Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Oct 20, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sophsters
slightly serious Dibber

Such a difference in prices? BA, TUI & Virgin

Im still waiting on my dates being available to book but have been checking everyday with BA, TUi and Virgin. Doing the same dates with all 3, for 4 adults mostly flying from london with return flights and the basic villa with a pool are:

BA £2872 (thats flights from Inverness - london -MCO)
TUi £4016
Virgin £4616!

Why are they so different?

Cumbrian Lakes 2014
Glenbrook 2017
sophsters is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sophsters View Post
Im still waiting on my dates being available to book but have been checking everyday with BA, TUi and Virgin. Doing the same dates with all 3, for 4 adults mostly flying from london with return flights and the basic villa with a pool are:

BA £2872 (thats flights from Inverness - london -MCO)
TUi £4016
Virgin £4616!

Why are they so different?
Flying from Inverness reduces the taxes so your comparison would be different if you included BA from London. What would the price be if you added that journey into the equation?
DisneyCupcake is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sunkisser
Imagineer

I’m finding the same flying from London with a fly drive. Tui and Virgin are extortionate prices atm! Very tempted to book with BA. Just waiting for hubby’s dates to be confirmed too 🙄
Old 20 Oct 20, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sophsters
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
Flying from Inverness reduces the taxes so your comparison would be different if you included BA from London. What would the price be if you added that journey into the equation?
I suppose its not a fair comparison, we'd have to get easyjet to London if we wanted to fly from home, flights with all 3 from Edinburgh or Glasgow are higher, but again BA come out much cheaper

Cumbrian Lakes 2014
Glenbrook 2017
sophsters is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Does my matter why ? Just book the cheapest !
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparky0309
Proud to wear my Ears

We just booked flight and car combined from gla to Orlando via London with BA, most flights last 7 years TO Florida have been BA sometimes Orlando sometimes Miami but always worked out cheaper than anyone else, except for September flight this year direct gla to mco with virgin for £500 but that was a lucky flight price I got, although not that lucky in the end up, didn’t get to go and took 4 months for a refund
Sparky0309 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney45
slightly serious Dibber

We mainly use BA as being up north they offer connecting flights from Aberdeen or Inverness next year the added bonus of going through Heathrow so no Airport change we have never paid more than £2500 for a flydrive or flights + hotel that’s usually July or October for 4 of us next year we got 3 weeks flydrive from Inverness for £2600 for 5 adults in July. We have never had a problem with them and like the fact that they have to get us to our final destination unlike KLM last we got dumped in Glasgow Not Aberdeen and had to find our own way home 😤
2019 dibb villa @ watersong & Hardrock Hotel
2017 Terra Verde villa & CSR
2016 Sapphire Falls & PORS
2015 All Stars Music
2014 Sol Costa Dorada, Salou
2013 POFQ
Disney45 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sophsters
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Disney45 View Post
We mainly use BA as being up north they offer connecting flights from Aberdeen or Inverness next year the added bonus of going through Heathrow so no Airport change we have never paid more than £2500 for a flydrive or flights + hotel that’s usually July or October for 4 of us next year we got 3 weeks flydrive from Inverness for £2600 for 5 adults in July. We have never had a problem with them and like the fact that they have to get us to our final destination unlike KLM last we got dumped in Glasgow Not Aberdeen and had to find our own way home 😤
Definitely a bonus being able to fly from my closest airport. We flew with BA last time we went and yes couldn't fault them, I think we will be booking with them again for 2021... just need to wait a week for our dates to be released

Cumbrian Lakes 2014
Glenbrook 2017
Old 21 Oct 20, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Whilst prices are clearly a driving factor in buying tickets, I would also take careful account in these uncertain times of how the various competitors have treated their customers when it has come to refunds due to Covid.

BA refunded me in 8 days including the weekend when my flight was cancelled in March... That for me would make for an extremely easy decision.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Whilst prices are clearly a driving factor in buying tickets, I would also take careful account in these uncertain times of how the various competitors have treated their customers when it has come to refunds due to Covid.

BA refunded me in 8 days including the weekend when my flight was cancelled in March... That for me would make for an extremely easy decision.
Agreed; 3 US trips with BA cancelled so far this year; will be 4 as our Christmas trip won’t be happening.

In all cases, the money has been back with us within 5 days; with 1 of those, got an email to advise that my refund was being processed before I even had a chance to contact them to ask for a refund!
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List