Notices

Old 19 Jun 16, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by cherub85 View Post
We are going to Toronto in 5 weeks, like you we saw cheap flights with a different airline and snapped them up on a whim! I'm feeling very underplayed though compared to you, we have our hotels etc booked and an idea of some things to do but that's it! Will play it by ear in terms of places to eat etc!
We are going Toronto in 5 weeks too!
Old 19 Jun 16, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Your trippie title grabbed my attention, as this sounds a similar scenario to how we came to visit Toronto! We were looking at going to Italy for 4 nights, but found cheap flights to Toronto so went there for 5 nights instead, for less cost than the Italy trip would have been.

Looking forward to reading all about your trip.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 16, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
If you need any help with anything send me a message! You will have an amazing trip.
I may well take you up on that

Originally Posted by NatsyNoo View Post
Wow great trip! Doing something with Toronto is one of my options so reading with interest!
Once we got into planning this year, we were amazed at how cheap things are. Our Guest house is only about Can$80 ($40 per night)

Originally Posted by cherub85 View Post
We are going to Toronto in 5 weeks, Will play it by ear in terms of places to eat etc!
Mr W is the world's fussiest eater, I need to be slightly more organised than most :-) have a great holiday

Originally Posted by lottiesmum0 View Post
We are going Toronto in 5 weeks too!
Have a great holiday too

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
Your trippie title grabbed my attention, as this sounds a similar scenario to how we came to visit Toronto
We are still laughing about it, its amazing how cheap Canada is

Trip Reports
Howling @ the Horror 2015 (Complete)
Who knew Toronto was on the Med (Complete)
Getting Our Kicks - Pre Trippie
Wobbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 16, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

Don't forget to try The Keg Steakhouse. Also enjoy Baton Rouge, Jack Astors and Little Anthony's.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 16, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Planning Day Four and Five - Niagara Falls

Sorry I have been neglecting this Pre-Trippie but our holiday has been at risk Nearly 6 months ago, I broke my ankle at work. Well, it hasn't healed and I have been struggling with movement and have needed an op. Today I have been cleared to (finally) have the cast removed (for the second time!) and although I won't be given a fitness to fly certificate until the day before, I should be OK.

So back to planning... After a full couple of days in Toronto, we are moving to the Doubletree Hotel in Niagara Falls. Today we pick up the hire car (a full size SUV), although sadly Toronto don't do skip the line... but hopefully we won't get to much of the hard sell.

For our time in Niagara Falls, I have booked the full Adventure Pass, which have cost me about £50 per person. This includes our must do - Hornblower Tours, including a "skip the line option"

We will also look at fitting in the Journey behind the Falls and the Whirlpool Areobridge if the weather permits

We also get two day incline and WEGO transport included (so can leave the car at the hotel!) I also hope to fit in the white water walk and the butterfly conservatory.

There are plenty to places to eat, many will be familar from Orlando, however I keep looking at Jeffro BBQ.

I have also booked a trip up the Skylon tower. At about £10 per person this works out great value.

Oh and as we are there for a Friday evening, we are going to see the fireworks too!

I am really looking forward to this visit, I have wanted to go to Niagara Falls since I saw Superman II at the cinema as a small person and I can't wait.

Next Pittsburgh - Bridges and Groundhogs

Trip Reports
Old 11 Aug 16, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

We just got back from our trip

Toronto was amazing - loved the city and I'm sure you will too.

Niagara was also brilliant. Beware the White Water Walk looks close on the map, but was actually about a 3 mile walk away! Definitely one to get the Wego to.

Avoid Outback Steakhouse - it was dead opposite our hotel so we went there as we love it in Orlando, but it was REALLY expensive!
Old 11 Aug 16, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Rossalino
Apprentice Imagineer

We've been back from our trip a week now and we also loved Toronto - spent 3 nights there and did a lot of walking as we didn't pick up the car until we left there for our next place.

We also stayed at the Doubletree in Niagara - hotel was nice and we had a room on the 18th floor (are you a Hilton Honors member as I think you get given the higher floors). We arrived late on a Monday night but as it was a Bank Holiday in Canada there were fireworks and we were able to watch them from our room. There is a Wego stop right by the hotel although you would have to change for the line that goes to the White Water Walk.

One other thing about the hotel, did you know they added a tourist tax on? At lot of the hotels and restaurants there do it I think but I'd read it was optional and you could ask for it to be removed but they refused at the Doubletree.

We really enjoyed the Hornblower but the queue was horrendous when we got there - think we must have hit it at the same time as a couple of coach loads as when we looked at other times it wasn't as bad Anyway, if you've got skip the line passes you should be OK (didn't realised you could get them!)

Not sure if you'll have time to fit the Whirlpool Jetboat inbut it was so much fun! We picked it up in Niagara on the Lake but I think you can do it from Niagara Falls as well. They do tell you that you get soaked but I wasn't quite prepared for how much water there'd be
Rossalino is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 16, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post

If you get time the jet boat ride from Niagara on the Lake is awesome!

There's a great restaurant called My cousin Vinnie, great meatballs.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 16, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
We just got back from our trip

Toronto was amazing - loved the city and I'm sure you will too.

Niagara was also brilliant. Beware the White Water Walk looks close on the map, but was actually about a 3 mile walk away! Definitely one to get the Wego to.

Avoid Outback Steakhouse - it was dead opposite our hotel so we went there as we love it in Orlando, but it was REALLY expensive!
Thanks for the hints and tips, there are a couple of brewhouses which are top of Mr W's list so will report back on them :-)

Trip Reports
Old 30 Aug 16, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
On to Pittsburgh

Hello, I am back and the next part of the journey which is the first real part of the road trip:

Niagara Falls to Pittsburgh

This leg of the journey is 5hrs 37 minutes in total (covering 447km). The first leg is Niagara to Buffalo for breakfast, are you allow to eat Buffalo Chicken for breakfast?

Then we are heading to Punxsutawney for lunch and to meet Phil the Groundhog. We love the film Groundhog so this is a must for us.

Then its on to Pittsburgh for a couple of nights. Must do here include, walking up Mount Washington and travelling around the bridges, I never knew Pittsburgh was famous for its bridges.

It is also the home of Heinz and their museum is famous

It is also the home of the National Aviary, which only costs $14 for the day. We love animals and birds so we are looking forward to spending some time here.

There are plenty of places to eat, the Wingharts Burger and Diamond Market make it to the top of our list, with the sharp edge close behind.

We are stopping at Doubletree again, which is central and close the local transport. So we intend to ditch the car and travel by foot and train (which is free in centre)

Thanks for Reading

Trip Reports