Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 1 Sep 18, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
folkie
Loves sailing in the sun!

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 170
Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Is it possible to get a ferry from Dubrovnik to the smaller islands too? Or Corsica by ferry from Croatia?

I hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday Folkie, it sounds blissful. Thanks for taking time to reply 😊
It’s wonderful! And yes I’m sure there are ferries from Dubrovnik to the Dalmatian islands although we don’t use them due to sailing ourselves. I’m not sure how far north they go from there, it might be a different network from Split/Trogir.

The Krka National Park is amazing, we were swimming in the falls there a couple of days ago. If you go get there as early as you can, we got the 8am ferry from Skradin where we were moored up, and were among the first visitors of the day so have some beautiful photos. There’s a beautiful circular walk up around the top of the falls and down the other side, takes about an hour or maybe longer if you take as many photo breaks as we did 😊
91 Brittany 92 Scotland 93 France 94 France 95 Dartmouth 96 Moved house 97 Terra Mare (Greece) 98 Swanage 99 Yedi Tepe (Turkey) 00 Canada/Tunisia 01 Ottawa, Antigua/Bitez 02 DLP/Cornwall 03 Antigua/Gower 04 Ottawa/Croatia/Vendee 05 BVI/Hurghada 06 Javelin (Turkey) 07 Perili (Turkey) 08 Orlando 09 Rosas 10 Orlando 11 Les Deux Alpes 12 Morocco 13 Brittany 14 Vassiliki 15 Orlando 16 DLP/New England/Ottawa 17 Ionian
folkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 18, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by folkie View Post
We flew EasyJet to Split. We’re on flotilla, doing two separate one week ones with Sunsail (Krka last week, Hvar from tomorrow) because our daughter is a teacher so had to fly home today, so we had to come back to Marina Agana to drop her off.

We could bareboat as we’re both qualified skippers with a fair amount of experience, but like flotillas because of the extra support and guaranteed space at the quay or mooring ball. Otherwise in high season you sometimes have to be into harbour by three or four o’clock if you don’t have a reserved space.
Thank you. That's really helpful. Will look at sunsail.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 18, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I would have thought it would take too long to get all the way round Italy to Corsica.

You can get to/from Venice from Pula area quite easily though.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 18, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
folkie
Loves sailing in the sun!

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 170
Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Thank you. That's really helpful. Will look at sunsail.
If you don’t sail you can have a trainer on your boat and do an ICC practical course during the flotilla (then do the theory part at home), or book a skipper for your holiday. It’s not cheap though! One person on the boat must have either RYA Day Skipper or the ICC to sail in Croatia.
91 Brittany 92 Scotland 93 France 94 France 95 Dartmouth 96 Moved house 97 Terra Mare (Greece) 98 Swanage 99 Yedi Tepe (Turkey) 00 Canada/Tunisia 01 Ottawa, Antigua/Bitez 02 DLP/Cornwall 03 Antigua/Gower 04 Ottawa/Croatia/Vendee 05 BVI/Hurghada 06 Javelin (Turkey) 07 Perili (Turkey) 08 Orlando 09 Rosas 10 Orlando 11 Les Deux Alpes 12 Morocco 13 Brittany 14 Vassiliki 15 Orlando 16 DLP/New England/Ottawa 17 Ionian
folkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 18, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by folkie View Post
It’s wonderful! And yes I’m sure there are ferries from Dubrovnik to the Dalmatian islands although we don’t use them due to sailing ourselves. I’m not sure how far north they go from there, it might be a different network from Split/Trogir.

The Krka National Park is amazing, we were swimming in the falls there a couple of days ago. If you go get there as early as you can, we got the 8am ferry from Skradin where we were moored up, and were among the first visitors of the day so have some beautiful photos. There’s a beautiful circular walk up around the top of the falls and down the other side, takes about an hour or maybe longer if you take as many photo breaks as we did 😊
The national park sounds gorgeous. The walk will definitely take us ages, our daughter is a keen photographer and takes thousands of photos everywhere we go, so she will love that 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 18, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
I would have thought it would take too long to get all the way round Italy to Corsica.

You can get to/from Venice from Pula area quite easily though.
We loved our time in Venice this year so could be tempted to go back for a day from Croatia.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 18, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Let me know how it goes 😀. Where are you staying? I had a look this morning at resort areas and it all looked beautiful but I was confused over where was the best area to stay.

Hope you have a lovely holiday
We booked a short break flying to Dubrovnik from Southend with EasyJet. We are only going for 3 nights but I'm sure I will want to go back. Accomodation on booking.com a nice apartment at the base of the cable car. Also booked the airport shuttle online. I can't wait x
Old 2 Sep 18, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
jheaton
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Hi,DH and I did a Croatia trip in September 2016- it was fab

We normally have a car on holiday but fancied a change

We flew to Split from Manchester,stayed 3 nights

Ferry to Hvar,4 nights

Ferry to Korcula,2 nights

Ferry to Dubrovnik,4 nights then flew back to Manchester from there

Booked hotels or apartments(to have a washing machine as we backpacked at 57!)

Lovely people stunning country
1995 OKW/1997 Villa/ Gulf /2000 Villa/Rotunda /2002 Villa/Rotunda/2004 Southern Dunes/ AMI/2006 West Stonebridge/2007 Bradenton/2009 Sandy Ridge/2011Sandy Ridge/ AMI /2012SSR/2012Esprit/2013 SSR/2013 2wks AMI/2014 AMI/2015 OKW/2015 AMI/2016 AMI/ Bonita Springs/2017 2weeks Bellavida/2018 AMI/2019 Bonita Springs and Universal/2022 Gulf Coast Hurricane Ian/2023POFQ
jheaton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 18, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Many years ago in the days it was Yugoslavia, we spent many happy times in HVAR. Was a beautiful family resort even then , so sad what followed during and after the wars there
Had holidays in Split, Dubrovic and surrounding area. always wanted to go back.
No beaches as rocky outlets but the swimming , surrounded by fish in clear waters is fabulous.
HVAR has lavender fields all around the small island , and the smells are amazing
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 18, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jheaton View Post
Hi,DH and I did a Croatia trip in September 2016- it was fab

We normally have a car on holiday but fancied a change

We flew to Split from Manchester,stayed 3 nights

Ferry to Hvar,4 nights

Ferry to Korcula,2 nights

Ferry to Dubrovnik,4 nights then flew back to Manchester from there

Booked hotels or apartments(to have a washing machine as we backpacked at 57!)

Lovely people stunning country
This sounds a great way to see lots. We like to explore the area we visit too so may look into doing a similar route as you have. Is English spoken and understood well? Always find it's useful if travelling around 😀. Are signs etc at ferry ports multi-lingual and easy to understand?