Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Feb 07, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
piglets pal
Apprentice Imagineer

piglets pal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi there

i would recommend that you try DLP if its not for you then you wont return

we have been to DLP 3 times in the last 3 years and returned from florida in January.

its different don't expect it to be the same and its great

we have been twice in december and once in August. we would never go back in Aug but then again we would not go to florida in Aug either.

We love it in Dec (first 2 weeks) as it is really magical and quiet, good prices and our DS5 has loved it for the last 3 years.

yes we noticed that it is a nightmare with the charecters that you do not queue for but we spoke clearly to our son so that the charecters were aware and those around us of where he was in the queue ! this worked the majority of the time and he got his photos and autograph book signed. those that were a nightmare we removed ourselves and got on with the day.

we have never payed more than £600 for a short break for the 3 of us including flights or Euro star. we book at the cheapest times with the nights free option.

i think its easy to say keep the money and put it to florida but we don't have a budget that stretches to every 2 years to florida and love a short break to the magic.
DLRP Dec 03 & 04 Santa Fe Aug 05,Sequoia Lodge Oct 07 Cheyenne, Jan 09 Santa Fe
piglets pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 07, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post

we've been to DLP and Florida 3 times.i would never go back to DLP,i dont think it has the magic or the wow feel about it.And if i wanted to spend my time with rude europeans i would stay on the building site.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 07, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by piglets pal
i think its easy to say keep the money and put it to florida but we don't have a budget that stretches to every 2 years to florida and love a short break to the magic.
I agree.. I was comparing prices and it was coming in at around a grand extra to go to WDW for a week instead of DLP for 3 nights (both for 2 adults staying onsite in a value resort) I don't call that 'a bit more' I know there are last minute deals but those prices aren't really 'the norm'
Old 15 Feb 07, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post

my cousin went to dlp for her companies brochure, and as soon as they found out she was english they treated her like ≈≈≈≈≈≈.

even at £600 for 3 days i would rather put it to a florida fund
Old 15 Feb 07, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
thecheshirecat
Earning More Ears

We've been several times and never been treated 'like ≈≈≈≈≈≈' thankfully

Edited at 03:05 PM.
thecheshirecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 07, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Well we returned last night from 4 nights at DLP staying at the Davy Crockett Ranch. We had a fabulous time!

Anyone that can't feel the magic walking down Main Street must be dead cos it felt exactly the same as Florida.

It was busier than last time as we went in half term but that just added to the atmosphere.
The smoking didnt bother me, yes it was noticeable but i didnt let it bother me.
The CMs were great, very friendly and lots of interaction with my boys.
Didnt meet any rude people and nobody tried to jump in the queue in front of us. This is our second trip and we have never been queue jumped.

The only people we found to be loud, overbearing, and embarassing at times were the Brits!
We heard lots of British families screaming at their children, smacking them in public , and we even heard a few British couples having full on arguments around the parks. Lovely! We had no problems with anybody else and found them to be very polite and courteous.

We had 2 wonderful character meals. One was a character tea party at Plaza Gardens which was really lovely. Characters were great and the interaction was as good as any we have had at WDW.
We also had a character breakfast at Cafe Mickey which i would highly recommend. Lots and lots of characters and plenty of fresh hot and cold foods.

I would say the only low point that i wish DLP would correct would be the character meet and greets in the parks. Yes some of them were roped off and you had to queue which is how it should be. But other character meets are just a free for all. We don't bother with these as you cannot get your own time with the characters and you wouldnt get a decent photo. But this is why we book character meals so we get our own quality time with the characters.

One more niggle, i hate it when families chase the characters around the restaurants during character meals. Just sit and wait people, the characters will come to your table. These people again were Brits mainly!

But we had a fantastic time.

Our highlight was during a ride on POTC. Our son is Jack Sparrow mad. Inside the ride at DLP is a restaurant called the Blue Lagoon and we had heard that sometimes Captain Jack hangs around inside the restaurant and you can see him from the boat.

It was our last full day and as we went past, there he was on the edge of the restaurant, my son called to him and he replied and told us to have a good voyage! It was great and he sounded just like him. When we got off the ride we went round to the restaurant and asked if we could see him. They said that was absolutley fine and we had some great time with him and got photos. My boys were so thrilled and it really made the holiday for us.

Sad to be home but it has really made us look forward to our WDW trip even more.

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 07, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Just came back from DLP yesterday for a week.
I had a good holiday but DLP is celebrating its 15 years opening and I must say its starting to look 65 years old.
Its a sad example of poor investment by the French (who have owned it since 1990's). Paint peeling, fountains with green mold on them. Lights not working and a general smoke anywhere policy.
The parks shut too early and most of the resturants are mostly doing buffets now, which are overpriced and underquaility.
It will be the last time we will visit DLP after 5 visits.
Its just overpriced and not value for money any more because the French have ruined it !
Old 19 Feb 07, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisChap2002
Just came back from DLP yesterday for a week.
I had a good holiday but DLP is celebrating its 15 years opening and I must say its starting to look 65 years old.
Its a sad example of poor investment by the French (who have owned it since 1990's). Paint peeling, fountains with green mold on them. Lights not working and a general smoke anywhere policy.
The parks shut too early and most of the resturants are mostly doing buffets now, which are overpriced and underquaility.
It will be the last time we will visit DLP after 5 visits.
Its just overpriced and not value for money any more because the French have ruined it !
Hhhhmm, I just got back last night and we must have been in a different park... or perhaps we have different tastes. Had a great time, fastpassed everything we could and didn't wait longer than 20 minutes for anything. We didn't go on it if we didn't have a fastpass. Even my teenage son, who hates the world, had to admit that apart from us wearing our coats we could have been in Florida when it got dark. Encountered a couple of line jumpers, but they got no further than me and I have to agree, the worst behaved visitors were Brits.
Whitequeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 07, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by tinksfriend
Hhhhmm, I just got back last night and we must have been in a different park... or perhaps we have different tastes. Had a great time, fastpassed everything we could and didn't wait longer than 20 minutes for anything. We didn't go on it if we didn't have a fastpass. Even my teenage son, who hates the world, had to admit that apart from us wearing our coats we could have been in Florida when it got dark. Encountered a couple of line jumpers, but they got no further than me and I have to agree, the worst behaved visitors were Brits.

With Disney its all about the details. If you stood on main street and really looked at the buildings you could see the poor level of maintainence and money spent. I dont know how you could have missed it !
I guess you missed all the area's that were shut down without notice.
1. critter coral
2. mickeys winter wonderland(cancelled Friday)
3. Autopia (never open)
4. Train de Cerque
5. Indian play area (completely Closed all week)
6. All the Train Stations kept closing and reopening without notice
7. The Big Ballon ride in the disney village (completely Closed all week)
8. The Riverboat (spent more time down than working)

You spend Disney money, you should get Disney quality !

Edited at 01:46 PM.
Old 19 Feb 07, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Ah well, as I say... different tastes.
I've seen Mickey's Winterwonderland twice this year already.
We don't do 'Critters'. Dislike Autopia as much as the similar thing in WDW. Train de Cirque we'll catch in the Summer. A play area (Indian or otherwise) we can go to anywhere. We don't use the train, we walk. The Balloon was working everyday we were there Thurs-Sun. The Riverboat in WDW hasn't been working for nearly 19months, so a bonus if you got on it in DLRP.
I have loads of pictures of Main Street 'detail'. Looks fine to me and they've just started repainting the Plaza Gardens.
I'm happy.
Whitequeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread