http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=249059

It's a really good read with lots of idea's
Oh, I'll have a wee peek.

Thanks Marion
x

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 11, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Hi , i am Jojo88 's mum and went on the Liberty cruise with her in april , it was a Junior Suite we had right at the back of the ship underneath the Winjammer , we didnt hear any noise at all ,it was a lovely cabin a little bigger than a balcony cabin with a bath /shower instead of just the cubicle shower .Next time we are having a D1 superior ocean view with balcony ,its in the same position on deck 10 ,in fact next door to where our junior suite was . Me and dh did the Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean cruise last september , the same one you are doing , you will absolutely love it ,I loved Coco Cay , its a man made beach for sole use of Royal Caribbean cruisers , they had hammocks for use as well as sunbeds , i couldnt resist trying one out , they put on a bbq at lunchtime ,the beach is lovely , keep a look out for jellyfish though , we saw a few .There are a few market style stalls to wander around so dont forget to take some dollars with you when you get off the ship , your tendered across , the tenders sail over frequently and only take a few minutes to get there .We had a d1 balcony cabin on deck 7 , it was near the front of the ship .It was very handy having the aft junior suite on deck 10 on Liberty as with having two little ones with us we were either straight up one flight of stairs to the pool area or straight up to the Winjammer restaurant , what more could you want You will have a great time on Freedom and you have chosen a nice cabin in a good position ,look out though as you will catch the cruise bug , once bitten you will just want to keep going back
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 11, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh Marion I'm just a tad jealous! You know how much I want to do a cruise but the men in my life are not keen so I look forward to reading all about yours.

The cabins look amazing!
I can't believe they even have quite a few 12 bedroomed ones!...think they sleep about 28 people of something
A few of them for the next Dibb meet would do! lol

xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 11, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
Hi , i am Jojo88 's mum and went on the Liberty cruise with her in april , it was a Junior Suite we had right at the back of the ship underneath the Winjammer , we didnt hear any noise at all ,it was a lovely cabin a little bigger than a balcony cabin with a bath /shower instead of just the cubicle shower .Next time we are having a D1 superior ocean view with balcony ,its in the same position on deck 10 ,in fact next door to where our junior suite was . Me and dh did the Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean cruise last september , the same one you are doing , you will absolutely love it ,I loved Coco Cay , its a man made beach for sole use of Royal Caribbean cruisers , they had hammocks for use as well as sunbeds , i couldnt resist trying one out , they put on a bbq at lunchtime ,the beach is lovely , keep a look out for jellyfish though , we saw a few .There are a few market style stalls to wander around so dont forget to take some dollars with you when you get off the ship , your tendered across , the tenders sail over frequently and only take a few minutes to get there .We had a d1 balcony cabin on deck 7 , it was near the front of the ship .It was very handy having the aft junior suite on deck 10 on Liberty as with having two little ones with us we were either straight up one flight of stairs to the pool area or straight up to the Winjammer restaurant , what more could you want You will have a great time on Freedom and you have chosen a nice cabin in a good position ,look out though as you will catch the cruise bug , once bitten you will just want to keep going back
I'm sure I will catch the cruising bug lol! I know what you mean about the jelly fish, i've heard a few reports about them on Cruise Critic and it's kinda put me off doing the Aqua Park in the sea a bit as the last thing I want is for any of us to be stung by these. I just know though if we got there and the boys see the slides out there they'd keep whinging until they have a go lol

Originally Posted by JamboJack View Post
Oh Marion I'm just a tad jealous! You know how much I want to do a cruise but the men in my life are not keen so I look forward to reading all about yours.

The cabins look amazing! A few of them for the next Dibb meet would do! lol

xx
That's exactly what I was thinking Lesley... next dibb meet in Tennessee!
TrueBlue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 11, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Hi

I suppose to email you and my aplogies that I have not done it yet...

The Freedom cruise which we had done it last April and it was fab...It was Eastern...

I will upload some photos later... I promise...

The ship is huge which I didn't think as it was very huge - long walk lol...

Our balcony was so beautiful as we booked back of the ship which was fab...I will upload photos and show you...

Champagne bar was fab... Promenade was fab... Pizza serves until 3 am..in Promenade... Tea and Coffee serves also crossiant sandwiches, sweet cup like white chocolate was delious...

Don't miss ice skating show... as it was fab too...

Some show was excellent...

We were on ground for meals it was nice... We didn't book anytime as we go same times every day...

Coco Cay beach was beautiful and lovely beach but only things to pay extra for big slide ...( I will put photos in and it cost 40 dollars for both for all day)

St Thomas - we didnt do tour but I wish I had done it cos it is a beautiful place... We went to skyline and saw beautiful beach...then at 4 pm Ian and I went to champagne yatch by RC excursion as we supposed to see the sunset but turn out light rain...

St Marteen - we booked Bernard's tour as it turn out fab times...

We saw lot and last we went to Maho for 45 mins as it was fun... We saw lots of plane and I was shy to walked over the beach to take picture of me with plane low...but I took photos and it was excellent and guy told me to watch when the big plane to take off and it blow people away...wow unbelieve...

I advised you to book with Bernard's tour as one family told me that they went to Bernard last year and they decide to do themselves but turn out taxis charged them 120 dollars... they decided not go...

As you know that we had been on Disney cruise 4th times - We think Royal Caribbean foods much better than Disney but we prefer Palo than Royal Caribbean...

We did mini golf that was fun... we didnt do surf as it look bit rough.. as no one managed to stand up that put us off lol...

First night I was sitting to watch professional to do surf and my son told me mum you better move cos they will splash you... i said no way but they did... One of them splashed at me ... I said hey you ###### and he laughed but I didn't realised people were standing and they laughed too opps...

On first day.. I disliked it because too busy queue at port and staff was bit confused with us which to sit down and stand up then sit down...plus at restaurant there was no sitting as very very busy... that had put me off and I thought myself what is it like everyday...

But second day, it was much better plenty space at restaurant, plenty sun bed (I let you know that it was far too hot) but plenty lovely chair behind from swimming pool... that where we normal sit there and listen the band as it was good as it was on every afternoon...

Plenty cocktails, beer lol...

Towels - you get it from pool as they charge you 25 dollars until you return it back and they will refund the money...

Warning - Spa in Adult - very very hot... I think glass roof and sun through and make the spa very hot... ouch... but I managed to sit down and look at sea...

Ice cream serves in pool area (free) but no foods serves in pool area... Have to go up floor 11... I never bring foods down to pool and I like sit down and I think RC like pool area to be clean...

We bought soda (2) for kids only but we used their soda lol.. there are machine on 10 floor where is the pool area...When you buy soda, they give you thing look like flask and you put it on the machine and you get soda ... wow clever ...

Kids love pool and Z20 was fun, I joined with kids on last day as it was fun...

Kids enjoyed this cruise but they didn't went to club but they enjoyed with us...

Don't miss Johnny Rockett as it was excellent... They took Olivia up to dancing oh fun...

On last day, I asked kids which one they enjoyed Disney or RC.. They said both were excellent...
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022

Edited at 06:48 PM.
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 11, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
I think you pick second week are excellent to me...

Because we did paid disney tickets were expensive then it was very busy at the parks... We felt that we wish we never did it and should go to clearwater something like that...

my husband told me that he wont go back to disney park, I don't blame him...
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 11, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
pluto66
Imagineer

I am so jealous what a brilliant trip you have planned Marion.
Old 16 Jun 11, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Originally Posted by scottishwee35 View Post
Hi

I suppose to email you and my aplogies that I have not done it yet...

The Freedom cruise which we had done it last April and it was fab...It was Eastern...

I will upload some photos later... I promise...

The ship is huge which I didn't think as it was very huge - long walk lol...

Our balcony was so beautiful as we booked back of the ship which was fab...I will upload photos and show you...

Champagne bar was fab... Promenade was fab... Pizza serves until 3 am..in Promenade... Tea and Coffee serves also crossiant sandwiches, sweet cup like white chocolate was delious...

Don't miss ice skating show... as it was fab too...

Some show was excellent...

We were on ground for meals it was nice... We didn't book anytime as we go same times every day...

Coco Cay beach was beautiful and lovely beach but only things to pay extra for big slide ...( I will put photos in and it cost 40 dollars for both for all day)

St Thomas - we didnt do tour but I wish I had done it cos it is a beautiful place... We went to skyline and saw beautiful beach...then at 4 pm Ian and I went to champagne yatch by RC excursion as we supposed to see the sunset but turn out light rain...

St Marteen - we booked Bernard's tour as it turn out fab times...

We saw lot and last we went to Maho for 45 mins as it was fun... We saw lots of plane and I was shy to walked over the beach to take picture of me with plane low...but I took photos and it was excellent and guy told me to watch when the big plane to take off and it blow people away...wow unbelieve...

I advised you to book with Bernard's tour as one family told me that they went to Bernard last year and they decide to do themselves but turn out taxis charged them 120 dollars... they decided not go...

As you know that we had been on Disney cruise 4th times - We think Royal Caribbean foods much better than Disney but we prefer Palo than Royal Caribbean...

We did mini golf that was fun... we didnt do surf as it look bit rough.. as no one managed to stand up that put us off lol...

First night I was sitting to watch professional to do surf and my son told me mum you better move cos they will splash you... i said no way but they did... One of them splashed at me ... I said hey you ###### and he laughed but I didn't realised people were standing and they laughed too opps...

On first day.. I disliked it because too busy queue at port and staff was bit confused with us which to sit down and stand up then sit down...plus at restaurant there was no sitting as very very busy... that had put me off and I thought myself what is it like everyday...

But second day, it was much better plenty space at restaurant, plenty sun bed (I let you know that it was far too hot) but plenty lovely chair behind from swimming pool... that where we normal sit there and listen the band as it was good as it was on every afternoon...

Plenty cocktails, beer lol...

Towels - you get it from pool as they charge you 25 dollars until you return it back and they will refund the money...

Warning - Spa in Adult - very very hot... I think glass roof and sun through and make the spa very hot... ouch... but I managed to sit down and look at sea...

Ice cream serves in pool area (free) but no foods serves in pool area... Have to go up floor 11... I never bring foods down to pool and I like sit down and I think RC like pool area to be clean...

We bought soda (2) for kids only but we used their soda lol.. there are machine on 10 floor where is the pool area...When you buy soda, they give you thing look like flask and you put it on the machine and you get soda ... wow clever ...

Kids love pool and Z20 was fun, I joined with kids on last day as it was fun...

Kids enjoyed this cruise but they didn't went to club but they enjoyed with us...

Don't miss Johnny Rockett as it was excellent... They took Olivia up to dancing oh fun...

On last day, I asked kids which one they enjoyed Disney or RC.. They said both were excellent...
Originally Posted by scottishwee35 View Post
I think you pick second week are excellent to me...

Because we did paid disney tickets were expensive then it was very busy at the parks... We felt that we wish we never did it and should go to clearwater something like that...

my husband told me that he wont go back to disney park, I don't blame him...
Thanks for the information Deborah, i'll use this thread to come back to and read over again (and again and again lol). I think when we are in port we'll just chill out at the beach and not do too much. I'll be lucky to get the boys off the ship anyway I think lol

I know what you mean about the second week in Disney and the price. We were considering a few days at Clearwater at the end of the cruise but I don't think I could stay in Florida and not do Florida if you know what I mean... that's why we decided to just get out of the state all together lol xx
TrueBlue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 11, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Wow sounds and looks amazing Marion, youve most certainly researched and did your homework . Your hubby must love it to sit back relax and you plan , plan , plan
Old 23 Jun 11, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
Wow sounds and looks amazing Marion, youve most certainly researched and did your homework . Your hubby must love it to sit back relax and you plan , plan , plan
If I left it up to Hubby we would never leave Kirkcaldy Jane