Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Sep 15, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
1st-timers
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
Definitely have to do both parks - but especially DisneySea as right now it is the one Disney park I haven't visited!

We're planning to use the Sheraton as a base for Tokyo (much nicer/larger rooms than what I could find in central Tokyo for the same price), so I'm hoping to be able to pop into the parks late at night on my way back from Tokyo too, or maybe early in the morning on the way into Tokyo...

I think Haneda is only an hour bus ride away from Disney and the bus ride costs <1000 yen one way, which isn't too bad! We're flying into Narita but out of Haneda.

I've just been reading up about Tokyo Disneyland and I just read about all the popcorn flavours - apparently they have flavours like soya sauce and milk tea and curry - definitely am going to have to try them! And a friend was telling me about the Toy Story alien mochi so I'm going to have to try that too!
We are doing the same using the Sheraton as a base for Tokyo as well as Disney as thought the same about a hotel in central Tokyo
And as well as the bus from the airport you can also use Green Tomatoes Shuttle service this is who we are using as our flight into Narita doesn't get into 6 o'clock at night as no buses seem to go after 5 o'clock .

We are getting excited now as it is 2 weeks till we go and also can't wait to try all the different popcorn and Toy Story Alien mochi they look so cute and also try to go to the parks midweek as to the weekend as weekends seem to be so busy and also worth checking out TDR Explorer is a usefull site for stuff about Tokyo Disney.
1st-timers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 15, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 1st-timers View Post
We are doing the same using the Sheraton as a base for Tokyo as well as Disney as thought the same about a hotel in central Tokyo
And as well as the bus from the airport you can also use Green Tomatoes Shuttle service this is who we are using as our flight into Narita doesn't get into 6 o'clock at night as no buses seem to go after 5 o'clock .

We are getting excited now as it is 2 weeks till we go and also can't wait to try all the different popcorn and Toy Story Alien mochi they look so cute and also try to go to the parks midweek as to the weekend as weekends seem to be so busy and also worth checking out TDR Explorer is a usefull site for stuff about Tokyo Disney.
Oh amazing hope you have a fab time! Will defo check that site out, hope you can report back with any top tips & info. We go in January so hoping it won't be as busy... wishful thinking though!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 15, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I just had a look at the Japan Disney store the other day and wow the merchandise they have looks pretty cool! Especially like some of the bags they have like store.disney.co.jp/g/g4936313522570/ and store.disney.co.jp/g/g4936313522594/, am hoping they'll be available when I'm there so I can take a look in person!

Plus I'm guessing that there will be lots of Tsum Tsums available there... (Plus Shellie May!) And the jewellery on the Disney Japan store looks pretty amazing too...

I think I might have to change some extra yen...

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
Oh it all sounds amazing! Can you get the bus direct to Disney from Haneda airport?
Yup apparently there is a very regular shuttle service between Disney and Haneda airport, although like all Japan airport services it ends early!

limousinebus.co.jp/en/pl...hes/index/4/81 830 yen for an adult one way ticket

Originally Posted by 1st-timers View Post

I'm very very much looking forward to trying all the food in Disneyland! I found a touring plans blog with a review of 25 types of different foods the writer tried in Tokyo Disneyland so am looking forward to seeing how much I can manage to try... And if there is anything I can buy home for friends!

And also recently a friend went to Tokyo and came back with this snack called Tokyo Banana - it's a sponge cake shaped like a banana and banana flavoured and it was really yummy! And like all food gifts from Japan it came in the most pretty packaging ever. Might have to go pick up some when I'm there provided the price isn't too insane...

And yes to avoiding weekends, we arrive on a Saturday but I think we'll hold off entering Disneyland until the Monday as hopefully the crowds will have dwindled a little. Though I might buy a cheeky Starlight passport ticket or something and head into the parks on Saturday/Sunday if I really really want to get a head start... :P

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
Oh amazing hope you have a fab time! Will defo check that site out, hope you can report back with any top tips & info. We go in January so hoping it won't be as busy... wishful thinking though!
Apparently January is one of the best times to go to TDL though, as the crowds are less! Although apparently it's also rather cold - possibly similar to Disneyland Paris in January?

Edited at 02:47 PM.
sky13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 15, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

If I pay my own way, can any one of you going to the Japan parks adopt me, so I can come with you. Will have my own room
AntonyJ is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 15, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Tokyo Disney has some amazing food gift containers i got biscuits in a loveley tin and a beautiful tin Alice in Wonderland tin with chocolates.Wish i had brought more but my boys brought so many retro games in Tokyo could not carry more .I hope to go again in Spring will stock up .The gift shops are wonderful you will spend a lot .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 15, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Oh really excited! I will need an extra suitcase!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 15, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by AntonyJ View Post
If I pay my own way, can any one of you going to the Japan parks adopt me, so I can come with you. Will have my own room
Haha!

✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
Old 16 Sep 15, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Galatoni View Post
Tokyo Disney has some amazing food gift containers i got biscuits in a loveley tin and a beautiful tin Alice in Wonderland tin with chocolates.Wish i had brought more but my boys brought so many retro games in Tokyo could not carry more .I hope to go again in Spring will stock up .The gift shops are wonderful you will spend a lot .
Awesome, would be nice to have nice gifts I can bring home! (We have a fair amount of baggage allowance so think we might have enough space, hopefully!)

I've been reading the food blogs about all the food at Tokyo Disneyland and am slowly building a list of things I HAVE to try, including Chandu's tail and the popcorn and the Gyoza bun. Trying to debate if I want to try and get a reservation at Magellan's too!
Old 16 Sep 15, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

I really want to go to the Alice in wonderland banquet hall, is that quick service?

✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
Old 26 Sep 15, 01:15 AM  
Link to this Post

Alice restraunt is a buffet the food i hear from a friend is wonderful wish we had eaten there it looks so nice .My friend got dessert in a beautiful china cup souvenir .Alice is my favorite will put on list for next trip.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread