Notices

Old 10 Apr 11, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Have fun sounds like a great trip - room for me in your case!
DS will have some good stuff to slot in his personal statement for uni too - help make him stand out.

Have a great holiday
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 11, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dolly-Jo View Post
Have fun sounds like a great trip - room for me in your case!
DS will have some good stuff to slot in his personal statement for uni too - help make him stand out.

Have a great holiday
Thanks.
Old 10 Apr 11, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post

While we may go on holiday with our kiddies I think its also important that we can do things for us too . . .he may have to suffer phantom while I suffer the baseball
Old 10 Apr 11, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
joandwayne
VIP Dibber

joandwayne's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 20
Hi There! We are in New York at the minute. Well actually we are in New Jersey today at Six Flags Great Adventure - DH, DD and DS are riding El Torro for the third time today and I am resting in the internet cafe. This is our second trip to New York. Last time was in 2009 and we stayed in the Waldorf Astoria and absolutely loved it. We are staying there again and are not disappointed. It is a really famous hotel - very posh and amazing service. Both times we have been upgraded to a suite and our room is just gorgeous. I would be careful about reading some of the reviews as you will always find someone who has negative stuff to say.

I am sure you will enjoy your stay in the Waldorf!

We are here for another 6 days so we will be doing all of the usual stuff like we did last time - ESB, TOTR, SoL etc. New things this trip - we would like to visit Gugenheim Museum of Modern Art, Greenwich Village, Little Italy.

AKL, Walt Disney World, July 2017, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2016, Washington DC, California (Disney) and New York, August 2015, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2014, West Coast USA and Disney Aulani, Hawaii, August 2013, Old Key West, Walt Disney World, Oct 2012, West Coast USA, Aug 2011, New York, April 2011, May 2009, Port Orleans, Walt Disney World, Oct 2010, Disney Cruise, May 2010, POP Century, Walt Disney World, Nov 2008, May 2007, Oct 2005, Kissimee Oct 2003, Oct 1990
joandwayne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 11, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
joandwayne
VIP Dibber

joandwayne's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 20
Forgot to say - we saw Mary Poppins last time we were here and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. Slightly different to the film - mainly based around the books - but it is well worth seeing! We are hoping to see Jersey Boys or Mama Mia this trip.

AKL, Walt Disney World, July 2017, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2016, Washington DC, California (Disney) and New York, August 2015, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2014, West Coast USA and Disney Aulani, Hawaii, August 2013, Old Key West, Walt Disney World, Oct 2012, West Coast USA, Aug 2011, New York, April 2011, May 2009, Port Orleans, Walt Disney World, Oct 2010, Disney Cruise, May 2010, POP Century, Walt Disney World, Nov 2008, May 2007, Oct 2005, Kissimee Oct 2003, Oct 1990
joandwayne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 11, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

Originally Posted by joandwayne View Post
Hi There! We are in New York at the minute. Well actually we are in New Jersey today at Six Flags Great Adventure - DH, DD and DS are riding El Torro for the third time today and I am resting in the internet cafe. This is our second trip to New York. Last time was in 2009 and we stayed in the Waldorf Astoria and absolutely loved it. We are staying there again and are not disappointed. It is a really famous hotel - very posh and amazing service. Both times we have been upgraded to a suite and our room is just gorgeous. I would be careful about reading some of the reviews as you will always find someone who has negative stuff to say.

I am sure you will enjoy your stay in the Waldorf!

We are here for another 6 days so we will be doing all of the usual stuff like we did last time - ESB, TOTR, SoL etc. New things this trip - we would like to visit Gugenheim Museum of Modern Art, Greenwich Village, Little Italy.
Glad to hear your just as impressed with the Waldorf this time round. It would be lovely to be upgraded to a suite but we're just not that lucky. Any suggestions what to say or do?

We did the Guggenheim last year and also Mama Mia last year. Both were really good.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday.
Old 11 Apr 11, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

Originally Posted by karen_uk View Post
While we may go on holiday with our kiddies I think its also important that we can do things for us too . . .he may have to suffer phantom while I suffer the baseball
Couldn't agree more. There has to be give and take even on holiday.
Old 16 Apr 11, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

Well the 7.00am Flybe flight from Glasgow to Manchester was cancelled yesterday morning. Don't know why. This is the flight we are on in less than ten weeks. Fingers crossed it doesn't get cancelled the day we are flying.
Old 29 Apr 11, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

Update

Well we now have our tickets for the ESB, Harry Potter Exhibition (thanks Broadwaybox.com for the discount code) and the Intrepid. I have paid for a guided tour of the Intrepid. It's a bit more expensive but I thought it would make our visit there even more interesting.

I'm going to get the last of the dollars today while the rate is still good. We also treated ourselves to a digital camera earlier in the week (usually use the disposable ones). We have decided to leave getting the show tickets until we get there. So apart from some new clothes for me and DH, it's all systems go.

Finally the Flybe flight, which we will be on 8 weeks today is now on its approach to Manchester Airport (how sad am I, I have the live flight arrivals at Manchester Airport open on another tab).
Old 29 Apr 11, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post

How exciting

I still have my ESB tickets to buy yet, but we have also bought a harbour cruise tickets via goldstar for our first evening, just cannot decide if its the right thing to do or not LOL its worth joining up there in case there's other discounts you can use