Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Oct 20, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
JMisery
Getting Excited

Mobile Disney/Universal 2021 Refunds

Hey everyone,

I've been hovering over the 'book' button for both Disney and Universal for the past couple of days.

I'm planning on heading out there at the end of September 2021 for two weeks.
However I'm a bit concerned about Disney/Universal refunds.

Does anyone have any info/a link to what their policies are right now?
I usually just put a deposit down and clear the balance just before the due date, however I would love to just pay them both off right now to get it off my chest.

Thank you in advance
JMisery is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

I admit I am not up to date on Disney / Universal cancellation policies for late September 2021 onwards.

Just one comment - late September is slap-bang in the middle of hurricane season, so travel at this time is not without risk of disruption, even in the event that Covid-19 is no longer with us (which seems unlikely at present).

And for what it's worth - yes, I got caught out with Irma, but was lucky to fly hime two days early to avoid it.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
JMisery
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
I admit I am not up to date on Disney / Universal cancellation policies for late September 2021 onwards.

Just one comment - late September is slap-bang in the middle of hurricane season, so travel at this time is not without risk of disruption, even in the event that Covid-19 is no longer with us (which seems unlikely at present).

And for what it's worth - yes, I got caught out with Irma, but was lucky to fly hime two days early to avoid it.
Thank you for the heads up about hurricane season. I've been over there during this before so that doesn't concern or worry me.
I was just more curious about the due date of payment. I wondered if you can cancel for a full refund if it's before the due date, which is usually 60 days before your arrival.
JMisery is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
I’m booked for Feb 2021 (rebooked from May 2020). When I called on Thursday about my booking I was told I could cancel up to 7 days prior to arrival and receive a full refund. I imagine this would cover 2021 since they don’t know what the situation is going to be. They’ve been pretty good with their cancellations and refunds.
Old 20 Oct 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Are you talking about just hotels? I've booked Universal Sapphire Falls next September direct with Universal. The deposit is one night's room cost and the balance is payable there, not in advance. The deposit is refunded if cancelled up to 5 days before arrival.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
JMisery
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Are you talking about just hotels? I've booked Universal Sapphire Falls next September direct with Universal. The deposit is one night's room cost and the balance is payable there, not in advance. The deposit is refunded if cancelled up to 5 days before arrival.
I was referring to both Disney and Universal!
Univeral - just the hotel.
Disney - two week package, both hotel and tickets

Edited at 04:09 PM.
Old 21 Oct 20, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
TerryYa
Excited about Disney

For Universal this year I booked with Expedia/Ebookers as one of the usually has 10% cashback. They offer the option of either paying the one night up front or paying it all. Cancellation is free and easily done online.
TerryYa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

Just a warning on park tickets. If you've booked them as part of a package you should be fine on the refund front.

However, if you've bought them separately (e.g. from one of the UK based ticket websites) you may not get all the money back. A relative had booked to go over easter this year so obviously had the holiday cancelled. She was told her tickets would be valid up to the dates in 2021 that Disney & Universal were extending them to. 4 of the party were happy with this as they hope to visit next year, but 2 of them wanted a refund as they could not see themselves going next year. The company would only refund 75% of the cost of these tickets.

Check the small print!
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List