Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Sep 15, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
We're off to Salou and portaventura for the third time in October, it's a great park, not Florida but a cheaper theme park holiday, I love the area because you can visit the surrounding areas cheaply an easily, cambrils, Barcelona, taragonna, all great places

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018, New York July 2023
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 15, 02:21 AM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

i had already booked caribe hotel before this thread,for 3 of us in july,but have now cancelled that booking and changed to ai el paso ,superior room for not much more ,we have been to el paso before it was all inclusive,and thought it was good, so hoping it still will be. mo x
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 15, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Lotso2015
Excited about Disney

[QUOTE=buryboy;10992092]
Wanted to book while cheap but it wasn't 100% clear on one thing - do you know if you effectively get a fresh express pass each day of your hols, ( so in theory could ride the biggies with little queue 14 times each in a fortnight ) or is it just one express pass that entities you to one go on each biggie across the whole stay . The upgrade only worke d out about £15 a day , which is great value for a a family of 4 if you get an express pass each day.

We've stayed at the portaventura hotels for last 4 years and have always had the fast pass. We always paid extra as just got standard room. It was a one off payment of around 50-60 euros each but lasted for your entire stay and was a wristband that you cannot take off.
Lotso2015 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 15, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

We re going back to Salou for the forth time in October. It's a great theme park, dd loved the water rides.
Been once in August and would love to go again so we can go to back to the water park, as its closed in October.
Always stay in Salou, but that's a great price for the portaventura hotel and would be great to stay there with the fast passes included.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 15, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by JLH View Post
did you have to pay for the entire week upfront or did you just pay a deposit, thanks x
Just paid a deposit and then the balance on arrival

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Thanks a lot for posting this . It's only gone and made me book for next August. May see you there . I actually booked a standard room at lunchtime then when I saw your post re the superior room including express passes , now booked one of those also ! ( Cost about 2700 for the fortnight as my kids are older and classed as adults , still great value )
Need to cancel one. Lol.
Wanted to book while cheap but it wasn't 100% clear on one thing - do you know if you effectively get a fresh express pass each day of your hols, ( so in theory could ride the biggies with little queue 14 times each in a fortnight ) or is it just one express pass that entities you to one go on each biggie across the whole stay . The upgrade only worke d out about £15 a day , which is great value for a a family of 4 if you get an express pass each day.

We booked our flights 2-3 months ago with jet2 , cost a bit under 800 for the 4 of us

JLH - you pay a deposit equal to one nights rate. And if you want / need to cancel you can do so anytime up to 15 days before arrival , and you even get your deposit back. You pay rest of balance on arrival at hotel
What date in August do you go? We go the 13th. yep the passes are for each day.

Originally Posted by Dixie Dot View Post
Oooooooo you've got me thinking now! We were wondering where to go on holiday next year, might have it sorted
Do it Do it
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 15, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mobeckwith View Post
i had already booked caribe hotel before this thread,for 3 of us in july,but have now cancelled that booking and changed to ai el paso ,superior room for not much more ,we have been to el paso before it was all inclusive,and thought it was good, so hoping it still will be. mo x
Brilliant!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 15, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We went to salou for a week in July and visited portaventura and the water park and also cirque du soleil which was on there over the summer. We had a great time... I agree it's not Florida but a brilliant alternative!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 15, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by seriliza View Post

What date in August do you go? We go the 13th. yep the passes are for each day.

:
Thanks for that . I presumed so but wanted to check before I cancelled the standard room one .
We go on the 17th so will cross over by 3 days
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 15, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Hi again.
We've just been discussing the El Paso , and debating whether staying there for a fortnight will be a bit " too much" and become a bit " samey"

aftwr all it is one theme park; it looks like the Ferrari land won't be open next August
Certainly it's a great added extra to a standard all inclusive in as much as who can complain as a "free" theme park on tour doorstep but reading a few reviews , suggests that there is actually not much going on in the hotel in the way of activities during the day and entertainment at night , which is the real thing that most all-inclusiveness have . I'm guessing they don't feel a huge need as many guests will be in the park ?

I can imagine us going to the theme park most evenings , but 14 evenings would be too much

Can anyone who has been advise what goes on during the hotel during the day and at night ?

( I'm considering swapping to doing a week at the El Paso , and a week at another hotel in salou ( either Self catering or half board ) that has a bit more going on at the hotel.

All responses appreciated . Thanks

PS Kids will be 13 and 17 so not mini-disco material
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 15, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Hi again.
We've just been discussing the El Paso , and debating whether staying there for a fortnight will be a bit " too much" and become a bit " samey"

aftwr all it is one theme park; it looks like the Ferrari land won't be open next August
Certainly it's a great added extra to a standard all inclusive in as much as who can complain as a "free" theme park on tour doorstep but reading a few reviews , suggests that there is actually not much going on in the hotel in the way of activities during the day and entertainment at night , which is the real thing that most all-inclusiveness have . I'm guessing they don't feel a huge need as many guests will be in the park ?

I can imagine us going to the theme park most evenings , but 14 evenings would be too much

Can anyone who has been advise what goes on during the hotel during the day and at night ?

( I'm considering swapping to doing a week at the El Paso , and a week at another hotel in salou ( either Self catering or half board ) that has a bit more going on at the hotel.

All responses appreciated . Thanks

PS Kids will be 13 and 17 so not mini-disco material
Me too ! I've been reading trip advisor and come to similar views as you ! I'm
Also wondering if you can walk from El Paso to park ?
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread