Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 14 May 17, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Peachy pot
Proud to wear my Ears

Hope you have a great time . I love New York, it's so vibrant.
Here's our fave eateries.

Ellen's stardust diner is fantastic. The food is just ok but the atmosphere and talent of the staff makes it such a special experience . So much fun!
Stay away from the chocolate coke. Yuck!

La Pain Quotidien in Central Park. Great place for a coffee, a rest and a little bit of people watching. We also had a wonderful banoffee tart and delicious Apple turnover here

Sajou French bistro. Just off Times Square (44th street) . Lovely breakfast here, very laid back and friendly. Quick service and nice, hot food and gorgeous freshly squeezed orange juice
Can't comment on anything other than the breakfast but the lunch/evening menu did look good.

Juniors. I love a slice of cheesecake. Only trouble is trying to choose which one . They also do really nice burgers , sandwiches etc.
It's usually really busy

Cranberry deli (45th street) . We had yummy, enormous bagels here for breakfast.
We also tried food on an evening and they had a jazz trio playing next to the seating area which was lovely.
There was a lot of choice and they do take out

I also had a hot dog in Battery park which is the best hot dog I've ever had. The vendor asked me how I wanted it, pink or well done! First and only time I've ever been asked that!
It was superb. 👍

Another highlight was a picnic in Central Park on my daughters birthday. We just picked what we wanted from a nearby deli and spread a blanket out . Great day, great food , great memory.

I want to go back now !
Old 14 May 17, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
Nice to see Front St Pizza get a mention, I recommended it on here years ago as an alternative to Grimaldis and always recommend it in my food tips for NY. Great pizza and great value
You were the one who sent us here!

Thanks for that, was great!
Old 14 May 17, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
my preference is to use googlemaps and have saved a map in my google drive. I will just access via the plentiful wifi there, or will follow the use it offline option given in this blog. Not tried the latter yet, but worth a go !

plus if you look at eater in ny for example they have lots of google maps already loaded so I just dump theirs into mine, similarly transportation / metro maps etc.

Will then work out my daily travels based on what I want to see where. That is the plan anyway

Lots of people like Ulmon. I didnt really get on with it to be honest - seems a bit gimmicky and inaccurate for me (POIs etc) - i suspect i was doing something wrong !
Thank you so much for that. I was faffing about with Google maps yesterday and I noticed that every location I searched for stayed on the map. I was wondering how I would print all that area on one sheet of paper

That link is super useful, only a month to go, I better get cracking adding all my bits and pieces!

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 17, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

Thanks for all these recommendations.
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List