Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Jul 13, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

Oh cool thank you! I wondered where the pics were on here.. Lol..
We do love our steak..

Its so good to be able to talk about it all on here.. Adds to all the excitement..
Bubble123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 13, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
kblackman
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bubble123 View Post
We arrive on the 28th so yes a few days after you leave..

17th - 23rd sounds awesome.. My friend did a cruise last year & they flew back & landed Christmas morning!
I think it will be brilliant so excited! it would be amazing to go for Christmas but i can imagine it will be even busier!

Does anyone know if it will be really cold when we are there?
kblackman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 13, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

I'm thinking so.. Definitely hats etc... I'm even hoping for snow.. Lol..
Bubble123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 13, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
kblackman
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bubble123 View Post
I'm thinking so.. Definitely hats etc... I'm even hoping for snow.. Lol..
will need to invest in a nice new coat, comfortable boots and hat! Me too that would be amazing! we keep watching Home Alone 2 (in July) to get ourselves excited! no idea what we will be like in Nov and beginning of Dec!
kblackman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 13, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

Lol.. I love watching the New York films.. That ones definitely on the list to watch before we go.. Elf too..
I think I will definitely wear my new trainers in abit before we go this time.. My feet didn't know what had happened to the in Orando this year!
Not long now.. Who are you flying with?
Old 2 Jul 13, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

I've just reserved our tickets for statue of Liberty with crown access.. Wasn't available for our dates other day.. So that's another thing booked.. Yey!
Old 2 Jul 13, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Your in for a fantastic time we went Feb last year for dh's 40th, did all the sights, sadly couldn't go into Statue of Liberty as she was having a refurb, but the owner of my husbands work very kindly paid for us to do a helicopter ride as a birthday gift it was amazing.
Make sure you wrap up for top of the empire states building it was FREEZING when we got to the top
We used subway for getting around felt very safe, lots of police presence never once felt uneasy.
Give yourselves plenty of time to get to airport on return, traffic was horrendous when we left and we nearly missed our flight home

HAVE A FANTASTIC TIME
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 13, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Monty moo View Post
Your in for a fantastic time we went Feb last year for dh's 40th, did all the sights, sadly couldn't go into Statue of Liberty as she was having a refurb, but the owner of my husbands work very kindly paid for us to do a helicopter ride as a birthday gift it was amazing.
Make sure you wrap up for top of the empire states building it was FREEZING when we got to the top
We used subway for getting around felt very safe, lots of police presence never once felt uneasy.
Give yourselves plenty of time to get to airport on return, traffic was horrendous when we left and we nearly missed our flight home

HAVE A FANTASTIC TIME
Wow.. Nearly missed you're flight home! That's insane That was also very kind of you're husbands boss..

Did you have to climb all the stairs there is no lift is there?
Old 2 Jul 13, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
familyofthree
Apprentice Imagineer

familyofthree's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
There is a lift in the ESB, there are 2 actually if you go to the 102nf floor.
There is no lift in the statue of liberty, we went to the crown in march last year and it is about 400 odd steps to the crown!
Highly recommend a steak house called Keens chophouse, it is on 34th not far from penn station, best steaks we have ever eaten and portion sizes are large.
Definitely need to layer up as it will be cold and we have always used the subway to get around, never felt unsafe in the 10 visits we have taken to NYC.
Old 2 Jul 13, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
JellyEllieBean
Imagineer

Please can you all do New York trip reports as we're going next April and I can't wait to hear all your tips and advice.

We haven't told the children yet, I've always wanted to do a reveal like others do for Florida, so I'm trying very hard not to say anything