Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 6 Jan 20, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Sorry to jump on the thread. Have seen a few replies about all the different food options and just hopping to DS for food if not in the parks.
Is this on the QSDP? We'r still dithering on TS or QS

TIA
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Simon & Suzann View Post
Sorry to jump on the thread. Have seen a few replies about all the different food options and just hopping to DS for food if not in the parks.

TIA
Is what on QSDP?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Is what on QSDP?
The different food options that people are mentioning. Do i need to re-word what i've written do you think?
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Griff
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I have stayed at quite a few different resorts now and will be returning to POFQ again this year, the resort is smaller which is great as your never more than a couple of minutes from the food hall, the food is ok pretty standard for QS we mostly eat in the Parks or DS though, theming is nice. As others noted the boat and the bus run to Disney springs and I personally can’t fault Disney transport, once in a while there’s a delay but it’s nothing like parking lots! Also it opens the option of drinking whilst in the parks.
Griff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Griff
VIP Dibber

Mobile

TIA
There are both Quick service locations and Table service locations in DS, you could use a tool like this distripplanner/ to calculate if it’s worth upgrading your dining plan or paying OOP
Griff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Minicooper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ah80207 View Post
We’ve never stayed onsite before and I’ve been so invested in making sure this trip is perfect that I can’t seem to see the wood for the trees! I keep changing our hotel then worrying I’ve done the wrong thing. We are currently booked into POFQ. We prefer a smaller resort that’s easier to navigate which is why we switched from CBR to this one. But I would really like to hear from anyone who has stayed at POFQ who can reassure me about why they enjoyed it as I keep reading things that put me off. Mainly about the food (dd1 is veggie and dd2 very fussy and neither eat fish) and also about waiting hours for buses, no buses to other resorts etc. DH wanted a villa and car as we’ve always done before and he won’t like it if the transport is unreliable. Help don’t know what to do! 🤦🏻
I haven't read everyone's replies ...

we have stayed at both resorts and I preferred POFQ very easy to navigate around the resort and we loved the boats to Disney Springs. Never had a problem with the buses and as far as I'm aware you cant get buses from one resort to another. I'm a vegetarian and didn't have any issues with food at the resort always found something to eat and you can always eat in the parks, at another resort or at Disney Springs.
Old 7 Jan 20, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

TIA
Both resorts have decent QS places so you are doubling your choices to some other resorts for QS. There is just one TS at Riverside. Disney Springs has loads of both QS and TS and is an easy boat ride (not necessarily fast) from both resorts so arguably opening up easy access to many more food options.
Old 9 Jan 20, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
mummyroo1
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Stated at FQ 2 years ago, absolutely loved it. Small, quiet, good pool and never too busy. Boat ride to Springs a lovely bonus. Buses were absolutely fine during our trip but then in 3 onsite stays now I have always been impressed by the free transport. We stayed at CBR the year before and loved that too, but the size of FQ and proximity to the Springs meant we preferred it.
mummyroo1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List