Old 15 Dec 14, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie Girl
Imagineer

Yorkie Girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Originally Posted by pompeyboy View Post
Hello, I enjoyed reading your Florida trip reports, thanks for sharing. Not sure if you are planning on going to the Statue of Liberty on your upcoming NY trip, if you are tickets for access to the crown are on sale for May, now. They are $23 each, which includes the boat over and entrance to the pedastal, museum and the climb up to the crown.

We are nearer your Dad's age than yours but really enjoyed the SoL, although it could be argued that there are much better views than those from the crown, we do get that "we've been up there" feeling every time we see the Lady on tv.

Tickets do sell out pretty quickly, the best place to book is in the link below. Sorry to have wasted your time if you weren't thinking of going to the SOL. We loved our trip to NY and am sure you will too. Happy planning.

statuecruises/
Thanks for reading and the great advice. I'm so behind on my planning that I really need to have a clear plan on what I (we) want to do! Statue of Liberty is something that I've always wanted to do

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
I love reading New York trippies, so looking forward to this.

How handy to have a connecting flight from your local airport too.
Thanks for reading. Yes, it's very handy just flying from the local airport. We had an email over the weekend that the flight times had changed, which caused a mini panic, but the regional flights have just changed to five minutes later so there's not much difference

Originally Posted by academy View Post
Can't wait to read more.

We are also doing New York (for the first time) next August before we go down to Orlando (been lots of times)

Theres me (49) My New York obsessed daughter (14) who doesn't know about the New York bit and my Mum (75)

Mum actually went to New York last May for the grand total of 12 hrs! She sailed from the UK to New York and back again on the Queen Mary 2 so it was a whistle stop tour for her.

Looking forward to reading your plans
Wow, that sounds like an amazing trip! How are you going to keep New York a secret for so long?

Originally Posted by Tracykph View Post
Hi

We are flying into JfK and going to Times Square, in June 2015, me and husband first timers, can you advise or recommend the best transport to use from airport to times square? Your advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for reading. We actually booked transfers with the package because there is four of us and it wasn't much more expensive. If we weren't doing that then we'd have probably got the bus to the centre and then walk from there.

Tracy
Originally Posted by Tink 45 View Post
Sounds brilliant, we decided to go to NYC in Nov/Dec 14, it was going to be a short trip too but we priced internal flights from NYC to Orlando! It was too good a price to pass up on! maybe worth a look if you have the holidays! Enjoy! X
Thanks, we are going to Orlando again next November so are doing wo separate trips instead (not sure why - originally we were going to add New York onto our Orlando trip, but then did it separate )
Yorkie Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 14, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracykph
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by pompeyboy View Post
I would recommend the subway, currently $7.50 each way, takes a good hour but should be a direct subway to TS. You have to use the Air train to connect with the subway but we found it very easy to navigate.

A great journey planner on the MTA website below, you should be able to find your hotel on the destination finder and it will show the best route to the nearest station.

mta.info/
Thank you very much for your help.

Tracy
Tracykph is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 15, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie Girl
Imagineer

Yorkie Girl's Reviews
So with just over two months to go before we are on our was to NYC we still don't have any concrete plans in place for when we get there

We do have some ideas for the sort of thing that we want to see and do though.

Me and Andy both want to go to the Top of the Rock. I have heard that the view is better than the Empire State Building (which I did in 2012)

We all want to visit Central Park (definitely to go back to Strawberry Fields)

and we'll probably enjoy a drink in the bar if the weather is nice, plus my parents want to do a carriage ride.

Grand Central Station

We'll see about going to Juniors for some cheesecake whilst we are here.

Times Square

Well, we are staying close by so we'll definitely have a wander around here - probably on our first evening

New York Public Library

If I ever got married and couldn't afford the train station in the Magic Kingdom, then this place would be a very close second (although I have no idea how much it would cost so maybe it's even more expensive. Anyway a girl can dream)
Yorkie Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 15, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
beautybutterfly
Imagineer

beautybutterfly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
that is a really good price for new york! Really looking forward to reading your plans and what you get upto because we're going to NYC in October
Westridge North May 2014 | DLP The Kyriad March 2015 | Southern Dunes May 2015 | New York and Toronto October 2015 | Highlands Reserve DIBB villa May 2016 | LA & Vegas October 2016 | New York December 2016 | The Keys & Orlando Lake Berkley Dibb Villa April 2017 | Las Vegas MGM Grand May 2018 | Wyndham Resort iDrive April 2022 | Rosen Inn LBV Aug 2022
beautybutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 15, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie Girl
Imagineer

Yorkie Girl's Reviews
Originally Posted by beautybutterfly View Post
that is a really good price for new york! Really looking forward to reading your plans and what you get upto because we're going to NYC in October
Thanks for reading it's a great price isn't it? Hopefully we'll love it and can find that price again in the future

2 months today
Old 15 Apr 15, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie Girl
Imagineer

Yorkie Girl's Reviews
So a slight change of plan. You lovely Dibbers made me aware that the One World Observatory will be opening on 29th May, and as we are there from 28th May it would be rude not to have a look, so we have booked tickets for 11.30am on Saturday 30th May

Now, my Dad is not the biggest fan of heights (and neither am I, but there's no way I'm missing it) but he has still agreed to give it a go, so I've booked the tickets as a birthday treat for everyone.

It means that we will no longer be going to the TOTR, but I'm sure this will be worth it!
Old 15 Apr 15, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Great pre trip report. We did NYC for the first time last year and loved it so much that we're going back in the summer.

I'm off to google One World Observatory now😀
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 15, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie Girl
Imagineer

Yorkie Girl's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jaybeez View Post
Great pre trip report. We did NYC for the first time last year and loved it so much that we're going back in the summer.

I'm off to google One World Observatory now😀
Thanks for reading, I'm a little worried that we will catch the 'Big Apple' bug

One World Observatory is basically the top of One World Trade Center and is the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere (that's what their website says anyway). The observatory in on the 102nd floor
Old 15 Apr 15, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
academy
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Yorkie Girl View Post
Thanks for reading, I'm a little worried that we will catch the 'Big Apple' bug

One World Observatory is basically the top of One World Trade Center and is the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere (that's what their website says anyway). The observatory in on the 102nd floor
I'm still thinking about One World Trade when we go in August. I will be looking forward to your report.

Not long for you now
academy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 15, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie Girl
Imagineer

Yorkie Girl's Reviews
Originally Posted by academy View Post
I'm still thinking about One World Trade when we go in August. I will be looking forward to your report.

Not long for you now
If I'm not too sick then I'll take loads of pics of the view

It's not long at all now (six weeks tomorrow )