Mobile Villa without a car?

Are there villas you can go to without a car or does it not exist
Amy1989 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve alway used a car when doing a villa stay. I would definitely stay without one now though - Uber/Lyft are great out there and if you stayed in a community closer to the parks (if doing them) it’d probably cost the same as you’d pay in car hire (based on 2 week stay)
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
You can go to any villa without a car. None really have access to public transport though so it would be taxis or Uber. Personally I wouldn’t rent a villa without a car, it would be too much hassle if you just wanted to nip out for ice cream etc.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 19, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

I personally don't think I'd want to be in a villa without a car, although you could uber everywhere.
Old 20 Dec 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
PerksP
Imagineer

I personally wouldn't but we have had a couple of families stay at our house this year who have happily relied on uber and said it worked for them. I guess it depends how much you want to get out and about and how much flexibility you would need.
PerksP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 19, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Not for me either. I like to get in a car and go, not waiting around for a taxi to turn up.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 19, 06:46 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYALI
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by boltyboy View Post
Not for me either. I like to get in a car and go, not waiting around for a taxi to turn up.
Totally agree with this I like the flexibility of a car if I feel like I want to pop to the shops, out for a meal ect...
DISNEYALI is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 19, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Pixiebelle
VIP Dibber

As already mentioned by a few others it is possible to stay in a villa and rely on Uber/Lyft as we have had guests stay before who have done exactly that. We always have a car when we stay but that is generally so we can pop out and pick up supplies if we are doing any maintenance. Everything is easy enough if you plan for it.

Luxury 4 bedroom 2 bathroom pool home with Gamesroom. Free wi-fi, cable TV in all rooms, covered lanai - 8 miles from Disney.

60inch TV in Living Room
Xbox One with 37inch TV and games
40inch TV's in bedrooms
Refurbished pool with colour changing lights and a friendly dolphin to swim with.

Guest Reviews: http://www.mydisneyfloridavilla.co.uk/3127/3257.html

Pixiebelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

I think you’d have to be very careful with the villa location. Having just stayed in Davenport the journey time to the parks was quite long and we did out of interest look for Uber once or twice, and the nearest cars were never close by. So I’d suggest you choose a very well located villa - but that often means you’ll be paying more anyway.
Old 21 Dec 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
familybell
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Last time we used Uber all the time, although not in a villa but I would consider it, I think if you tend to go out and that’s you for the day it’ll work great but if you plan on spending time at the villa and popping back and forward to Parks, shops, restaurants etc it might not be so ideal, we found Uber very cheap and reliable and never waited any more than 5/10 mins, dropped off at entrances, so no long walks and ques to the car parks, also no stress of driving if your not a keen driver and the bonus of pint with your meal.
familybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List