Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Jan 16, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by vanlou View Post
We've only ever been to the one at Longleat, but loved it. It was just such a chilled week. We did a couple of the activities, but you can spend hours in the pool or just walking around the site and the food choices were great. Plus we spent a day at Longleat safari park which was good fun. Definitely recommend it.
I was also toying with the idea of Longleat ourselves as its not far from Alex's relatives so was thinking we could combine a trip even though it's a long way. Can you leave once your there as I know you don't have your car? So could we take a day out to drive to see our family? I love Longleat as well.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 16, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Center Parcs is fantastic - we love going there - but it is not "a summer holiday" - it is a short break (3 nights weekend, 4 nights weekdays) to recharge the batteries. Tons to do and the wildlife is amazing...

We woke up last time (May half term, Longleat) to a tableau that would befit Snow White! a woodpecker on the edge of the bbq - a heron in the tree (who knew they went up on trees!?) 5 squirrels fighting over the nuts we put out, 3 ducks, a moorhen 2 rabbits and a myriad little birds flitting about - all to be sent skittering when 3 deer came up and stole all the nuts and seeds -

we watched it all for nearly an hour - before ambling to the supermarket for fresh Danish pastries and a newspaper, then off swimming for 3 hours with a break for fries and tomato ketchup, followed by a late lunch in the pancake house and table tennis in the late afternoon, then Strada for pizza .

Amble back to the villa and watch the bats swooshing round the outside lights.

Lovely.

And magic night at the pancake house was one of the funniest experiences ever - a really good magician with a talent for persuading people to take part - good buffet too!
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 16, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
I was also toying with the idea of Longleat ourselves as its not far from Alex's relatives so was thinking we could combine a trip even though it's a long way. Can you leave once your there as I know you don't have your car? So could we take a day out to drive to see our family? I love Longleat as well.
Yes you can leave at any time Kelly (ha ha that makes it sound like a prison ). You just can't drive the cars around the actual site (other than on the days you arrive/leave to drop off/pick up your luggage). It is a lovely site - one morning we opened the curtains to find a deer outside

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 16, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

But please don't take the car free bit to mean "traffic free" there are still service vehicles driving round, and disabled, and the "land train", grocery deliveries, mini buses etc.

Was not at all as traffic free as we expected down the central "main" roads.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 16, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by vanlou View Post
Yes you can leave at any time Kelly (ha ha that makes it sound like a prison ). You just can't drive the cars around the actual site (other than on the days you arrive/leave to drop off/pick up your luggage). It is a lovely site - one morning we opened the curtains to find a deer outside
Haha I was thinking how do I word it so it doesnt sound like they confiscate your car and trap you there! sounds exactly like what we will need and we can do two things at once. x
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 16, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BLDY&McGoo View Post
I remember going as kids and my sister and I loved it.

Me & dh would like to go but we werent sure if it is one of those places that only really works as a family as aposed to a couple?
We go as a couple and always find lots to do, you should give it a try
emmabanana is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 16, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We love centre parcs, but will not pay a few thousand for a weeks holiday in the school holidays! If you can go out of the school holidays it is worth it.
Last time we went, a lot of activities were booked up already for the whole week! So make sure you book them before you go.

The solution to have a centre parcs holiday without breaking the bank, is to drive to a centre parcs in Europe - we went to one in Holland and had a great time - and paid only £80 a night in the May holidays (in an executive villa) - compare that to the UK! We even got free extras like bread rolls for breakfast and bowling. And none of the activities were booked up. Eurotunnel was £50 each way, and it took only 4 hours drive (so not much more than getting to a uk one really). Plus we were only 30 mins by train from Amsterdam.
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 16, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
calongwag
Excited about Disney

I like the log fire, warm outdoor pool under the stars, family time, kids enjoying being outdoors etc. I might surprise the family with a break this year

Edited at 02:00 PM.
calongwag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 16, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
I remember hearing people raving about Center Parcs and couldn't fathom out why? Then when our third child was born we booked a short break there as she was only weeks old. We absolutely loved it! We've been lucky enough to go every year since. The kids love it there, it feels so safe and is so family friendly. It's so peaceful and I just love looking out into the forest. We walk a lot and use the pool loads, that's the kid favourite part. Only ever been to Sherwood Forest, it's literally just down the road from us so can't see the point in travelling further than in necessary. Not long till were back again
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 16, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Originally Posted by calongwag View Post
I like the log fire, warm outdoor pool under the stars, family time, kids enjoying being outdoors etc. I might surprise the family with a break this year
Just reminded me of the outside swimming pool. Our kids love this especially swimming in the dark. Once it had snowed and it seemed so strange swimming outside with the snow round us
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread