

It is a UK phone operator which will make it easy enough for you. They are quite straight forward and no messing about.

Hope this helps

Ray

Tags
medical conditions, special needs, travel insurance