Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 23 Oct 06, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by Bozza
Never been to the Dominican Republic myself and, being blunt, the prices put me off as every advert for the Dominican Republic seems to say something like "4* All Inclusive 14 nights £599" or something similar.

Try getting a decent hotel of that standard in Antigua, Barbados, St Lucia or Jamaica and you'll probably have to add a 1 to give you £1,599.

You get what you pay for, right?
You do yes... I've never been but no one who has been elsewhere in the Caribbean that I know likes DR.
Old 23 Oct 06, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Ste
Imagineer

Ste's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
So are you all doctors?

We're going by what we've been told by the docs & the travel agent! (who has been to this resort herself!)

So if they say no...well thats what it will be! And i've seen on the internet where they recomend them, you all make out it's compulsory!(sp?) Also we don't have 2months before we go, i booked under a fornight before we go. So tough!

I know your all trying to do the best and stopping us from being ill - but i'd much rather go with docs&ta's advice than dibbers!

Thanks anyway! But after this topic i'm not looking forward to going now!
When i started this topic i was over the moon, now it's completely the opposite!

See ya!

p.s sorry if that sounded rude in anyway, i'am grateful for your advice and i know you don't want us being sick. So sorry if it sounded rude. It wasnt meant too!
Old 23 Oct 06, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Awwwwww Ste... you're all stressed...and no wonder... Yes we're all trying to help... whatever... i'm sure you'll have a brilliant time... and I know if I had a choice of here or the Dom Rep...I'd jump at the chance...

I'm sooo jealous you're off to the sun in a week...

Linda... aka DR Linda

Bend over Ste...

Edited at 01:40 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 06, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Ste
Imagineer

Ste's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Scotsmomma
Linda... aka DR Linda
Bless you DR!

Yes i'am stressed - not as much as my aunty she's huffing and puffing like a dragon!
Old 23 Oct 06, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Catherine
Imagineer

Sorry and no offence taken, i am a midwife so well in the know about jabs for holidiays and you do need them.

I hope you have a great holiday though.

XX

Catherine
Catherine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 06, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Ste you'll have a great time don't let anyone put the dampeners on it for you. I have been elsewhere in the Carribean and I still loved the Dominican Republic - we are planning on returning to the same hotel next year. I think the kind of holiday you have very much depends on how nice your hotel is as there's not much to do outside the hotel resorts. But have a lovely time and I'm sure you'll come back and tell us all about it.
Old 25 Oct 06, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Hi

We have been in Dominican Republic about 12 years ago as it was our honeymoon but different hotel. We enjoyed it and don't think to go back there again.

The hotel which you are going to Bahia Prinicipe as it will be beautiful hotel as we got back from Tenerife last night as our hotel was Bahia Principe as it was beautiful hotel, very clean and we want to go back there again!

I am sure you both will like Dominican Republic as it was lovely place but very poor country, beautiful beach etc as we were in October 1994!

We had jab and malaries tablets well before went to Dominican Republic.

And british paper and crisps were very expensive!

Go for it and enjoy your holiday and it will be great experience to see Dominican Republic.

Scottishwee35
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 06, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post

hi
ste i am unable to have any jabs as i had a hep b jab and collapsed had to have the full anti shock works , adrenaline, steroids and anti histamines! was advised never to have any other anti anything injections. have been to all sorts of places which reccomend things but have survived without them. take my trusty strong garlic tablet and multibionta vitamin,drink bottled water, (but watch the magnesium level in this as it works like epsom salts!) and go for it, have a great time anyhow if you drink all that rum it will kill everything except you
Old 25 Oct 06, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread