Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Nov 10, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Karen - there is a TKTS booth in South St Seaport, that is less busy that the one in Times Sq, but obviously the TS one is the only that is most convienent if you are staying mid-town. Just be prepared to queue for a while at that one!

Some of the forums over on TA can be a bit eye opening but i've always managed to get some invaluable info from people on there for different locations so it is worthwhile visiting the forums there. Just put on your thick skin!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 10, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post

I have been reading the posts over there and picked up some tips, but hmmm they certainly lay into some people LOL

We may go th the seaport one as we will be down that way in the morning
Old 5 Nov 10, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post

we will be there over the new years this our second trip to new york and are staying at the waldorf astoria, we have bought one of the new york city passes that will get us into alot of areas like the top of the rock and empire and alot of museums and also the bus tours for 3 days, also some of our group are going to see the Rocketts christmas special at radio city. And of course the big reason is new years in time square at ruby tuesdays
Old 5 Nov 10, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
liverbird
VIP Dibber

Hi Karen - I go next week! It's a 'girly' trip with 4 fab friends, so may be rather different from the trip you are currently planning. We fly from Manchester with Continental - 5 nights.
It's a relaxed trip - with only a couple of things booked: Dinner Cruise; helicopter ride thingy (not sure about this ! ); Food on Foot tour.
Planning to do TOR, Staten Island Ferry, HOHO, Broadway Show (tkts), South Street Seaport.
I'm not a huge shopper but love Bloomingdales, Macy's, SAKS, Tiffany's - like to wander around Greenwich Village/Soho.
Any time left will have a stroll in Central Park (suitably wrapped up), ice skating at Rockerfeller Centre (if open as I can't remember when it starts). Visit Frick Mansion, possibly Guggenhiem or Whitney for more Art .
Evenings will be spent eating and drinking lots of cocktails!
If you are after any info from these places just let me know and I can pick up leaflets. 7 sleeps...
Old 5 Nov 10, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsG26
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Flowertot View Post
Day 1) Edinburgh to newark arrived in NY at noon.

Back to get ready and then to the Mariott Marquis revolving restaurant just for cocktails

Night- times square and good and drinks in restaurant row

empire state building, in Irish bars and ate just off restaurant row again.
Sorry to cut bits from your post but was just wondering if you could answer a few questions as i am trying to persude my my DH to take me to NY for our 2nd wedding anniversary and need as much info as poss. (He is against it as he thinks all i'll want to do is shop so need other ideas too!)

Firstly can i ask who u flew with? we live in Glasgow but are limited on direct flights, would consider going from Edinburgh to.

Secondly, do u think the Revolving Restaurant at the Marquis is nice enough for cocktails and/or anniversary dinner?

And are all the Irish bars in and around Times Square? My husband is from Belfast and each time we go away he likes to find a nice Irish bar to make him feel at home...and that way i can do "some" shopping whilst he is kept busy! Sorry for all the questions just excited and want to make sure DH cant say NO!
Dec 09/10: Xmas & New Year in Australia. 2010: La Croix Du Vieux Pont, Paris. 2011: Barbados, Duinrell & La Croix Du Vieux Pont 2012: Bella Italia, Lake Garda 2013: Tenerife 2014: Dubai, Benidorm 2015: New York , Orlando 2016: Tenerife, DLP 2017: Tenerife, Olu Deniz, Benalmadena 2018: Berlin, Tenerife, Dubai
MrsG26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 10, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
ojoboots
Imagineer

I think Continental are the only ones who fly direct from Glasgow

Villa - Magic Landings 2006
Villa - Highgrove 2007
Villa - Formosa Gardens 2008
Villa - LWP/Windwood Bay 2009
Villa - Calabay Parc 2010
Villa - Highgate Park 2011
Villa - Vista Park 2012
Villa - Ridgewood Lakes 2013

ojoboots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 10, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Jfuller
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by ukdiva View Post
Can you post what you thought of the Skyline, as this is the hotel Virgin are offering me as part of a twin centre with Boston but i am unsure based on some Trip Advisor reviews, so would be good to hear what you thought of it!
Just got back from a week at the Skyline and I would say it is generally ok. Good location and decent sized rooms which have a fridge, safe and large flat screen tv - no kettle though. Rooms were clean and beds were really comfortable. What attracted us was the pool which is great for kids though it does only open in the morning and evening. In places it could do with a refurb and does look a little jaded but we were happy enough with it given the price.
Jfuller is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 10, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Hi we are off to NYC at the end of January for 4 nights our 4th visit we have tix for NY Knicks, Billy Elliot, and Wicked got the city pass for American History Museum, TOTR, ESB and the Circle line Cruise we intend to buy subway passes for getting around also intend to visit the Central Park Zoo and bought a voucher from Travelzoo for Trattoria Cinque $49 for a 3 course meal for two looks okay and decent reviews
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 10, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
jeanwales
Imagineer

jeanwales's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Steve, you will love Billy Elliott - that is one of my favourite shows there so far.

Clarion Inn formerly Comfort Inn LBV twice a year since 1991
jeanwales is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 10, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Originally Posted by jeanwales View Post
Steve, you will love Billy Elliott - that is one of my favourite shows there so far.
Hi Jean u mean the Jacquie will enjoy it me not so sure but I promised her I'd take her and she'll have to put up with in Vegasalthough I have got her tix for Lion King and Cher in Vegas
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread