Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 11 May 05, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Question Disneyland Paris help

Hi

I just wondered what is the best sort of bag to take to Disneyland Paris. Do they allow you to take bags on the rides?

Is it possible to take pictures on the rides?

Do they search every bag at the entrance as want to take in some food and drink but have been told that it is banned?

Has anyone stayed at the Mytravel Explorer's hotel? What is it like there?

Do all the staff just speak French?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 05, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
OOh, lots of questions...

Bags - I prefer a bumbag, not very attractive but convenient. Otherwise an across the body style bag. You can take bags on teh rides.

You can try and take pictures on the rides, but don't drop your camera!

They do search the bags, but they aren't really looking for food and drink. Technically you aren't supposed to take any in, but as long as you don't have a 3 course meal in your bag they don't mind.

can't help with mytravel explorers.

all staff speak french, many staff speak english but not all of them. we did have some occasions when there was a language barrier - but not often. interestingly, it was more of an issue when I was making a complaint...
Rides are in both french and english - sometimes different shows in different languages, sometimes the show is in both, many times language is not an issue.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 05, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post

mytravel explorers a nice new hotel great pool near the bar the kids can swim (if old enough) and you can have a drink in the bar looking on
Old 11 May 05, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sydneymj
Disney Imagineer

We have recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Disney Land Paris, read my review which I posted on tripadvisor.com. We have stayed in Disney's own hotels, but will not be in the future.

tripadvisor/ShowUserR...de_France.html

Malcolm

Oct92 Quality Inn Plaza, Jun96 Robbins Rest-Villa Kissimmee,Sep98 Westgate Villas Kissimmee,Apr01 Royal Palm Bay Villas,Jan04 Indian Ridge Oaks Aug05 Indian Ridge Oaks, Aug08 Indian Ridge Oaks, Jul14 Windsor Hills, Disney Dream Cruise & Indian Creek Villa.Aug16 Windsor Hills,Xmas Dec16 Windsor Hills.August 18, Aug 22 BLT, Windsor Hills, Disney Fantasy & OKW, Aug 23 Disneyland California, LA, San Francisco, Windsor Hills & Disney Fantasy.
sydneymj is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 05, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Can anyone give me any top tips for my trip to Disneyland Paris?
Old 13 May 05, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Not alot of top tips, how are u getting there?
Its good to take the kids to the wild west show
Old 13 May 05, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I haven't been able to find any tips either, it seems that unlike Orlando, there are less secret or less-known things to discover abotu DLP.

I would agree the Wild West Show is very good. Also, try Walts for a character breakfast, I haven;t done it, but I've heard it's much better than the ones in the Village.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 05, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally posted by loubylou
Not alot of top tips, how are u getting there?
Its good to take the kids to the wild west show
by coach and ferry.

Dont have kids, it is just me and my sister going.

How much euros would you recommend taking for 2 days in the parks?
Old 14 May 05, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh right, just presumed - sorry!
Unfortunately I can't help with the amount of money to take in the parks as everytime I've been I've had everything provided for me. But I would say that if eating breakfast at hotel, lunch is approx 10-11 euros (a main meal drink and dessert) and meal is slightly more expensive. A drink costs approx 6euros for a beer or bottle (sports bar in village) - Hurricanes very expensive on drinks! Nothing else really to budget for apart from gifts and disney shops...now they can be pretty addictive!

Space mountain mission 2 has opened up so try that out
Also to get in the swing of things... Its a Small world! Oh yes!
And Motor stunt show at the studios.

If you waited for 2 years they are opening up hollywood towers (fantastic!) and buzzlight year and toon town! (inside info!)
Old 14 May 05, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi humbug

If you're new to the whole disney thing and haven't been before, my tips would be:

same as in Orlando - get into the park early and ride the most popular rides before the main crowds join you

Take time out to see a show (tarzan, mulan (if its still there), otr even something like Jules verne) as you'll need to pace yourself

look at the park map and work out before you start which direction you're heading - don't criss cross the park all day cos you'll get worn out

make a dinner reservation somewhere before you start the day, so you're sure of where you'll end up

don't miss the fireworks!

that just about covers it - have a great time!
Closed Thread