Notices

Old 29 Mar 09, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Something old, some thing Nyc & Philly pre trip report!

Well I enjoyed doing my first trip report last year sooooo much I thought I'd do one for my next trip over the pond in just over a week i'm getting really excited now!

This trip is going to be quite different for me as it will just be me and Steve my dbf of 7 years! This will be the first time we have been to the USA just on our own. We usually go in a huge group of family and friends so it's going to be lovely to spend some quality time together.

Steve & I on our trip to Florida last year

When we got back from our florida trip in October Steve talked about going to visit his Uncle and Auntie who live in Philadelphia and also how we would love to visit New York again. I have been to Nyc twice before and Steve has been once when we went in feb 2007 and he loved it but we had said we really only needed 3 days tops in Nyc. Thats when we decided to also go to Phily and see Steve's family because he has been desperate to do so for ages!

We started to search for flights and then one saturday we popped into trailfinders and got BA flights into Nyc and home from Philly for £300 pp we both thought that was a great price and snapped them up. Steve has sorted all the other bits out for my birthday present so a supper cheap trip for me lol!

A rough plan for a trip it's bound to change!

Wednesday 8th April

Fly BA Heathrow 8.55am - JFK arrive 11.20 am
Grab a Taxi to Radio city appartments dump our bags and head to the ferry port to go and Visit ellis island. Check into the hotel and then hit the shops!

Thurdays 9th April

Well bit of a long story bit we were going to be spending my Birthday in New York wich is the Saturday but we had to change our plans so today in my unofficial birtday so Steve has told me he has planned the day and he has some supprises which sounds good to me! All I know is we have lucnch booked at Tavern on the green and I can't wait for that!

Friday 10th April

Today Steve's Uncle and Auntie are coming to meet us today and take us back to Phily with them. So we will spend the morrining sightseeing before they arrive and we check out in the afternoon. I hope that we mannaged to eat at Vrigils in time square with Nadine and Andrew (Steve's auntie and Uncle) because Nadine used to work there and it is my favourite place in New York to eat! On the way back to Phily we will pick our hire car up at the airport.

Saturday 11th April

My 25th Birthday! I am being whisked off to Atlantic city for the day and I can't wait! I have always wanted to go here. Nadine is planning it all so I have no idea what we are doing there but i'm 99% sure it will involve some of these!

The last four days we will play by ear but they will inclued

A trip to the city
The Amish country
The King of Prussia mall (the largest on the East coast! )

We leave late on Wenesday 15th April from Phily with Ba.

I can't wait!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 09, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Sounds like a great trip, jealous you are off to NY and for a 3rd time. I've wanted to go for years & years now probably about 10 and I still haven't got there i really want to go around xmas time though, hopefully i'll finally get there in the next year or two

Look forward to reading all about your trip and hope you have take lots of pics to share with us
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 09, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post

Atlantic City is crazy - you'll love it! DH and I went there a few years back and got a suite at a Sheraton just outside for about $23 a night!
Old 30 Mar 09, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
travelmam
Imagineer

Sounds great to me, hope you have a great time when you go.
Wish I was comimg with you.

1996 All Star Sports (Florida) 1998 Sheraton Anaheim (California)
2001 Carousel Anaheim (California) 2007 Disney's Port Orleans Riverside (Florida)
2009 Sheraton Park, Anaheim (California)

2009 - California On A Shoestring - Trip Report
2012 Azul Sensatori, Riviera Maya (Mexico) 2013 El Dorado Seaside Suites, Riviera Maya (Mexico)
2015 All Star Sports (Florida) 2016 Anantara Hotel & Resorts (Dubai)
2016 Azul Sensatori, (Jamaica)
travelmam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 09, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post

Atlantic City is great, you will have a wonderful time! We have family in NY so always visit there. We won $300 last time we went so hope our luck rubs off on you!

Have a wonderful time xx
Old 30 Mar 09, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post

Sounds like a fantastic holiday. Have fun
Old 30 Mar 09, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post

I will look forward to reading this report. Not long til you go!
Old 30 Mar 09, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Ohhh I'm getting really excited now I only have one week left at work! I must admit I can't wait to visit Atlantic city I have always wanted to go and can't wait to see the place and visit a few bars lol! I must say if you do get the chance do visit New York it's an amazing place and I still have lots of places to still visit and shops to shop in!

I have been google earthing tonight to find some local places to eat near Steve's uncle and auntie so far I have got

The Outback
Chillis
The Cheesecake factory (My all time fave! )
The golden coral (you can't beat the brekkie for $7!)
Coldstone creamery
Applebees (I have never been to one but they always seem to get great reviews!)

The only downside to getting so close to the trip is my fear of flying!
I really couldn't sleep last night it was all I could think of I really wish I could love flying but I can't. I think I will be off to the docs to get some Vallium that usually sorts me out lol!
Old 1 Apr 09, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds like a great trip! Looking forward to your TR!

Have a great birthday.
Old 1 Apr 09, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you very much. This time next week we will hopefully be there!