Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 17 Nov 18, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Libby29
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Lanzarote is my fave, have been 8/9 times to both Lanzarote and Tenerife (patents had a timeshare in Tenerife) but have always preferred Lanzarote. The beaches are beautiful, we usually stay in Puerto del carmen but always hire a car & drive to Playa Blanca, the little beach down by the marina is our fave, a real locals beach, great for snorkelling!
Are timeshare hustling still rife over there
Old 17 Nov 18, 01:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Mobile

Been to them all more times than I can remember but prefer Fuerteventura out of them all - beautiful island. Having said that whilst I find Tenerife abs Gran Canaria busier than the other two - I think they are all touristy tbh in their own way with English brekkie places and ‘commercial centres’ . I hated P del Carmen in Lanzarote funnily enough. A long promenade was not my idea of picturesque although the old town was pretty. My friends swear by playa Blanca although I’ve not been. Costa Adeje in Tenerife lovely as is Peurto Morgan and Meloneras in Gran Canaria - stay clear of playa del Ingles. Having said all that - i love a really nice hotel in the Canaries in the winter x
And too many canary/Balearic island visits to list
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 18, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by anniee View Post
Thanks for all advice. We have booked a villa on the outskirts of Playa Blanca x
We love Playa Blanca in Lanzarote.
There's a nice promenade for a walk and the Rubicon marina is lovely with some nice shops.
We booked last week for March at the Sandos Papagayo.
Old 17 Nov 18, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
There's a nice promenade for a walk and the Rubicon marina is lovely with some nice shops.
We are also booked for March! It will be our fifth stay which makes me laugh as we never usually return anywhere but this place has something about it which keeps pulling us back 😀
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 18, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
anniee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
We are also booked for March! It will be our fifth stay which makes me laugh as we never usually return anywhere but this place has something about it which keeps pulling us back 😀
Our villa is in the area just behind Sandos Papagayo. Tbh I almost booked there but the private pool at the villa came out trumps. We go 22 feb - 1st march.
Old 17 Nov 18, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
leenkerri
Imagineer

Mobile

Snap. Because of you. See you there 😁

Lee: QIP 1990; Fantasy world villas 1992; QIP 1996
Lee & Kerri: QIP 2008; QIP/AKL 2009; POR 2010; QIP/SSR 2011
leenkerri is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Originally Posted by leenkerri View Post
Snap. Because of you. See you there 😁
Ha ha! No way! What dates are you going?
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa-72
Imagineer

Lisa-72's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mrs dee View Post
Been to them all more times than I can remember but prefer Fuerteventura out of them all - beautiful island. Having said that whilst I find Tenerife abs Gran Canaria busier than the other two - I think they are all touristy tbh in their own way with English brekkie places and ‘commercial centres’ . I hated P del Carmen in Lanzarote funnily enough. A long promenade was not my idea of picturesque although the old town was pretty. My friends swear by playa Blanca although I’ve not been. Costa Adeje in Tenerife lovely as is Peurto Morgan and Meloneras in Gran Canaria - stay clear of playa del Ingles. Having said all that - i love a really nice hotel in the Canaries in the winter x
Love Fuerteventura, been going since 1992, only ever stayed in Caleta. Going back in September for our honeymoon.

Sssshhhh it was a secret, March 2010 Econo Lodge 1st Visit
Lisa-72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
It's been recommended by a lady in work, we've never stayed in the Papagayo before we usually go to the Rubicon Palace but the price has doubled since the refurbishment
What date are you there?
We are staying 17th-31st March
Old 20 Nov 18, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

It's been recommended by a lady in work, we've never stayed in the Papagayo before we usually go to the Rubicon Palace but the price has doubled since the refurbishment
What date are you there?
We are staying 17th-31st March
We will slightly overlap - 12th to the 19th for us

I have often fancied the Rubicon Palace but not at those prices! We walked almost as far as the Rubicon Palace in October - it's quite far out isn't it? The good thing about the Sandos Papagayo is its location to the lovely marina - still a 20 minute walk but a nice one. I would say that upgrading to Royal Elite is worth it but don't worry if you haven't upgraded, it's still nice

Can I ask - was it you that stayed in the Rosen Plaza earlier this year? I recall a Welsh Dibber being there but I can't quite remember who.