Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 23 Jul 09, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Not fife, but Camperdown Park in Dundee is quite good as well.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 09, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
suzyg
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Rachel1 View Post
There are lots of great places in Fife- Pittencrieff Park (The Glen) and the Abbey in Dunfermline, Aberdour, Fish and Chips in Anstruther, St Andrews, all of the East Neuk, Blacketyside Farm- best tasting strawberry's I've had this year- may be able to still pick your own- A915 just after Leven (heading towards Anstruther). Nice coffee and ice-cream at the deli in Eli!

Have a fab holiday
I'd definitely recommend the Blacketyside Farm - picking your own strawberries (and of course testing them as you go!) is great fun! St. Andrews and a trip to The Fish Bar in Anstruther are a must if in Fife. Having lived in Fife all my life, I admit it's maybe not that exciting to some and it's not Edinburgh but that's what I love about it! I'm a small town type of gal!

Edited at 04:27 PM. Reason: typo
suzyg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 09, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
SugarRush
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Thumbs up

Dynamic earth is old and tired looking, basically you walk through the different ages, i did like the rainforest bit but we did the whole thing in 1/2 hour (it was empty though) and felt really cheated out of money as there wasn't enough to captivate me.

The red pandas are not at the zoo at the moment sadly they ahve been moved and the polar bear is planned to go to highland wildlife park next year too.

I lived in the city for a while so I'm never out of it. You want to know where starbucks is I'm your girl lol.

I wasn't a fan of the dungeons either i know some of the staff and i know they can't be bothered any more which i think is really bad.

If you are visiting the castle get the Scottish Heritage family card. It's £10 a month and you can cancel it at any time and you'll get access for the whole family.

Head up to the royal mile because the festivities have already started.

A parking tip though... park at oceans terminal (where its free no time limit) and bus it into town and you can go for dinner or got to the cinema whilst you are there.

Any other Q's just PM me

Jude xx
Old 23 Jul 09, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post

We're hoping for our first ever visit to Edinburgh at the end of December.

Looking forward to it!
Old 23 Jul 09, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
SugarRush
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jlwatkins View Post
We're hoping for our first ever visit to Edinburgh at the end of December.

Looking forward to it!
I might be biased but you'll love it. If there are a few of you going look into renting an apartment can often be cheaper if there are a few couples of whatever

Jude x
Old 23 Jul 09, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for the advice CSI Jude - DH will be celebrating his 40th!
Old 23 Jul 09, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
SugarRush
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Fab he'll have a great time, if you are going anytime over chirstmas/new year i'd be looking into booking soon, it's hellish trying to get booked at these times because it's so popular.

Hope it snows this year love the gardens in the snow
Old 23 Jul 09, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
angie-noo
Imagineer

Well Nina my dear friend. I hope you have the most fabulous holiday with you and your loved ones. I am sure you have read all about Fife and no what to expect. I hope the weather is brilliant and you get to do everything you want to do. Holidays are about personal choice and what you can afford. Please do not let anyone spoil the run up to your much awaited holiday X
The Fairfield Inn LBV -Dec 09/ Springhill suites 10/12
Lake Buena vista resort and spa 15/18
angie-noo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 09, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
Cheers CSI:Jude thats great info x

Awww thanks Angie darling xxx
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 09, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I personally think the highlight of any trip to Edinburgh is a visit to the Car park Enquiries office at the Multi storey car park in Edinburgh Airport...i hear there is a really good looking burd working there!
Will you be up here the 1st sunday in August? The Edinburgh festival cavalcade is on then, a big parade featuring all the acts from the Festival... Just thinking though...not sure where it will be this year as previously stated, Prince's Street it being ripped up for these trams
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread