Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Nov 05, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post

My moan about Disneyland Resort Paris

Sorry to moan about disney but is it me or do others feel the same!

Disneyland Resort Paris, DISNEY without the true magical feeling of DISNEY!
I know it's disney but it just doesnt feel as magical as being in Walt Disney World, or Disneyland Resort.
Maybe its the country its in, maybe its the staff but to me it just doesnt feel the same.

They dont seem to make the effort like they do in the states!

The parades for one, Summer princess parade was good, Halloween parade was the princess parade floats with cobwebs and pumpkins on them, villian characters instead of princesses, then 1st Nov xmas parade started, same floats as for princess and halloween parade, but this time a few bits of tinsel and some bows, princesses back but wearing white dresses. Where are the new floats?, where is the imagination?

Meeting the Characters in the parks is like a free for all rugby scrum, our poor 2 yo DD nearly got crushed and spent the rest of the day sobbing her heart out cos we wouldnt let her out of the pushchair to meet characters in case it happened again, WHY CANT EUROPEANS QUEUE!

Cant fault the hotels as always the staff are freindly, helpful and polite.

Cant wait to get back to the states next year where they really know how to have a magical time !

Just interested to know if there are any other Dibbers who feel the same?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 05, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post

It's hard to go to DLP and not compare with the 'real thing'...but I still thinks it's a great way to spend a few days...I've only ever been around Christmas time to DLP and it's always had that magical feeling for me at that time of year...I agree about the lack of queing though... though I did hear they're trying harder now... I'm going back on Dec 15th for 3 nights... can't wait... obviously WDW's miles ahead...but DLP will grow I think... and it sure beats hands down anything we have in this country
Old 3 Nov 05, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by Scotsmomma
and it sure beats hands down anything we have in this country
That's for sure. I like it a lot and it is a good quick fix when Fl isn't available.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 05, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Not saying we dont enjoy it, we love going to DLRP and have been many times.
Just think a little more effort could be put in to make it that bit more magical, maybe should have named thread a gripe more than a moan.
Old 3 Nov 05, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Kimber03
Imagineer

Kimber03's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 26

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 174
Guidebook Reviews: 1
It might be something do with the fact its "French" IMO they built it in the wrong country.

They should have built the park in Spain.
Kimber03 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 05, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
to be honest everytime I price DLP it costs £1000 or more for a few days, just seems too exp when u can get 2 weeks in Fl for an extra grand, better weather, money goes further
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 05, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Disneymadamy I agree with everything you say. When we went about 6 years ago we didn't really enjoy it at all. Disney is American and when you see someone else doing it it's just not the same. As has also been said there is very little organisation and things can get out of hand very quickly. For the amount of money it costs to go and stay on site for a couple of days I'd rather save a bit more and go to Florida for a proper holiday where everything seems right.
I don't think I'd ever go back to DLP.
Old 3 Nov 05, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Homer'sWife
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by BCKloon
It might be something do with the fact its "French" IMO they built it in the wrong country.

They should have built the park in Spain.
Agree here 100%. The trouble with DLP is the lack of customer service, lack of acknowledgement of anyone who's not french and the rudeness of people in the par, and I'm talking the english as well as the europeans.

Went once, would go back only if we won the lottery and could stay at best hotels.
Homer'sWife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 05, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Maz
Imagineer

I think it is great for those who don't think they will ever get to the US, but for us it was a big disappointment after being in Florida. The staff for the most part were very sullen and would surely get the sack if in Disney World. Queuing - well, what can you say!:angry: It brought the worse out in me I can tell you, particularly at Pirates of the Caribbean where it is just one big crush. It needs much more Disney magic.
Maz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 05, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Logan
Imagineer

Well, I can't comment on Florida - yet, but remedying that next June!

As for DRP, I've been 3 times in the summer and about the same at Christmas. I've never experienced anything but good service, politeness and helpfulness from cast members. Ok, in the summer with the extra crowds some might be slightly grumpy , but generally found staff genuinely friendly and helpful. Hotels is the same story, first class service.

Both seasons have their attractions, but I prefer Christmas for the magical atmosphere (lights, music, snow, tree lighting, etc), less crowds (unless it's close to Christmas) and cooler. Although it's in France, I've been luckly with weather, crisp dry sunny days and only got cooler when the sun went down. I usually go 2-3 weeks before Christmas (chance for some last minute pressies ) and we've been able to walk up to many rides, even staying on for a repeat.

The village has extra magic too, with the Christmas market and the hotels are done up wonderfully. I love the big blazing fire in the Sequoia Lodge, surrounded by Christmas trees, garlands, etc.

All in all, I've always had a great time at Disneyland Resort, Paris - no compliants (except the queuing thing, but that's not entirely Disney's fault, it has a lot to do with human nature and European's upbringing )

However, when I've been in the States, maybe I'll think DLP is awful!
Logan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread