Notices

Old 5 Feb 12, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Wow , that looks brilliant - are you still set on on the two shows you had in mind ?
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 12, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

I think so, Amanda. I have been looking at the ticket prices and at the moment doing the two might be a bit out of our budget. I'm hoping for a discount code to come up on BroadwayBox.com.
Old 5 Feb 12, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Im looking forward to when our boys are a bit older and we can do trips like yours - with a few more culture bits and a few less roller coasters !
I see you got your laptop back from your DS then !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 12, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

Well DH has now decided he would like to do the Central Park Movie Tour Walk so I have pencilled this in on the Saturday instead of a visit to the Zoo. Thomas Cook had a good exchange rate yesterday so I got 500 dollars so that added to the 100 dollars we already had is half of our spending money got.
Old 24 Mar 12, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

oooh thats so exciting when you pick up your currency and thats a good rate too
The walk sounds interesting - how long will it take ?
Old 24 Mar 12, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
NatOwls
Imagineer

sounds brilliant ! You look very organised !
Hope you have a wonderful trip !
We've got ages to wait until our first trip, I cant wait!
We want to do soooo much (only there fore 2 night - 3 days - before we fly to Vegas) so im worried that we'll not get everything done .. Would you reccomend any travel books / websites to help with planning? Im struggling to piece locations of tourist spots together so we can group things in for a certain morning / afternoon but im struggling!
Any advice would be great !
NatOwls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 12, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
oooh thats so exciting when you pick up your currency and thats a good rate too
The walk sounds interesting - how long will it take ?
It takes approximately two hours and it starts at midday.
Old 24 Mar 12, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NatOwls View Post
sounds brilliant ! You look very organised !
Hope you have a wonderful trip !
We've got ages to wait until our first trip, I cant wait!
We want to do soooo much (only there fore 2 night - 3 days - before we fly to Vegas) so im worried that we'll not get everything done .. Would you reccomend any travel books / websites to help with planning? Im struggling to piece locations of tourist spots together so we can group things in for a certain morning / afternoon but im struggling!
Any advice would be great !
I haven't used any travel books so couldn't recommend any, sorry. If you let me know what you really want to see, I'll let you know which ones are near each other to help you maximise your time there. We love New York, it really is a fab city!
Old 24 Mar 12, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
NatOwls
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SammyScotland View Post
I haven't used any travel books so couldn't recommend any, sorry. If you let me know what you really want to see, I'll let you know which ones are near each other to help you maximise your time there. We love New York, it really is a fab city!
Thank you very much ! That is very kind of you!
We arrive at Newark at 12.15pm on 27/10/12, saying in The Manhattan @ Time Square. We like to do/see:
Central Park
Grand Central Station
We have a evening river cruise booked via Groupon, (not booked a time / date yet though - thinking possibly where we hope to get some great pics of the Statue of Liberty,
Ground Zero.
Toys R Us, Nintendo World, Sony World, Herseys, (The toy shop where u can have a go on the floor piano - like on the film BIG - I cant think of the stores name)
Madison Square Gardens
Walk across Brooklyn Bridge
Get tattooed at NY Ink...or just go in & buy a t-shirt lol
Sightseeing around Times Square
Empire State Building or Top of the Rock or both..
and lots of shopping / bargain hunting in-between lol
We leave on the 29/10/12 on the 16.30pm flight
is this list "do-able" ?

Edited at 06:03 PM.
NatOwls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 12, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NatOwls View Post
Thank you very much ! That is very kind of you!
We arrive at Newark at 12.15pm on 27/10/12, saying in The Manhattan @ Time Square. We like to do/see:
Central Park
Grand Central Station
We have a evening river cruise booked via Groupon, (not booked a time / date yet though - thinking possibly where we hope to get some great pics of the Statue of Liberty,
Ground Zero.
Toys R Us, Nintendo World, Sony World, Herseys, (The toy shop where u can have a go on the floor piano - like on the film BIG - I cant think of the stores name)
Madison Square Gardens
Walk across Brooklyn Bridge
Get tattooed at NY Ink...or just go in & buy a t-shirt lol
Sightseeing around Times Square
Empire State Building or Top of the Rock or both..
and lots of shopping / bargain hunting in-between lol
We leave on the 29/10/12 on the 16.30pm flight
is this list "do-able" ?
Yes, it is do-able.

Toys R Us and Hersheys are in Times Square. You can walk from Times Square to the Rockefeller Centre where Top of the Rock and Nintendo World are. You can then walk from there up to Central Park where FAO Schwartz (the shop with the piano) and the Apple Store are.

Grand Central Terminal is not far from Times Square heading south. The Empire State Building and Madison Square Gardens are a few blocks further south. Macy's is also near them.

Ground Zero is at the bottom of Manhatten. I don't know where your Evening Cruise is leaving from but if it is from Seaport you will be able to visit Ground Zero just before doing that.

You will need to be on the go all the time you are there to fit everything in but it will be so worth it.