Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 1 Nov 17, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Chelsea01
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Sounds great - lots of us off to New England next summer!
We are looking into it also flying into Boston for 3-4 nights then New Hampshire & Maine in August Who are you all looking to fly with?
Chelsea01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 17, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chelsea01 View Post
We are looking into it also flying into Boston for 3-4 nights then New Hampshire & Maine in August Who are you all looking to fly with?
We are not in the UK (south of France) and are flying with TAP via Lisbon!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 17, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Macca04 View Post
Sounds fab, how many nights is that in total we are looking at around 17. Just researching driving distances now.
I squeezed it out to 20 nights in the end! 😉
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 17, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Chelsea01 View Post
We've booked through virgin Atlantic (one way is a code share with delta though), as they were the cheapest. I wanted to book with Norwegian as they were fantastic to Florida this year and generally very cheap, but I missed their cheapest price as DH didn't have his leave authorised in time, so I ended up with Virgin and it was roughly the same price as NA, but with more baggage (I'd of only paid for two cases with Norwegian, but with VA there will be four between us). 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 17, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
some great ideas there - far too much to choose from on East Cost of USA
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 17, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Macca04
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
I squeezed it out to 20 nights in the end! 😉
Yes I’d like 20 but don’t think
I could squeeze the extra days from work. And I want to come home on the Friday so that I have a full day Sunday to recover before going back on the Monday 🙄.

I have air miles with Virgin to pay for the flights, I have enough for PE return but would I be better just to go Economy as it’s a relatively short long haul flight and save the miles to use for PE to the West Coast in a couple of years?
Macca04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 17, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
vanilla8
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

just done New England.
5 nights in Boston,
1 in Kennebunkport (lobster roll here was lovely)
2 in Portland (lovely)
5 in North Conway (white mountains - lots of places to visit - and no sales tax, there is a nice shopping outlet here!)
1 night in Vermont (need to go back here - looked lovely driving through it)
3 nights in cape cod (Hyannis) we did the day ferry to Martha’s Vineyard - great place
vanilla8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 17, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
vanilla8
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Macca04 View Post
Yes I’d like 20 but don’t think
I could squeeze the extra days from work. And I want to come home on the Friday so that I have a full day Sunday to recover before going back on the Monday 🙄.

I have air miles with Virgin to pay for the flights, I have enough for PE return but would I be better just to go Economy as it’s a relatively short long haul flight and save the miles to use for PE to the West Coast in a couple of years?

Yes such a short flight, return flight was around 6 hours!
vanilla8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 17, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Macca04
Imagineer

Mobile

[QUOTE=vanilla8;12930924]just done New England.
5 nights in Boston,
1 in Kennebunkport (lobster roll here was lovely)
2 in Portland (lovely)
5 in North Conway (white mountains - lots of places to visit - and no sales tax, there is a nice shopping outlet here!)
1 night in Vermont (need to go back here - looked lovely driving through it)
3 nights in cape cod (Hyannis) we did the day ferry to Martha’s Vineyard - great place[/QUOTE

At the moment I have planned
4 night New York
2 nights Boston
3 nights White Mountains
3 nights a Green Mountains
4 nights Cape Cod

Not sure yet, but think 5 different stops is about right. And really want to do New York.
Macca04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 17, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I've just booked miles PE outward flights to Boston for 2 October
We plan:
3 nights Boston
4 nights Jackson - White Mountains
3 nights Green Mountains
Loving this thread & all your recommendations & ideas x