Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 Feb 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile Royal Pacific over Hard Rock?

Hi all,

We are looking to book Hard Rock hotel for two nights over Christmas, but it’s over £100 more expensive than the same two nights in the Royal Pacific.

We’ve stayed in all three hotels before, but have stayed in Portofino and Hard Rock a lot more than Royal Pacific (we’ve only stayed there once, years ago, for one night and I can’t honestly remember much about it other than it seemed a longer and not as pleasant a walk to the parks than from hard rock).

DH really wants to return to Hard Rock, and it’s mainly because we will have one lazy morning where he wants us to have the buffet breakfast in the Kitchen which we love - I’m just wondering if anyone has had the island buffet breakfast at the Royal Pacific and how does it compare to the Hard Rock one?

Also, for those of you who have stayed at both resorts - can you tell me why you love Royal Pacific more?

Thank you! 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Buffet in the islands is lovely. More tropical though.

RPR is slightly smaller rooms so a bit more of a squeeze if 5 of you.

Bit further to walk and generally less full on that HRH imho.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post

It is not further to walk than HRH, I have seen this before and checked google maps walking. HRH is closer to US (0.4 miles) and RPR is closer to IoA (0.4miles). And both RPR to US and HRH to IoA are 0.6 miles. The walk from RPR is along the river bank and completely pleasant.

We loved a RPR due to location, we walked to the parks and back twice a day every day for a week. In December we are trying out HRH though as it is the one of the three we haven’t been to yet.
Old 26 Feb 20, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We’ve stayed in both and we both prefer RPR.
We found HRH a bit too noisy for us and much prefer the more laid back feel of RPR.
Never done the breakfast as we always stay in club level
Old 26 Feb 20, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
We've also stayed in both HRH and RPR and much preferred RPR. Found Hard Rock far too noisy, not helped by a pool view room which I didn't like. Love the pool at the Royal Pacific for its tropical feel so if your lazy morning includes lounging around the pool, then I'd definitely pick RPR over HRH. Can't comment on the buffet breakfast though as I've never had it.

Debra
Old 26 Feb 20, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

We have stayed in both and I like rpr more than hrs. Having said that we are at the hrh in May! Only because we need a suite and they are bigger at hrh otherwise I would definitely go for rpr.
It’s just calmer, doesn’t feel as noisy. Pool is nicer. Although hrh does have a slide.
LLamb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

To me RPR has a more relaxed feeling and somehow feels cooler (temperature wise). I prefer the rooms in hrh as they feel brighter but to be honest I’d go with whatever is cheaper as they are both nice and offer the same perks. Hrh is definitely closer when walking as if you don’t care for the views you can cut through the car park and cut your distance in half.. Do you have Tesco clubcard vouchers or Avios to use, we’ve done this and picked up a room for virtually nothing.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Stayed in both and much prefer RPR. Found HR to be a bit cold and a bit too cool. Whereas I am desperate to actual go to the South Pacific and RPR is as close as I’m getting for a little while.
Old 26 Feb 20, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
yogadeb
Imagineer

Great post , we was thinking of staying at HR but think we will stick with our usual choice of RPR... only thing I dislike about it is the amount of smokers standing near the pool area puffing away as you come down the stairs and out . It stinks !

We allways stay at club level and find the staff at RPR so friendly . Not sure about HR club level as never stayed . We was thinking about changing so I’ll be following this thread.

Don’t really fancy it as a few have said it’s too noisy at HR and I agree with others saying that RPR is quiet and relaxing around pool ...very tropical feel so that’s our preference atm..

Quality inn international(now plaza) - 2004
All star movies -2005
Pop century -2007
Port Orleans riverside -2012
Royal Pacific and Beach club-2015
Royal Pacific and Animal kingdom lodge -2017

Edited at 10:20 AM.
yogadeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post

I have never been to HRH before as I thought it would be too noisy for us. Anyway we decided to give it a try, but I am worrying a bit now. Oh well, only two nights.